Barnes attacks culture of racism that has slammed door on a 'lost generation'

NG32

I've always found the ratio of black players to black managers pretty staggering. Then again, the genetic factors that give black players the advantage don't correlate with managerial capabilities at a guess

There's loads of factors, personally believe racism is one, but very minor when it comes down to it. So many other things having an impact.

End of the day football is a money game and you want the best, if the best is black you get them, if its white you get them, think the days of selection down to skin colour are just about a distant memory for most.

I mean lets have a poll, JFK or Hughton... :lol:

PS: I believe there would be bigger problems in the workplace over skin colour than in football tbh. I could see someone choosing to employ or not too employ someone over their skin colour or nationality for a normal 9-5 job than at boardroom level at a football club. I could be wrong mind, just my opinion.

Players, managers, coaches - are all picked for their ability, it has nothing to do with being black or white or whatever.

People like John Barnes just throw their toys out the pram and blame racism just because he refuses to admit he's a s*** manager.

"There are no black managers in the Premier League! OMG! WTF?!!" - I somehow don't think it has anything to do with skin colour, it just so happens that alot of the best managers around atm are white. Built on pure coincidence.

Again, you've missed the point. There are almost no black managers at any level of the game. Nothing to do with PL.

But where's the evidence that it's linked to racism?

It could be a number of factors. Lack of ability, lack of ambition to become manager or coach etc. - the colour of their skin is irrelevant.

According to who?

The fact is that, currently, about a quarter of players in the Football League are black, but there are very, very few black managers. I'm not saying it's racism, necessarily, but statistics would suggest there ought to be a larger number of black managers. FOR SOME REASON, black players do not tend to go on to become coaches or managers.

A quarter now, and maybe we will see more in the future, but how many was there back 10-20 years ago, at the right age now to step in to management? And don't include foreign based as they possibly will fuk off back home or to another league where they've played before rather than just stay in a Country they played in for a couple of years.

Fact is there are more failed white British footballers out there who have the drive to go in to management than there is black, and maybe the former black players who have made it just find that chilling out living the dream off their well earned money is more appealing than the stress and strains of management?

I appreciate that there were fewer black players in the past, and that obviously has a bearing. But the younger managers in the game now come from an era when they had several black team-mates. If the percentages don't start to tally soon, I think it's only right to ask questions.

(I'm not saying it's racism, btw: there are many possibly explanations)

Like i said above, i think racism plays its part, unfortunately, but i think its down to a very small % but gets picked up on due to its heightened media attention and social impact, but yeah there are loads of other factors out there, and those need addressing before some dickhead cunt starts mouthing off he's hard done by coz he's black and not the fact he's a fuking shite manager.

Guest toonlass

Players, managers, coaches - are all picked for their ability, it has nothing to do with being black or white or whatever.

People like John Barnes just throw their toys out the pram and blame racism just because he refuses to admit he's a s*** manager.

"There are no black managers in the Premier League! OMG! WTF?!!" - I somehow don't think it has anything to do with skin colour, it just so happens that alot of the best managers around atm are white. Built on pure coincidence.

Again, you've missed the point. There are almost no black managers at any level of the game. Nothing to do with PL.

But where's the evidence that it's linked to racism?

It could be a number of factors. Lack of ability, lack of ambition to become manager or coach etc. - the colour of their skin is irrelevant.

According to who?

The fact is that, currently, about a quarter of players in the Football League are black, but there are very, very few black managers. I'm not saying it's racism, necessarily, but statistics would suggest there ought to be a larger number of black managers. FOR SOME REASON, black players do not tend to go on to become coaches or managers.

A quarter now, and maybe we will see more in the future, but how many was there back 10-20 years ago, at the right age now to step in to management? And don't include foreign based as they possibly will fuk off back home or to another league where they've played before rather than just stay in a Country they played in for a couple of years.

Fact is there are more failed white British footballers out there who have the drive to go in to management than there is black, and maybe the former black players who have made it just find that chilling out living the dream off their well earned money is more appealing than the stress and strains of management?

I appreciate that there were fewer black players in the past, and that obviously has a bearing. But the younger managers in the game now come from an era when they had several black team-mates. If the percentages don't start to tally soon, I think it's only right to ask questions.

(I'm not saying it's racism, btw: there are many possibly explanations)

Like i said above, i think racism plays its part, unfortunately, but i think its down to a very small % but gets picked up on due to its heightened media attention and social impact, but yeah there are loads of other factors out there, and those need addressing before some dickhead cunt starts mouthing off he's hard done by coz he's black and not the fact he's a fuking shite manager.

Its probably just easier for Barnes to blame racism for his sacking than for him to admit he is a shite manager.

Until we find out how many black players want to be managers (and not how many former black players there are) compared to how many there actually are, we will never know it's down to racism or not.

AND even then as people have said there's loads of other factors to consider.  I'm sure there's probably a big correlation between being a former captain and becoming a manger and how many black captains are there now?

