Newcastle v Sheff Wed - 19:45 KO 19/08/09 Pre-Match Thread

Fatwax

Can I add, I'm yet to see a defeat at St James Park in 6 years  :snod:

I only saw us win twice last season, haven't seen us win away for about 3 years n I've been to about 30 games in that time. I should really stop going...

I think it's important to win this game.  It would increase confidence and begin to establish SJP as a place opponents don't want to visit.

Can I add, I'm yet to see a defeat at St James Park in 6 years  :snod:

I said that, covering 16 years, as I went to Fulham home at the end of last season... Not the nicest way to see that particular record broken

Read the f***ing rules.

Sorry but I didn't post a link or anything.

I take it back. There's no way you'll be able to watch the match anywhere, unless you go to SJP.

Is that okay with your rules?

Don't be a bellend.

What for trying to help a fan out who wants to watch the game?

Yeah what a bellend but i've apologised anyway.

No: for breaking rules that are in place for a good reason and then being a sarcastic fucker about it.

Honestly had no idea it was against the rules of the forum just to mention it like. Any other banned words?, what about Voldemort?

Was under the impression he'd posted a link to an illegal stream. Apologies if I'm wrong.

Honestly lads, like Tooj mentioned, don't hype your predictions too much because you know how NUFC work. Smilies added to emphasize.

We lose and everyone is in the dumps for a while, then next game we win in style, everyone loves the players again and looks forward to a brighter future!  :celb:

then we lose to an even shiiter side than the last team we beat and everyone despairs  :rant:

then we draw the next match and people remain miserable yet still hopeful we'll pull through  :-[

then we lose narrowly and people get even more frustrated and argumentative!  :rolleyes: :angry:

and then we win again and alls well with the world again  :cheesy:

rinse and repeat  :undecided:

Nah, it depends on how we lose, if the team go out and give it a good shot then no complaints.  If we go out and lose souness or allerdyce style then they should expect some complaints.

I can't seem to be able to start a new topic, so I'll just ask here.

Does anyone on here use Newcastle TV on nufc.co.uk? If so, is it any good? What kind of coverage does one get of the games? Video? Radio? Highlights afterwards? :)

/Peppe

Does anyone on here use Newcastle TV on nufc.co.uk? If so, is it any good? What kind of coverage does one get of the games? Video? Radio? Highlights afterwards? :)

/Peppe

I dont use and dont see a need for it tbh.

/Peppe

I used it years ago, you get commentary of the game. Highlights the day after (which at the time, were just the goals). You don't get live games in video.

I'm tempted tonight, unless someone can let me know if I can get BBC Radio Newcastle on my SKY+ box (I'm guessing it will be on there)

/Peppe

Radio on the match center page (tho not used that for an age tho so might have changed) but no live video. But yup, there are highlights of first team and reserve games and loads of interviews with Hughton and players pre and post match, and features such as insane videos detailing who players would cheat on their partners for, to old boy interviews and some really good coverage of Sir Bobbys charity match.

Not even sure what I'm paying, £23 a year or something, but I'm pretty happy with it. :thup:

Thanks for the replies, might try it out :)

Which site has the best text updates of our games?

/Peppe

YOu can pretty much gauge how the game is going from this thread once it kicks off.

These matchday threads are way better then any other live coverage, always ends up watching here instead..

Not so much now-a-days, but when there was a crucial goal either way and the server failed that was infuriating.