Italian Serie A - 09/10

LucaAltieri

Guest Heneage

How any fan can advocate Serie A being boring when the best league in the world has Portsmouth and Hull playing out a game that was by Phil Thompsons admission the worst game ever, is beyond me.

I'm all for people having opinions and calling this league boring, but it's rarely if ever substantiated. They offer no evidence, anything they just 'SERIE A = ZZzzzz' like Palanese (Apologies but the most current example mate.)

For me this league may be slower but it's far more technical than the Premier League, the ability to play at a slower pace is just as difficult to play at a faster pace if not harder. You just need look at Sulley Muntari for evidence of that.

Guest Heneage

How any fan can advocate Serie A being boring when the best league in the world has Hull is beyond me.

Fixed.

I wouldn't even say them, Blackburn who in their last few games have gone behind and in no way attempted to attack and take chances against opposition. The Premier league, may have some of the worlds best players, but it's not a strong league in terms of depth.

How any fan can advocate Serie A being boring when the best league in the world has Hull is beyond me.

Fixed.

I wouldn't even say them, Blackburn who in their last few games have gone behind and in no way attempted to attack and take chances against opposition. The Premier league, may have some of the worlds best players, but it's not a strong league in terms of depth.

On one hand, everyone merits their place in the league (staying up or getting promoted), but on paper it is depressing to see some of the teams who inhabit the table. Good example re: Blackburn.

Guest Heneage

Fixed.

On one hand, everyone merits their place in the league (staying up or getting promoted), but on paper it is depressing to see some of the teams who inhabit the table. Good example re: Blackburn.

True but our discussion isn't the fact these teams are in this league, it's the fact people suggest that all theteams in this league are quality when some really survive on a type of football that any team  can implement, thus why a lot of these teams get dicked in Europe.

Guest Heneage

Is that Inter's brilliance, or showing up the lack of quality in the league?

Inter's brilliance, they have the strongest squad think Chelsea circa 2006.

League is pretty poor. Juve, the main challengers are a way off being a top team, imo. Milan, Sampdoria, Fiorentina, etc. are all good teams. Not great, and not contenders for anyone's title.

What's wrong with Huntelaar btw? See he hasn't been playing and has scored zero goals in Serie A so far.

Guest Heneage

Inter's brilliance, they have the strongest squad think Chelsea circa 2006.

It's not as strong as that man, f***ing hell.

Compared to those around them it is. Not in terms of Europe but seriously, you look at some of the squads outside starting XI and they are really weak. They have players like Quaresma, Mancini, Arunatinovic(Sp) Samuel, Motta, Sneijder etc they have an incredibly strong squad.

Inter's squad isn't as good in terms of pure talent as the top 4-5 teams in Europe, but they have a great depth. If they can somehow build on that they will be challengers. Not sure they will be able to if Mou leaves, though.

They look miles ahead of anybody else in Serie A, though.

Inter's squad isn't as good in terms of pure talent as the top 4-5 teams in Europe, but they have a great depth. If they can somehow build on that they will be challengers. Not sure they will be able to if Mou leaves, though.

In order to build further, they have to be challenged. No chairman is spending hundred's of millions of pounds just to maintain the status quo. Man U were alos quite complacent imo, until Chelsea came along.

In order to build further, they have to be challenged. No chairman is spending hundred's of millions of pounds just to maintain the status quo. Man U were alos quite complacent imo, until Chelsea came along.

Aye, that's why I talk about Mou. He's a very ambitious manager with a strong personality, so he's the kind of presence that can push a club forward in terms of ambition. But that very same ambition is what can make him go elsewhere if it doesn't look Inter can challenge for the CL.

Guest Heneage

I'm awaiting Ronaldos response to my Chelsea argument.  :shifty:

Mattis do you ever plan on playing this Arnutinovic lad, I want to see him, he looks fucking class, that and he looks cool too.

Inter has the strength to do well in Europe, but there is something that just doesn't work when they play in the CL, i would say if they just get a break and beat some big team like Manchester United or Barcelona etc maybe they could get something to build on.

It just seems as they freeze when they get in there.

Was it last season they played Man United in the Champions League?

For me over the two legs Inter were the better team they just lacked the cutting edge to break down what was at the time the best defence in Europe.

In the first leg Ibrahimovic went missing and when he did come good in the second leg the midfield support was too slow in backing him up.

I'm awaiting Ronaldos response to my Chelsea argument.  :shifty:

Mattis do you ever plan on playing this Arnutinovic lad, I want to see him, he looks f***ing class, that and he looks cool too.

In context with those around them, I agree.