Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Howaythetoon

I've only skimmed that HTT, but I don't think you're right to be so negative. Yes, Ashley will run NUFC on a purely financial basis firstly, but within those limits he seems to have assembled football people who will make a good fist of building a quality team.

Anyway, would it not be more reckless to suddenly scrap the financial controls because of half a season in the top few?

I'm actualy quite positive about our future, although that's because I have some kind of faith in the players and manager and I can also see a day when Ashley sells up but likewise the past has taught me where NUFC is concerned under his stewardship, things can quickly and drastically go wrong so that positivity isn't too strong.

I don't advocate wreckless spending by the way, I just want to see the manager supported more in a financial sense and to see a bit of speculating to accumulate which Ashley hasn't really done since he took over.

We are doing well finding 'hidden gems' like Tiote for relative buttons but there will come a time where we will have to spend good money to buy a good player and just as importantly to keep one. We did well getting Ba but a player of his quality would otherwise cost in access of 10-12m and I just cannot see Ashley spending that kind of money on a player which we will more than likely have to do at some point to kick on.

That said, I'm more concerned about keeping our best players than buying best or better players. I worry any decent offer will be accepted. Of course we could never turn down the money we were offered for Carroll which was great business but would 20m be good business for Tiote for example? I personally don't think it would, even if it was reinvested into the playing side which history has shown will simply not happen.

Anyway, what I am really advocating in amongs all the waffle is for there to be a good marriage between the financial and football side of things rather than one or the other. In the past especially under Shepherd and co. the football side often come first and the financial side a poor second. This time around its the finacial side. Both need to come first if you like or be equal as that is the only way to be successful.

We can spend as little as possible and keep scouring France for talent until our hearts are content but we will come unstuck. We will sign a dud or two and we will be overtaken by clubs who do get the balance right bewteen the financial and footballing side.

Aye, I know what you're saying, I really hope he might loosen the purse strings enough to keep our best players too. I think it might take a crazy bid to get one of them anyway, which is the situation most clubs are in.

The wages thing is a worry though, would hate to lose someone like Colo over wages.

Slight tangent like, but is that correct about sports direct bonuses?

Oh yeah, but i think its only for full time staff who had been employed there a couple of years at least to qualify.

Jesus, that's a hell of a bonus. If we had bonuses like that maybe i wouldn't be such a workshy fop.

Guest bimpy474

Slight tangent like, but is that correct about sports direct bonuses?

Oh yeah, but i think its only for full time staff who had been employed there a couple of years at least to qualify.

Jesus, that's a hell of a bonus. If we had bonuses like that maybe i wouldn't be such a workshy fop.

Aye i have make do with Walnut Whip and a fiver.......£40 grand..................ffs :(

:D

Guest sicko2ndbest

Seen Llambas comments, he is crass and has no class. Ill leave it for another day but if he wants to take a polygraph live on tv, lets do it

Stalking hell Dave, thought I had the scoop :)

Wasn't it shares rather than cash?

"It may not be a lot of money to Joey' date=' but over 2,000 Sports Direct employees earning £20,000 will receive [b']shares[/b] worth over £44,000 over the next two years.

Yes.

Seen Llambas comments, he is crass and has no class. Ill leave it for another day but if he wants to take a polygraph live on tv, lets do it

Says the man who decided it was a good idea to go into the selfishness of suicide on Sunday...

Guest sicko2ndbest

Not only do I have insurmountable amounts of proof(texts etc et) but also about 6 others players who will concur. Am ready when u r Derek

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he's worried now, him and his fat mate should be sh*tting it, if I decide to write a book. There'll be no holding back on those 2 muppets

Guest bimpy474

Wasn't it shares rather than cash?

Surely they can cash them in though or they might as well have been given £40,000 pounds worth of air...:D

If he's worried now, him and his fat mate should be sh*tting it, if I decide to write a book. There'll be no holding back on those 2 muppets

do it then instead of blabbing.

He will. People like to listen, even those who claim they don't.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Far too slow.