Brazil, one of the most multicultural nations on earth, has not got(or ever had, as far as I know) a black manager - you can bet your life that had a black guy like Pele proved to be a top class manager, they would have appointed him.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong – no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it – what the f*** is this supposed to prove?

They're even racist in Brazil so it's OK to be racist in the UK?

Them nig-nogs is too stupid to be managers?

Try engaging your brain before posting.

Try GETTING a brain before posting - I have seen some crap from you before( I distinctly remember you calling  Australia the arse side of the world when currently, more Brits than ever before are desperately trying to get into the place to escape the wonderful EU you so love, while the Aussie Dollar is going to be par with the Greenback before next April...then again, you probably didn't DO Geography when you were at school..).

DON'T put words into my mouth Mr Mandias - Are you suggesting I am racist ? If so, come out and identify yourself and put it to the test ; I hope you have the proof, because it could cost you big-time...

HAS THERE EVER BEEN A BLACK NATIONAL TEAM MANAGER IN BRAZIL ? That is what I was saying - YOU TELL ME WHO IT WAS if so ..? YOU prove it.

I won't have clowns like YOU accusing me of racism - people like you need putting in their place because you have a twisted agenda ; the days when the likes of you could throw accusations of racism around to keep people quiet are coming to an end and NOT before time.

IDIOT.

For all his talk about black managers not being given a chance.....he's surely had his last managerial job now. not becauce of race, but because he's shite!

people were mentioning it earlier - but does hughton class as black?? i personally don't think he does.

For all his talk about black managers not being given a chance.....he's surely had his last managerial job now. not becauce of race, but because he's shite!

people were mentioning it earlier - but does hughton class as black?? i personally don't think he does.

You'd need to go on that Stormforce forum where they've got a formula for working out who is and who is not black, or something.

Guest toonlass

Eh?  :idiot2:

What's Hughton's background? I'd never thought of him as a black man before this thread.

I guess he is mixed race.

I'd guess that. It's always interested me that someone with one black parent and one white parent so frequently gets called black. Why not call them white? If anything their skin's usually a light brown. Maybe I should head over to the stupid questions thread.

What's Hughton's background? I'd never thought of him as a black man before this thread.

I'd guess that. It's always interested me that someone with one black parent and one white parent so frequently gets called black. Why not call them white? If anything their skin's usually a light brown. Maybe I should head over to the stupid questions thread.

It's a complex issue. I don't think of a mixed race person as black, I just think of them as mixed race.

But then there are a million different shades of 'black' and 'white' anyway. Best just to think of them as the people they are I reckon, identity is a complicated thing. [/philosophy]

It's a complex issue. I don't think of a mixed race person as black, I just think of them as mixed race.

But then there are a million different shades of 'black' and 'white' anyway. Best just to think of them as the people they are I reckon, identity is a complicated thing. [/philosophy]

To take it to extremes...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-drop_rule

Guest toonlass

Beige?

Guest Heneage

Is this not just the situation Roy Keane has at Ipswich. A former player used to playing at a really high level along side professionals who are of a similar standard if not better, they take a management position and try to implement the tactics they were taught at their respective club be it Liverpool or Man United. The problem being that the players they are managing are nowhere near that level, or the League doesn't really allow for pass and movement etc.

Is this not just the situation Roy Keane has at Ipswich. A former player used to playing at a really high level along side professionals who are of a similar standard if not better, they take a management position and try to implement the tactics they were taught at their respective club be it Liverpool or Man United. The problem being that the players they are managing are nowhere near that level, or the League doesn't really allow for pass and movement etc.

Hard to tell. They might just be shite.

Guest Heneage

The thing Barnes has going against him is his ill-fated time at Celtic. At least Keane has had a modicum of success.

Brazil, one of the most multicultural nations on earth, has not got(or ever had, as far as I know) a black manager - you can bet your life that had a black guy like Pele proved to be a top class manager, they would have appointed him.

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

He didn't say there were no black club managers in Brazil. Also, it seems to read pretty obviously that he's saying had there been a top class black manager in Brazil they'd have appointed him. The point is that there haven't been any black managers coming through that are good enough. Whether you agree with that point is a different matter, you've completely misrepresented his post though.

Well, the discussion was about club managers here, so if he's not saying that there are none in Brazil then his "argument" is extra irrelevant. There might be loads, no?

Apart from the fact that you're almost certainly wrong – no black club managers in Brazil? Prove it – what the fuck is this supposed to prove?

He didn't say there were no black club managers in Brazil. Also, it seems to read pretty obviously that he's saying had there been a top class black manager in Brazil they'd have appointed him. The point is that there haven't been any black managers coming through that are good enough. Whether you agree with that point is a different matter, you've completely misrepresented his post though.

Spot on.

Barnes proves anyone can get work wether they're White, Black, Purple or have three heads.

He's no manager, never mind a good one. Just an ex-footballer and part time rapper.