Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Could it be that we've informed him an acceptable bid has come in? Seems strange for him to just blurt all this out without something prompting it. He'd have done it straight away after signing up otherwise.

Could it be that we've informed him an acceptable bid has come in? Seems strange for him to just blurt all this out without something prompting it. He'd have done it straight away after signing up otherwise.

That or we've told him we are close/got your replacement.. "you can go".

or maybe Joey's pissed with our pursuit of Yohan Cabaye?

Guest VegasToon

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to. 

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to. 

After the season he has had? What a pitiful comment.

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to.  

The problem is as good as Joey has been for us this season (I'd like him to stay for at least squad depth) you just know he's one step away from doing something stupid again.. I can see why our owner doesn't want to take the risk with him.. especially as he's not young.

It's strange how every time us fans get attached to a player or manager, Ashley decides to get shot of them  :dave:

You have to wonder why we bothered standing by him through all the prison time etc though, only to fuck him off once he starts playing well.

The problem is as good as Joey has been for us this season (I'd like him to stay for at least squad depth) you just know he's one step away from doing something stupid again.. I can see why our owner doesn't want to take the risk with him.. especially as he's not young.

The lad as hardly put a foot wrong in over 2 years. Where as tiote has made a load of poorly timed tackles and nowt is said.

Joey has changed just accept it and stop waiting for him to screw up

It's strange how every time us fans get attached to a player or manager, Ashley decides to get shot of them  :dave:

You have to wonder why we bothered standing by him through all the prison time etc though, only to fuck him off once he starts playing well.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I suspected he had a hidden agenda when he signed up to twitter. He's probably been waiting for a final push before posting these sort of comments. I'm guessing he's just been told he's surplus to requirements.

Didn't Keegan have to argue to keep him after prison? Mark Douglas said the people upstairs aren't on the best of terms with Barton and now they probably see that they can get rid of him if this Cabaye bloke has signed.

:undecided:

The lad as hardly put a foot wrong in over 2 years. Where as tiote has made a load of poorly timed tackles and nowt is said.

Punching players in the stomach doesn't help his case.

Guest sicko2ndbest

You have to wonder why we bothered standing by him through all the prison time etc though, only to f*** him off once he starts playing well.

Hands were tied dave

Not going to cancel the registration of a player who cost 6 mil

Punching players in the stomach doesn't help his case.

Gamst is a cunt. Good on Joey.

There is a load of trach being spoken in here today, how the hell did you know he had a agenda.

where you spiderman senses tingling ?

The fact he created a Twitter account as soon as the news broke of no contract proves it.

There is a load of trach being spoken in here today, how the hell did you know he had a agenda.

where you spiderman senses tingling ?

That's even worse if he did not have an agenda :lol:

Guest neesy111

The club are clearly pissed off by his change of mind in January after verbally agreeing to a contract extension and then turning back on it.

Barton and McKay can't be trusted IMO, which basically is a no-no with our management.

The club are clearly pissed off by his change of mind in January after verbally agreeing to a contract extension and then turning back on it.

Barton and McKay can't be trusted IMO, which basically is a no-no with our management.

And our 'management' can be trusted?

:mackems: