Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

Really hope we keep him but what if selling Barton was the only way to afford to keep Ben Arfa. What would you rather?

Barton.  Ben Arfa has done hardly nothing apart from that everton match & we don't know the impact of the injury will be on him.

He's hardly been given a chance, its only recently that Barton has shown he's worth some of the money we're paying him

Yes, so people making a judgement that we should sell Barton to keep ben arfa is ridiculous.  Sell a player in form, to keep a player that is out with a serious long-term injury.

If that's the argument, I'd rather keep Barton than sell him to sign HBA- but not get HBA due to keeping Barton.

Guest neesy111

Ben Arfa's a c*** but not nearly as much a c*** as Dan f***ing Gosling. Done nothing for this club. *fume*

:lol:

How can ppl judge that players are worth keeping/key players based on a couple of games is ridiculous.

surely it's just the same as judging players when they are at other clubs ?

Players play differently at different clubs.  I never try to judge players on the 1st 6 months they are at a club playing (unless they are utter garbage).  The biggest factor is that ppl are willing to sign Ben Arfa after a major injury despite NUFC's history with signing players with injury record.  The guy has got to play for 3 months properly for me to see whether he would be worth signing.

Ben Arfa's a c*** but not nearly as much a c*** as Dan f***ing Gosling. Done nothing for this club. *fume*

How can ppl judge that players are worth keeping/key players based on a couple of games is ridiculous.

Players play differently at different clubs.  I never try to judge players on the 1st 6 months they are at a club playing (unless they are utter garbage).  The biggest factor is that ppl are willing to sign Ben Arfa after a major injury despite NUFC's history with signing players with injury record.  The guy has got to play for 3 months properly for me to see whether he would be worth signing.

we should never sign anyone without having them play 3 month on loan first then ?

Guest neesy111

Really hope we keep him but what if selling Barton was the only way to afford to keep Ben Arfa. What would you rather?

Barton.  Ben Arfa has done hardly nothing apart from that everton match & we don't know the impact of the injury will be on him.

He's hardly been given a chance, its only recently that Barton has shown he's worth some of the money we're paying him

barton has had a decent season so far but is massivly overated on here along with colo.

I used to think he was overated, but after seeing the difference in our team with his pressing and closing down along with his general play is key for us if we are going to stay up.

the biggest difference is tiote and it would be interesting to see how barton was viewed without a carroll to make the most of the "crosses".

Having Barton in and not having Guthrie or Smith in the team is a 1000% improvement.  Barton's closing down high up the field was key to us winning v Liverpool & will be key for the rest of the season.

against liverpool the whole team ethos changed from the precedding few weeks and we chased them instead of sitting back and waiting, our midfield in general played 20 yds higher up and yes i gave barton my MotM for that game.

saying barton is better than guthrie or smith isn't really much of a defence in the scheme of things.

:kinnear:

That is a ridiculous comment,  Barton being fit and in-form this season is a key factor to why we are on 22 points.  Guthrie and Smith have proven to shit while being at the club and Barton's performances have out-shined any which they've both done at the club in the 2 and 3 seasons they've been at the club retrospectively.

Guest neesy111

we should never sign anyone without having them play 3 month on loan first then ?

Only with regards to Ben Arfa.  This club can't afford to spunk 6M on Ben Arfa after having such a serious injury.

I wouldn't want the club to be spending big amounts in signing a player in general after having a serious injury like he has.  The gosling deal when we got him on a free is different to spending 6M + Wages.

You said Perch was shit after the Everton game, five games into his Newcastle career. Make your mind up.

Guest neesy111

You said Perch was shit after the Everton game, five games into his Newcastle career. Make your mind up.

Read my fucking post, unless they are utter garbage.  Which Perch is.

barton has had a decent season so far but is massivly overated on here along with colo.

I used to think he was overated, but after seeing the difference in our team with his pressing and closing down along with his general play is key for us if we are going to stay up.

the biggest difference is tiote and it would be interesting to see how barton was viewed without a carroll to make the most of the "crosses".

Having Barton in and not having Guthrie or Smith in the team is a 1000% improvement.  Barton's closing down high up the field was key to us winning v Liverpool & will be key for the rest of the season.

against liverpool the whole team ethos changed from the precedding few weeks and we chased them instead of sitting back and waiting, our midfield in general played 20 yds higher up and yes i gave barton my MotM for that game.

saying barton is better than guthrie or smith isn't really much of a defence in the scheme of things.

:kinnear:

That is a ridiculous comment,  Barton being fit and in-form this season is a key factor to why we are on 22 points.  Guthrie and Smith have proven to s*** while being at the club and Barton's performances have out-shined any which they've both done at the club in the 2 and 3 seasons they've been at the club retrospectively.

isn't that what i said re guthrie and smith, hey jonas is better than wayne fereday but it doesn't mean a great deal does it ?

Oh so you can call a shit player but its wrong to call a good player in limited time?

Your 'fucking post' is a bit stupid, though. I think that's his problem.

Only with regards to Ben Arfa.  This club can't afford to spunk 6M on Ben Arfa after having such a serious injury.

I wouldn't want the club to be spending big amounts in signing a player in general after having a serious injury like he has.  The gosling deal when we got him on a free is different to spending 6M + Wages.

