Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

It was very silly, I can't see how we can defend it. Pedersen made a meal of iy no doubt. However, at the end of the day Barton struck another player, you can't go around doing that on the football pitch.

At the same time, I fully expect this to be blown out of proportion because it is Joey Barton. Hopefully it will be a small 1 or 2 game ban at most and we can just get on with it and forget the incident, because for most of the season he has played well.

Guest Roger Kint

howay man he didnt expect to get jabbed in the lung, course he's going down :lol:

Jabbed in the lung? Give over man it was an over reaction to highlight the issue plain and simple.

People are glossing over the issue by concentrating on MGPs reaction. It's irrelevant. Barton was totally moronic to do it in the first place and there's no excuse for it. He'll be banned and he deserves to be banned.

Guest Roger Kint

He went down like someone hit him with a sack full of doorknobs. I dont care if youre expecting it or not, a hit with that much force does not cause a reaction like that.

Exactly(before anyone pipes up thats in no way condoning Bartons actions)

At the end of the day it was far less of an issue than what Fellaini did with his elbows in the game down at Goodison. :angry:

But because this is Barton, the FA who have claimed an inabilty to act over all manner of reckless challenges etc this season will bend their rules and ban him. It was talked about after the event between the players and the ref. If it it therefore not mentioned in the report something fishy is going on IMO.

People are glossing over the issue by concentrating on MGPs reaction. It's irrelevant. Barton was totally moronic to do it in the first place and there's no excuse for it. He'll be banned and he deserves to be banned.

Shearer ???

Not a player in the game that wouldnt have gone down from that, dunno why its even being discussed. Thats just football.

The refs gonna see a video of the incident, he'll say he'd have sent him off if he'd seen it & Barton will be out for 3 games.

Guest Roger Kint

One thing i do wonder is why Huddlestone has escaped his far more serious stamp while Barton will quite rightly get done. Seems the FA hide behind the referees incompetence when it suits them.

howay man he didnt expect to get jabbed in the lung, course he's going down :lol:

Jabbed in the lung? Give over man it was an over reaction to highlight the issue plain and simple.

Agreed, he went down like a 2 ton truck had hit him - not Joey Barton. Red Mist overcame Barton, he'll be banned for at least 3 games, he's Joey Barton.   

One thing i do wonder is why Huddlestone has escaped his far more serious stamp while Barton will quite rightly get done. Seems the FA hide behind the referees incompetence when it suits them.

Well, 'far more serious' is up for debate, but he most certainly should be banned for that stamp. It was him thinking he could get away with it if he made it look like an accident, but it was just the shittest attempt to conceal a stamp I've ever seen.

I take it from your post that he hasn't been collared for that, and that's total shit, but it doesn't change what Joey did, and how stupid it was.

Guest Roger Kint

Well, 'far more serious' is up for debate, but he most certainly should be banned for that stamp. It was him thinking he could get away with it if he made it look like an accident, but it was just the shittest attempt to conceal a stamp I've ever seen.

I take it from your post that he hasn't been collared for that, and that's total s***, but it doesn't change what Joey did, and how stupid it was.

Imo it was more serious as the consequences of his actions could have been worse than Bartons, i have already said Barton should be done regardless of this, just highlighting a need for consistency.

Its my understanding he's now been charged. But can I just ask why the FA don't act retrospectively in all cases? Here's two from a single weekend

Birmingham City 0-0 Wigan Athletic

Wigan’s Hugo Rodallega was extremely lucky not to see red after leading with his arm in a challenge with Roger Johnson and then directing a headbutt at the Birmingham defender.

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland

Gerrard should have been sent off for a blatant elbow, which will now go unpunished because Attwell disgracefully gave him a yellow card.

theres those two from a single Premiershit Weekend.

WHy then did the FA not retrospectively charge Rodallega with Violent Conduct? Could it be because he is not one Joseph Barton?

If Barton is charged, it's as much Pedersen's fault as it is his own.

It's an extremely stupid thing for him to do, but if Pedersen doesn't go down in the fashion that he did, we're not sat talking about it now IMO.

Its my understanding he's now been charged. But can I just ask why the FA don't act retrospectively in all cases? Here's two from a single weekend

Birmingham City 0-0 Wigan Athletic

Wigan’s Hugo Rodallega was extremely lucky not to see red after leading with his arm in a challenge with Roger Johnson and then directing a headbutt at the Birmingham defender.

Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland

Gerrard should have been sent off for a blatant elbow, which will now go unpunished because Attwell disgracefully gave him a yellow card.

theres those two from a single Premiershit Weekend.

WHy then did the FA not retrospectively charge Rodallega with Violent Conduct? Could it be because he is not one Joseph Barton?

It's because the referee saw those incidents and decided not to act- the referee didn't see this one.

Don't understand the persecution complex here- if you punch someone in the stomach, you are meant to get a three match ban, I can't think of any situations where this hasn't happened. It shouldn't be a challenge for a football player to not whack someone in the chops off the ball.

Just seen it, he clearly deserves a ban. Needs to learn.

He doesn't need to learn that's the problem. He'll get paid and protected whatever he does.