Newcastle United vs. Reading Pre-match thread K.O. 5:20pm *Live on Sky*

joeyt

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

If Duff's gone, we will undoubtedly play

Harper

Simpson          S.Taylor          Coloccini          Enrique

R.Taylor        Nolan/Barton    Smith          Jonas

Carroll          Shola

Was a canny queue at the box ofice today, still selling tickets I was shocked, even some buying season tickets

Mad, deluded Geordie sheep. Ashley must be pissing himself.

Obviously you'd prefer the fans to allow some fat cunt to dictate the level of our support?  I'm much prefer fans turning up, supporting the team and shouting abuse to Ashley then not turning up at all.

Was a canny queue at the box ofice today, still selling tickets I was shocked, even some buying season tickets

Obviously you'd prefer the fans to allow some fat cunt to dictate the level of our support?  I'm much prefer fans turning up, supporting the team and shouting abuse to Ashley then not turning up at all.

Were you at the Hull game last season? That really worked!

How is anyone deluded?  How do you know the fans buying tickets don't know the score and know we won't walk the league or make any decent signings?  You know some people actually like watching football.

I suppose you think less people going will convince Ashley to sell up quickly, as if relegation wasn't enough to worry him financially.  :lol:

How is anyone deluded?  How do you know the fans buying tickets don't know the score and know we won't walk the league or make any decent signings?  You know some people actually like watching football.

I suppose you think less people going will convince Ashley to sell up quickly, as if relegation wasn't enough to worry him financially.  :lol:

I think you've answered your first question in your second sentence.

Im ordering my ticket in the morning. However, it will be pretty pointless considering we have next to no chance of scoring now that Duff is on his way. Best we can hope for is a pen and Barton on the pitch.

I think you've answered your first question in your second sentence.

Have I?

One game is nowt, people should continue to support the team AND let him know he's not wanted every single game for the rest of the season.  Withholding money from the club isn't going to make it easier for him to sell, its only going to mean he needs to sell more and more players to make up for the short fall in revenue.

Us not buying tickets and not going to matches will only harm NUFC as a football club and the confidence of the team on the pitch.

It has fuck all to do with lining Ashley's pocket.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Us not buying tickets and not going to matches will only harm NUFC as a football club and the confidence of the team on the pitch.

It has f*** all to do with lining Ashley's pocket.

We need to do something that says 'We are with you but cannot support Mike Ashley'

Strictly speaking it worked a treat. :lol:

No Duff in the side so I guess Simpson comes in and Ryan Taylor is moved up?

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

I hate to say this but Damien Duff was one of our best players. We are significantly weakened without him.

Significantly?  Hardly, he did nowt against West Brom except score a goal that was set up on a plate for him.  Kazenga will at least do more in the other 89m of the match and actually, dare I say it, create a chance for a striker.

Ah tbf, when you put it like that - i suppose we won't miss him at all. The club is a hotbed of potent strikers at the moment so someone who scores goals probably isn't that great a loss.

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

I hate to say this but Damien Duff was one of our best players. We are significantly weakened without him.

Significantly?  Hardly, he did nowt against West Brom except score a goal that was set up on a plate for him.  Kazenga will at least do more in the other 89m of the match and actually, dare I say it, create a chance for a striker.

Ah tbf, when you put it like that - i suppose we won't miss him at all. The club is a hotbed of potent strikers at the moment so someone who scores goals probably isn't that great a loss.

"Kazenga will at least do more in the other 89m of the match and actually, dare I say it, create a chance for a striker."

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

We can't score goals for shit man.

Worrying.

Hope Kazenga gets a go.

Still worrying.

We can't score goals for s*** man.

So you don't think Carroll and Ameobi can score tap ins?  Ameobi is completely crap but he has actually scored in the PL when he had half decent service.  Duff couldn't beat a man or cross, Lua Lua can at least do the former well.

If we create, we score, and Lua Lua is gonna be more effective than Duff in that sense.

Wouldn't say it was a tap in either like, I'd expect someone like Barton, Nolan or even Guthrie to put it away though.

I didn't mean that specific goal, I meant that if we've got Lua Lua beating his man and squaring the ball for Ameobi and Carroll we are gonna score some goals no matter how bad Ameobi's finishing is.  When was the last time Duff beat a man and got to the byline to cross?

Wouldn't say it was a tap in either like, I'd expect someone like Barton, Nolan or even Guthrie to put it away though.

I didn't mean that specific goal, I meant that if we've got Lua Lua beating his man and squaring the ball for Ameobi and Carroll we are gonna score some goals no matter how bad Ameobi's finishing is.  When was the last time Duff beat a man and got to the byline to cross?

Yeah I agree, on the proviso Lua Lua is all he's cracked up to be.  He's looked good in the glimpses I've seen of him for the first team (haven't seen a reserve game in a long time), but can he do it consistently?  The one thing I'll say about Duff is he's a neat passer and carries the ball well for a lad with no legs, does Lua Lua retain possession well?

Think its very easy to optimistically overestimate the abilities of kids we havent seen play much for the senior team & pretend theyre single handedly going to change how great our side is.

Our problem going fowards is our central midfield has no creativity (unless barton actually manages a full game) & our fowards movement is useless. Its likely theyll end up looking just as useless as duff or Guti, except be more inexperienced at the same time. When the men in the middle are easy to read and slow as hell, it becomes much easier to mark wingers out of it.

Guest Taylor

Think its very easy to optimistically overestimate the abilities of kids we havent seen play much for the senior team & pretend theyre single handedly going to change how great our side is.

Chopra