Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

we didn't have the money to provide what he wanted,he walked.

why couldn't he cut his cloth like the every other manager has to ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

come on you understand this.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Praise the lord, sense at last.

What's Keegan done he should be slagged off for though?

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Newcastle, had to be persuaded to return

- Walked out on Newcastle again

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

- Walked out on Manchester City

- Walked out on Newcastle again.

Regardless of what he has achieved, we can't just ignore the above.

Bobby Robson -

Sacked at Fulham

Sacked at Barcelona

Sacked at Newcastle

Regardless, still one of the greatest.

Sacked at Sporting Lisbon

Sacked at PSV

Do you cretins know the difference between walking out on a club and getting sacked by one?

well if we get taken over and he is re-appointed as i expect, and we get a class attacking team together again,. they will look a right bunch of twats.

hows that ?

how,-- gratuitous indulging in Keegan bashing, then  he returns , we are good,= they are twats.

it doesn't matter who the person is i'll slag them off when they do something to be slagged off for and applaud accordingly when they deserve it.

i'll not defend someone to the hilt without evidence especially if i know they have previous.

Yeah, yeah he should've stayed with a lopsided squad when his pleas were going unheard.

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

Bobby Robson -

Sacked at Fulham

Sacked at Barcelona

Sacked at Newcastle

Regardless, still one of the greatest.

Sacked at Sporting Lisbon

Sacked at PSV

Do you cretins know the difference between walking out on a club and getting sacked by one?

what's your point? If you're looking for an arugment, I was just correcting Hobs, who to be honest makes a perfectly good point.

Ronaldo show the post in full where you and hobs talk about Bobby getting sacked as if it's in any way relevant to Keegan's habit of walking out on clubs.

Or continue to look dishonest if you prefer.

Ronaldo show the post in full where you and hobs talk about Bobby getting sacked as if it's in any way relevant to Keegan's habit of walking out on clubs.

I think you're confused mate, or pissed. I wasn't trying to convey any point here. I was simply correcting Hobbs who'd forgotten to include Robson's PSV and Sporting dismissals

dishonest, shut-up man  :lol:

what he did wrong in sept was pick the worse possible timing.

:facepalm:

Keegan couldn't possibly know Ashley would use the excuse to put the club openly on the market and appoint the only manager he could find that would work on a rolling monthly contract, but saying this with the hindsight of this Summer, how on earth can you say Keegan leaving during the last transfer window would have made the situation better.

If he had left during the Summer, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "not giving the system a chance" and "ruining any chance of getting players in". "The system" was the bees knees last Summer remember.

If he had left later in the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "leaving in the middle of the season when it was too late to get new players in January/turn things around".

If he had left at the end of the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "if he wasn't happy with the players he got why didn't he leave last year".

He left after giving them a chance to prove their system could work and at a time when it wouldn't interfere with their transfer dealings, but with a full season to get a new coach in who would work within the system's restrictions. If anything he left at the least damaging time.

if he had left 2 or 3 weeks prior to the window shutting and was honest enough to say he couldn't work under those conditions but was leaving in time to give the club a chance to get players they wanted would seem fair enough.

also the sysytem as we knew it last summer heavily involved keegan beacuse he told us so.

I think you're confused mate, or pissed. I wasn't trying to convey any point here. I was simply correcting Hobbs who'd forgotten to include Robson's PSV and Sporting dismissals

dishonest, shut-up man  :lol:

You might as well stick his clubs he played for in aswell then, that has as much relevance as anything else you've typed.

And the dishonesty bit comes from cleverly editing a post in reply to me, rather a transparent tactic

Keegan couldn't possibly know Ashley would use the excuse to put the club openly on the market and appoint the only manager he could find that would work on a rolling monthly contract, but saying this with the hindsight of this Summer, how on earth can you say Keegan leaving during the last transfer window would have made the situation better.

If he had left during the Summer, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "not giving the system a chance" and "ruining any chance of getting players in". "The system" was the bees knees last Summer remember.

If he had left later in the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "leaving in the middle of the season when it was too late to get new players in January/turn things around".

If he had left at the end of the season, I 100% guarantee he would have been criticised for "if he wasn't happy with the players he got why didn't he leave last year".

He left after giving them a chance to prove their system could work and at a time when it wouldn't interfere with their transfer dealings, but with a full season to get a new coach in who would work within the system's restrictions. If anything he left at the least damaging time.

if he had left 2 or 3 weeks prior to the window shutting and was honest enough to say he couldn't work under those conditions but was leaving in time to give the club a chance to get players they wanted would seem fair enough.

It would give the club a chance to get the players they wanted?  They were already buying the players they wanted, this was the problem.

It would give the club a chance to get the players they wanted?  They were already buying the players they wanted, this was the problem.

thats the whole point. why were they doing it ? even within the DoF systems in spain the coach will most often be consulted on players to come and go. was keegan asking the earth ? lets have him and llambias in court under oath to see who was wanted by keegan and who was wanted by wise ?

also the sysytem as we knew it last summer heavily involved keegan beacuse he told us so.

