Joey Barton

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think we need more incentive pay structure which regards progress/success.

This and if a plyer deserves a wage rise I.e Ranger, give him one Give him what he's worth. Plus all players should get the same win bonus. It's so unfair if somebody like Carroll gets a higher win bonus than somebody like Simpson because they both would have played their part in the win.

I thought the club had got rid of all the bonus payments.  If they haven't done so yet, they certainly have been trying to do so.

I think we need more incentive pay structure which regards progress/success.

This and if a plyer deserves a wage rise I.e Ranger, give him one Give him what he's worth. Plus all players should get the same win bonus. It's so unfair if somebody like Carroll gets a higher win bonus than somebody like Simpson because they both would have played their part in the win.

I thought the club had got rid of all the bonus payments.  If they haven't done so yet, they certainly have been trying to do so.

Didn't know that they had or were trying to.

Guest neesy111

I think Blackpool are best example of how to use bonus payments, they gave a big dangling carrot to their players last season for promotion and it worked.

Guest Roger Kint

I think Blackpool are best example of how to use bonus payments, they gave a big dangling carrot to their players last season for promotion and it worked.

Yeah Charlie Adam no doubt agrees with you............

I want Colo and Barton to take wage cuts like. If they don't accept it, I can see them both being sold.

Colo, Barton, Enrique, Nolan, Smith and Gutierrez will all be on £40k+. R. Taylor and even Xisco will be on 30k+

Have to work on getting rid on these two before making players take wage cuts.

I think they should all take paycuts and if they won't, then transfer list them.

It makes a mockery of our so 'wage structure' if we're telling transfer targets they can't get more than x thousand pounds a week and then have them come into a squad where half of them are on double that.

If we're a so called 'promoted club', the players need wages that reflect that. Like someone up there ^ (sorry on phone), make it success incentive based.

Guest neesy111

Charlie Adam's bonus was different to the premiership bonus, it was relating to their relegation bonus.  They've all received their bonuses for getting into the premiership.

Guest Roger Kint

Charlie Adam's bonus was different to the premiership bonus, it was relating to their relegation bonus.  They've all received their bonuses for getting into the premiership.

Ok sorry I assumed you meant the first 12 words of your post.

Guest neesy111

Ok sorry I assumed you meant the first 12 words of your post.

Did i mention any players specifically.  I said it's the best way for clubs to do, in part it got Blackpool to the premiership so it be considered a massive success.

I want Colo and Barton to take wage cuts like. If they don't accept it, I can see them both being sold.

Colo, Barton, Enrique, Nolan, Smith and Gutierrez will all be on £40k+. R. Taylor and even Xisco will be on 30k+

Have to work on getting rid on these two before making players take wage cuts.

I think they should all take paycuts and if they won't, then transfer list them.

:facepalm:

Every single time I've suggested that our home form should be better, I've been met with the line, and I quote, "we're a newly promoted side". Well as a 'newly promoted side', we can't afford to have players on 40k+ a week.

Enrique is the only exception I would make to that list.

Every single time I've suggested that our home form should be better, I've been met with the line, and I quote, "we're a newly promoted side". Well as a 'newly promoted side', we can't afford to have players on 40k+ a week.

So you'd rather we sell the likes of Coloccini, Gutierrez, Barton, Nolan and Steven Taylor (new contract must be +40k) than have them on high wages?

So you'd rather we sell the likes of Coloccini, Gutierrez, Barton, Nolan and Steven Taylor (new contract must be +40k) than have them on high wages?

If we could get replacements in, then yeah I would. They're not irreplacable, and Colo certainly isn't worth the high wages suggested.

When would you sell them?

The summer, as long as replacements were in place beforehand.

Who would be realistic replacements?

I don't know. It's the job of the club's scouting network to work that out.

Cost of replacing Barton and Nolan to our already thin squad midway through the season is relegation tbh.

Well obviously, yeah. I didn't suggest getting rid of them now.

Apologies, I haven't been following this thread meticulously but has not this discussion arisen from talks of Barton's touted departure in January?

But surely if you are saying they must be sold, then you must have some kind of idea of the players we could REALISTICALLY target to replace them.

Chris Samba plays in all of their positions. Sell them all and get him in.

He wants out of blackburn.

Why does he want to leave Blackburn? Oh yeah, shit owners.

Cost of replacing Barton and Nolan to our already thin squad midway through the season is relegation tbh.

Well obviously, yeah. I didn't suggest getting rid of them now.

Apologies, I haven't been following this thread meticulously but has not this discussion arisen from talks of Barton's touted departure in January?

Yeah, but it's kinda swung in the direction of wages and wage cuts.

Mike Ashley has never sold a first-team player against his will.

Hard to believe, but true.

He sold Scott Parker in June 2007, a few days after taking full control off Shepherd as I recall correctly. We hung onto Parker until we could get Barton here, although it was Allardyce that wanted Parker out, he certainly didn't want to leave.

Selling over the managers' head he has never done. He's certainly signed unwanted players though and that's just as bad really.

But surely if you are saying they must be sold, then you must have some kind of idea of the players we could REALISTICALLY target to replace them.

Not really, no. I'm not going to suddenly rate a player and want him to stay just because I can't think of a replacement though.