The other games today - 2009/10

Dave

Jímenez again with some puzzling selection policies with Luís Fabiano and Perotti on the bench (although Capel was good against Osasuna), and a silky midfield made up by Zokora and uber-donkey Aldo Düscher.

To be honest Sevilla are the better side, but were shambolic at the back for Mallorca's goal.

And remove Aouate from goal and Mallorca would have 10 less points at the very least. He's immense this season.

Massive mistake there.

Mine or Sevilla's?

Toon reject Aldo Duscher none the less.

Jímenez again with some puzzling selection policies with Luís Fabiano and Perotti on the bench (although Capel was good against Osasuna), and a silky midfield made up by Zokora and uber-donkey Aldo Düscher.

To be honest Sevilla are the better side, but were shambolic at the back for Mallorca's goal.

And remove Aouate from goal and Mallorca would have 10 less points at the very least. He's immense this season.

Massive mistake there.

Mine or Sevilla's?

The gk. Handed Sevilla a goal.

Ah yes, I probably jinxed him. Still Mallorca's best performer this season (Valero has been brilliant too)

Another ridiculous red.

In Spain tackles from behind are almost always a red. Although there wasn't that much contact here. I call orange card.

I love La Liga but it's like a non-contact sport at times. They've even stopped Zlatan from doing his karate passes  :angry:

Another ridiculous red.

In Spain tackles from behind are almost always a red. Although there wasn't that much contact here. I call orange card.

I love La Liga but it's like a non-contact sport at times. They've even stopped Zlatan from doing his karate passes  :angry:

Ah yes, he's got a couple yellows for those. Pity since they are awesome.

Joking about Rooney being in Distin's pocket aside, we were fucking immense today. I always maintained we'd make a European charge but I certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from Chelsea and Man Utd. But anyone who saw either game could barely say we didn't thoroughly deserve either win. And to come from behind in both is particularly brilliant.

Today obviously didn't start well - Baines was horribly exposed I noticed on a few occasions for example but once we got the goal (never expected Bily to do too much this year considering how many months consecutively he's played - Russia not qualifying for the WC is great news), we got our act together and tightened up. Neville seeing off Rooney and a free kick aside, Man Utd didn't really have much to shout about. They weren't great but we made them look not great. No surprise that now our ridiculous injury list has decreased, we're proving ourselves to be at least a top 7, and arguably top 4 team. 3 tough away games to the 3 contenders (City, Villa, Spurs) aside, we have a very good-looking run-in.

Get in.

Joking about Rooney being in Distin's pocket aside, we were fucking immense today. I always maintained we'd make a European charge but I certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from Chelsea and Man Utd. But anyone who saw either game could barely say we didn't thoroughly deserve either win. And to come from behind in both is particularly brilliant.

Today obviously didn't start well - Baines was horribly exposed I noticed on a few occasions for example but once we got the goal (never expected Bily to do too much this year considering how many months consecutively he's played - Russia not qualifying for the WC is great news), we got our act together and tightened up. Neville seeing off Rooney and a free kick aside, Man Utd didn't really have much to shout about. They weren't great but we made them look not great. No surprise that now our ridiculous injury list has decreased, we're proving ourselves to be at least a top 7, and arguably top 4 team. 3 tough away games to the 3 contenders (City, Villa, Spurs) aside, we have a very good-looking run-in.

Get in.

Was saying to a lad at the N-O game, you can't knock Moyes in the transfer market, when was the last time he bought he a duffer. Certainly can't think of too many except for Koldrup. Shame, for his sake, that Everton will never really be able to kick on. Really missed out heavily when they ballsed up the CL qualification.

Guest kingdawson

Joking about Rooney being in Distin's pocket aside, we were f***ing immense today. I always maintained we'd make a European charge but I certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from Chelsea and Man Utd. But anyone who saw either game could barely say we didn't thoroughly deserve either win. And to come from behind in both is particularly brilliant.

Get in.

You played well and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

I watched Hetinga put in a very good performance today and thought "why the fuck couldn't you do that at Atletico". I will say i thought Donovan's performance today was overrated. Yes he's got pace and yes he can run past people but his final ball and decision making was pretty poor to me. P.neville was great though and Rodwell is technically very very good.

Can't say i'm at all confident about our meeting next week. 2 things i'm happy about though is the fact that you lot usually like to attack (we're shite against teams that park the bus) and Lennon might be back for the game.

Get in.

Was saying to a lad at the N-O game, you can't knock Moyes in the transfer market, when was the last time he bought he a duffer. Certainly can't think of too many except for Koldrup. Shame, for his sake, that Everton will never really be able to kick on. Really missed out heavily when they ballsed up the CL qualification.

As much as I still rue not getting through (Collina, oh dear), we were never ready for that. Getting 4th was a great buzz without doubt but I fear if we'd have stayed in, yes we'd get to play good sides but I think we would have had an even worse first half of the season.

And yep, heard loads of people say it: what would Moyes be like with some decent money? He's shown what a brilliant coach he is, he deserves to have more money. The one thing I'd love for him to do is to leave Everton with a trophy.

Joking about Rooney being in Distin's pocket aside, we were f***ing immense today. I always maintained we'd make a European charge but I certainly wasn't expecting 6 points from Chelsea and Man Utd. But anyone who saw either game could barely say we didn't thoroughly deserve either win. And to come from behind in both is particularly brilliant.

Get in.

You played well and thoroughly deserved the 3 points.

I watched Hetinga put in a very good performance today and thought "why the fuck couldn't you do that at Atletico". I will say i thought Donovan's performance today was overrated. Yes he's got pace and yes he can run past people but his final ball and decision making was pretty poor to me. P.neville was great though and Rodwell is technically very very good.

Can't say i'm at all confident about our meeting next week. 2 things i'm happy about though is the fact that you lot usually like to attack (we're shite against teams that park the bus) and Lennon might be back for the game.

Gut feeling is that unfortunately I think you'll win - Thursday night will take a lot out of us. I would be surprised if we went to WHL and won, despite the past 3 years. We go there with a lot more confidence than we would have 6-8 weeks ago though, that's for sure.

Heitinga has been brilliant recently, very surprised by how well he's fit into things but he has. Donovan whilst he isn't amazing, I think is proving to be definite PL quality. Sometimes though he does show inexperience in terms of being in a quality league - a few times he just aimlessly runs and hopes he'll win the ball as opposed to knowing what he's going to do.

Guest Stephen927

That Russian lad at Everton (not even going to try and spell his name, let alone say it) struck a good goal for Everton's equaliser, beautiful.