The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Guest ProudToBeAGeordie

Zaragoza go 2-1 up against Sevilla at half-time.

Sevilla are again benching a lot of important people: Zokora, Navas, Perotti not playing. Luís Fabiano not even in the squad.

I never knew Jermaine Pennant moved to Real Zaragoza. Booked within 2 mins of coming on as sub.

Sevilla are again benching a lot of important people: Zokora, Navas, Perotti not playing. Luís Fabiano not even in the squad.

wish i knew that before putting them in my accumalator,  i need to sevilla to win to get it up,  20 mins left and not looking good!

wish i knew that before putting them in my accumalator,  i need to sevilla to win to get it up,  20 mins left and not looking good!

Jímenez is coming under heavy fire for his rotations, Benítez-tastic.

Zaragoza to leave relegation zone if they clinch the win, they have improved greatly these past weeks. They were (and are) a midtable team on paper and just needed the confidence back.

Agüero also starts on the bench, but he's one yellow away from suspension and I suppose they don't want to risk him for the Barça game.

He is been on the bench for quite a few league games of late iirc.

He's been rested for the Cup games. Atlético has a good shot at silverware there.

Wenger was having a go at someone on the Chelsea bench there at the bottom of the screen.  He's such a sore loser.

He's a cretin, and he's worse than ever now. SBR had it right about him and that was years ago.

Bobby liked him I think. I do recall some negative comments after a game though.

There is a lot to admire about Wenger, but he has zero dignity or class. I can't remember SBR's exact words but they were about that, I think.

Something about learning how to lose and reacting with a bit of dignity when it happens.

Marseille are finally finding their stride again I hope. 3-0 up against Valenciennes.

Thought this was funny yesterday: Grenoble who previously had one win and 7 points in the entire season randomly came out and crushed Auxerre 5-0. Auxerre are in the top half and fighting for European places. Shock result of the year.