Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest VegasToon

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to. 

The problem is as good as Joey has been for us this season (I'd like him to stay for at least squad depth) you just know he's one step away from doing something stupid again.. I can see why our owner doesn't want to take the risk with him.. especially as he's not young.

The lad as hardly put a foot wrong in over 2 years. Where as tiote has made a load of poorly timed tackles and nowt is said.

Joey has changed just accept it and stop waiting for him to screw up

Punching players in the stomach doesn't help his case.

Gamst is a cunt. Good on Joey.

Hard to argue that Gamst isn't a cunt. 

There is a load of trach being spoken in here today, how the hell did you know he had a agenda.

where you spiderman senses tingling ?

I don't know, I said I suspected he had an agenda. Although the timing of his Twitter account and common sense tells me he did.

There goes any hope of this being solved amicably :lol:

He's right in a lot of what he says but I've no doubt this situation isn't just all down to the club. There's a degree of self interest on Barton's side too which is understandable if not slightly unpalatable thanks to the presence of Willy fucking McKay. I've no idea why he feels the need to act the martyr though because it does nowt for him or NUFC.

Guest VegasToon

It's strange how every time us fans get attached to a player or manager, Ashley decides to get shot of them  :dave:

You have to wonder why we bothered standing by him through all the prison time etc though, only to fuck him off once he starts playing well.

The club are clearly pissed off by his change of mind in January after verbally agreeing to a contract extension and then turning back on it.

Barton and McKay can't be trusted IMO, which basically is a no-no with our management.

And our 'management' can be trusted?

:mackems:

Since when can McKay be trusted?  Barton should let everything play out behind the scenes.  Twitting his comments is only hurting the situation.

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to. 

The problem is as good as Joey has been for us this season (I'd like him to stay for at least squad depth) you just know he's one step away from doing something stupid again.. I can see why our owner doesn't want to take the risk with him.. especially as he's not young.

The lad as hardly put a foot wrong in over 2 years. Where as tiote has made a load of poorly timed tackles and nowt is said.

Thats sort of stuff is a part of football, happens the world over. Everybody has a breaking point and some people know how to get you there.

The reason barton is labelled a thug is the off field stuff. The part of his life is over.

Guest neesy111

It's strange how every time us fans get attached to a player or manager, Ashley decides to get shot of them  :dave:

You have to wonder why we bothered standing by him through all the prison time etc though, only to fuck him off once he starts playing well.

The club are clearly pissed off by his change of mind in January after verbally agreeing to a contract extension and then turning back on it.

Barton and McKay can't be trusted IMO, which basically is a no-no with our management.

Barton is equally as untrustworthy as our management.

Love Barton, but seriously, he's 29 with only playing one good year with us.  The rest in jail or injured.  Of course we are going to look for a younger cheaper replacement.  We would be stupid not to.  

Aye sod it, let's take the risk of getting a red card every time we face a team with a cunt in it.

It's strange how every time us fans get attached to a player or manager, Ashley decides to get shot of them  :dave:

Barton is equally as untrustworthy as our management.

What makes you think that?

Guest neesy111

Hard to argue that Gamst isn't a cunt. 

I could name at least 1 cunt in every team in Europe.  Doesn't give Barton or any other player the right to punch them.

Pathetic comments really to defend Barton's actions.

He's right in a lot of what he says but I've no doubt this situation isn't just all down to the club. There's a degree of self interest on Barton's side too which is understandable if not slightly unpalatable thanks to the presence of Willy fucking McKay. I've no idea why he feels the need to act the martyr though because it does nowt for him or NUFC.

Interesting as it is, all he's doing with these comments is justifying the club's probable opinion that he's difficult to manage. Factor in the wages/contract he's on/after and I'd imagine they're feeling pretty smug right now.

Another good player surely leaving. Can only hope we replace him with equal or better quality.

Interesting as it is, all he's doing with these comments is justifying the club's probable opinion that he's difficult to manage. Factor in the wages/contract he's on/after and I'd imagine they're feeling pretty smug right now.

Another good player surely leaving. Can only hope we replace him with equal or better quality.

Spot on. As much as I like Barton and think he's a great player, he's got to go really. This has proven just how hard he is to control.

Think it's a shame the board are lowballing a player who can still do a good job and obviously likes it here but I'm not happy with the way McKay or Barton has been carrying on either. 

Exactly. Plus he's not really telling us stuff we haven't ascertained elsewhere - the club want to buy cheap, young players that they can sell on for a profit in a few years time. If the papers are correct and we're very close to signing Cabaye then you can understand the logic behind not offering him a new deal (that's not to say I agree with what the club are doing, mind). He's also skirted around the issue of the contract he was offered in January which he didn't sign.

It's not a black and white issue.

Barton has been a key player this season and whether he has an agenda or not, he will be missed if he leaves this summer. Seems very much to me that Ashley wants shot of him in the hope of making a few quid on the back of some good performances. One thing about Barton that has struck me when he's interviewed, is that he comes across as being fairly honest and genuine. If this is his response to being treat shabbily by Ashley/Llambias then who can blame him? Enrique out of the door, followed by Barton begs the question where will it end? Nolan, Jonas, Colo?

One things for certain is that Smith won't be going anywhere, because he's Ashley's favourite player!

if cabaye's coming in, sell barton now imo. having heard caulkin talk about big rows behind the scenes and how hard barton is to deal with at times it's too big a risk to have a pissed off joey lurking at the club next season.

bit of a shame imo but AS LONG AS HE'S REPLACED, get rid.