Danny Guthrie

Jordan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The last two games he has shown more than I thought he could at this level, if he can keep it up then it will be a massive plus for us.

Still needs to work on his stamina.

I agree but that will only come with regular first team football though.

that comes from running every day tbh

Heza09 likes this.

The last two games he has shown more than I thought he could at this level, if he can keep it up then it will be a massive plus for us.

Still needs to work on his stamina.

:sadnod:

I'd keep him in there whilst Tiote is out, and then bring him back in when Nolan isn't fit to play/Tiote gets suspended again.

He's a good central midfielder, the animosity towards him after WBA was uncalled for, despite how poor he was on the day.

He pretended to be injured because he was embarassed, you can't blame folk for being hostile.

The faking injury thing at WBA was embarrassing. I think fans take that kind of thing to heart because if any of us had the chance to play for our club we'd give 100% and savour every moment regardless of how poor we were. Seeing a player in the team's shirt act like that is pretty unforgiveable from the spectator's view.

He's a good central midfielder, the animosity towards him after WBA was uncalled for, despite how poor he was on the day.

He pretended to be injured because he was embarassed, you can't blame folk for being hostile.

Not embarrassed - he pretended he was injured because he fucked up. He hid from his responsibilities and then curled up and died.

It'll take a fair amount of very good performances to win me over.

Not wanting to piss on this big "Guthrie hate" fire, but how exactly do we know he faked injury?

I don't know where this whole feigning injury theory came from tbh...

He kicked the ground, went down and ended up being stretchered off. The ball he let go ended up setting up a WBA goal.

Not wanting to piss on this big "Guthrie hate" fire, but how exactly do we know he faked injury?

He kicked the ground, went down and ended up being stretchered off. The ball he let go ended up setting up a WBA goal.

Because there was no mention of an injury in the press that week and he was fit to sit on the bench a week later?

Guest toonlass

The "experts" on here know more about whether a player is injured than physios and doctors do! You should know that by now!

The "experts" on here know more about whether a player is injured than physios and doctors do! You should know that by now!

Just like you know more about the problems with youth footballers than NUFC apparently.

It was as plain as day he faked it.

How many players are stretchered off, then are not reported to be injured by manager or press, and sit on the bench the week after?

How many players are stretchered off, then are not reported to be injured by manager or press, and sit on the bench the week after?

Quite.

I know but what is there to suggest he was feigning...  ???

Yet there's no proof, that's my point.

Many thought that he faked it, but alot are treating it as fact.

What proof are you looking for? An interview with The Chronicle? Court appearance? A sworn oath?

Guest toonlass

Just like you know more about the problems with youth footballers than NUFC apparently.

My opion on Nile Ranger is based on what someone who works at the club told me about him. Not on messageboard speculation.

Yet there's no proof, that's my point.

Many thought that he faked it, but alot are treating it as fact.

What proof are you looking for? An interview with The Chronicle? Court appearance? A sworn oath?

As opposed to - Guthrie isn't that good + he gave the ball away which must = faked injury :lol:

My opion on Nile Ranger is based on what someone who works at the club told me about him. Not on messageboard speculation.

My opinion on Guthrie's injury is based on over 20 years of playing football and knowing when an injury could be genuine or not.