Yes, I'm sure leaving a week or couple of days before the season started would have attracted no criticism whatsoever.  :doh:

How exactly would that have made the slightest bit of difference though, apart from meaning we were relegated a bit earlier due to not picking up those early points? Milner would still have been sold, but maybe Xisco would not have come in? I refer you back to option 1 of how he (and any supporters who dared to raise an eyebrow at his leaving) would have been blamed for ruining the transfer of all the great signings like Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Sahin, Gomez, Pandev, Garay, Veloso, Digard, Chamakh, Skjelbred and many more :cheesy: the system had lined up to come in, because they wouldn't join a club up for sale with no manager. 

What do you expect him to say publicly if he's trying to make it work? I'm sure he was involved in some way, but not to the extent he should have been. He's not very good at hiding his feelings though and there were numerous occasions when it was obvious he didn't have clue what was going on with transfers and was not happy. (Even Louise Taylor knew, and people still haven't forgiven her for being the messenger).

Yes, I'm sure leaving a week or couple of days before the season started would have attracted no criticism whatsoever.  :doh:

How exactly would that have made the slightest bit of difference though, apart from meaning we were relegated a bit earlier due to not picking up those early points? Milner would still have been sold, but maybe Xisco would not have come in? I refer you back to option 1 of how he (and any supporters who dared to raise an eyebrow at his leaving) would have been blamed for ruining the transfer of all the great signings like Gomis, Arda, Derdiyok, Sahin, Gomez, Pandev, Garay, Veloso, Digard, Chamakh, Skjelbred and many more :cheesy: the system had lined up to come in, because they wouldn't join a club up for sale with no manager.  

What do you expect him to say publicly if he's trying to make it work? I'm sure he was involved in some way, but not to the extent he should have been. He's not very good at hiding his feelings though and there were numerous occasions when it was obvious he didn't have clue what was going on with transfers and was not happy. (Even Louise Taylor knew, and people still haven't forgiven her for being the messenger).

it wouldn't have attracted criticism if he had spoke up. however his timing of departure means that even that reason is weakened and could be made out to be timed to spite.

you are right about hius feelings and he hasn't seemed the same since england. ever since then i get the feeling we are looking more and more ata facade.

Keegan obviously taught Lee Clark everything he knows about closing a game out.

LOL, further proof people weren't just annoyed at Keegan leaving but actually hate the man.

This is embarrassing.  :lol:

LOL, further proof people weren't just annoyed at Keegan leaving but actually hate the man.

doubt you'll find anyone on here hates him.

why do you think he is above a gentle ribbing as above ?

I'm not bothered about jokes etc. but most the 'jokes' on here seem to be sly digs, that you'd expect for opposing players/managers.

If it was just a joke then fair enough.

I'm not bothered about jokes etc. but most the 'jokes' on here seem to be sly digs, that you'd expect for opposing players/managers.

If it was just a joke then fair enough.

even a sly dig is hardly hate is it ?

Guest The Libertine
keegan is like Marmite you either love him or hate him.

i cant remember ever seeing one genuinely hateful post towards keegan. if you stick your head up from the trench you'll see that no mans land is actually quite popular.

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

Bloody hell, 'we cant just ignore the above'. He was at Man City for about 4yrs? His contract wasnt going to be renewed and things went flat, so club & Keegan both agreed to part company a few months before that. The club wasnt renewing his contract which was running out in a number of months time.

Yet you put on 'walked out on Manchester City' to use as something against him.

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

Bloody hell, 'we cant just ignore the above'. He was at Man City for about 4yrs? His contract wasnt going to be renewed and things went flat, so club & Keegan both agreed to part company a few months before that. The club wasnt renewing his contract which was running out in a number of months time.

according to him his contract was going to be renewed but they wanted him to sign a longer one than he wanted. he said no so they said they would let him go at the end of his then it was mutually agreed he'd leave as he was a lame duck in that situation.

he walked on fulham ?  he left to take over the national managers job. that can hardly be described as walking away.

he walked on fulham ?   he left to take over the national managers job. that can hardly be described as walking away.

Didnt he say just before hand though something like "I will not be leaving for England".

From a PR perspective, doing that didnt do him any favours

hows that ?

- Walked out on Fulham

- Walked out on England

according to him his contract was going to be renewed but they wanted him to sign a longer one than he wanted. he said no so they said they would let him go at the end of his then it was mutually agreed he'd leave as he was a lame duck in that situation.

he walked on fulham ?   he left to take over the national managers job. that can hardly be described as walking away.

Well you can when your trying to use something against him. Its just sad, obviously thers nowt wrong with questioning things like "should he have agreed to come with a DOF?", "maybe he could have fought things out in public", etc, and I understand those question marks against him.