"we should never sign anyone" now becomes ben arfa only...make your mind up.

So you made that judgement after five games? Why can't that work the opposite way then, if they're class for five games for example? Or does it just take you six months to decide if somebody is good as opposed to a few games to decide if someone is shit?

Guest neesy111

Oh so you can call a shit player but its wrong to call a good player in limited time?

My general point is that ppl should be wary of labelling players good / bad based on a few games.  I said Perch was utter shit from what I seen of him last season, so I'am biased on that point.

I've seen NUFC players start of good and then become utter shite.  Daniel Cardone is a great example of that.

My general point is that ppl should be wary of labelling players good / bad based on a few games.  I said Perch was utter shit from what I seen of him last season, so I'am biased on that point.

I've seen NUFC players start of good and then become utter shite.  Daniel Cardone is a great example of that.

But people have seen HBA at two other clubs doing very well for some time and know of his quality, it works both ways.

Very Alan Shearer of you this.  :lol:

You said Perch was s*** after the Everton game, five games into his Newcastle career. Make your mind up.

Read my f***ing post, unless they are utter garbage.  Which Perch is.

Oh so you can call a s*** player but its wrong to call a good player in limited time?

My general point is that ppl should be wary of labelling players good / bad based on a few games.  I said Perch was utter s*** from what I seen of him last season, so I'am biased on that point.

I've seen NUFC players start of good and then become utter s****.  Daniel Cardone is a great example of that.

right then, in the transfer window we sign up messi, as he hasn't put in neesy's 3 month here we shouldn't judge him.

1.5 Fuckin Million.

The press really do come out with some shit. One minute you got Mildew saying Barton and Nolan are key to the team, then the next minute some prick comes out with the £1.5 million story.

I personally cant see Joey going anywhere.

In addition, This club needs to lift the Veil of Secrecy that it seems to have adopted because if they dont shit like this will keep emerging.

Guest neesy111

So you made that judgement after five games? Why can't that work the opposite way then, if they're class for five games for example? Or does it just take you six months to decide if somebody is good as opposed to a few games to decide if someone is shit?

I've never rated Perch and never will based on what I seen of him last season, pre-season and the first few games he played this season.  Also he hasn't had a look-in since Danny Simpson has been back which might show what the management think of him as well.

It can work the opposite way, but I've seen plenty of examples of players starting off well and then becoming utter garbage at the end of the season.

You said Perch was s*** after the Everton game, five games into his Newcastle career. Make your mind up.

So you made that judgement after five games? Why can't that work the opposite way then, if they're class for five games for example? Or does it just take you six months to decide if somebody is good as opposed to a few games to decide if someone is s***?

I've never rated Perch and never will based on what I seen of him last season, pre-season and the first few games he played this season.  Also he hasn't had a look-in since Danny Simpson has been back which might show what the management think of him as well.

It can work the opposite way, but I've seen plenty of examples of players starting off well and then becoming utter garbage at the end of the season.

but you can't say they done well at the start without judging them can you.

So you made that judgement after five games? Why can't that work the opposite way then, if they're class for five games for example? Or does it just take you six months to decide if somebody is good as opposed to a few games to decide if someone is s***?

:spit:

Guest neesy111

You've missed my point, you need to give a player a period of time to see what their form is like over the course of that time.  Judging a players overall ability on 5 games at a club is stupid as most players have bad periods and good periods.  Judging them over a 20 game period to see what their overall form is like is better off on judging a player.

I hope this rumour of a £1.5 million transfer fee isn't true because we could easily get that amount and possibly more at the end of the season. Apart from weakening ourselves, why strengthen one of our rivals?

I seem to remember that Ashley was supposed to be keen to dump Barton at the time of his off-field problems. His wages are supposed to be £60k a week, and Ashley may resent paying that amount for a player whose behaviour is so unreliable.

We're being linked with Charlie Adam, who would be a reasonable replacement, but not as good as Barton. Could one move be conditional on the other?

Guest neesy111

Amazing how most ppl is expecting HBA to be the same player despite the seriousness of his injury.  Look at the difference it made to Eduardo, never the same player since.

I hope this rumour of a £1.5 million transfer fee isn't true because we could easily get that amount and possibly more at the end of the season. Apart from weakening ourselves, why strengthen one of our rivals?

I seem to remember that Ashley was supposed to be keen to dump Barton at the time of his off-field problems. His wages are supposed to be £60k a week, and Ashley may resent paying that amount for a player whose behaviour is so unreliable.

We're being linked with Charlie Adam, who would be a reasonable replacement, but not as good as Barton. Could one move be conditional on the other?

I would like to think that we won't get rid of JB especially after 'The Club' have basically stood by him throughout his time here.

You've missed my point, you need to give a player a period of time to see what their form is like over the course of that time.  Judging a players overall ability on 5 games at a club is stupid as most players have bad periods and good periods.  Judging them over a 20 game period to see what their overall form is like is better off on judging a player.

i haven't missed your point at all. we all judge players on a game by game basis and we'll make allowances for things like bedding in to a new team, recovering from injuries etc. however if we believe a player to be shit before we sign him not many people will say, oh well, best give him 3 months and see how he turns out.