Keegan's Latest Return To Football

Skirge

Love how people just spout emotional bollocks then people line up to 'love the post'.

"People were ripping the piss out of him behind his back"? On what basis is this statement made?

"Players were being signed behind his back"? Thought everyone had been telling me that Bassong, Guthrie etc were his signings and he approved Jonas, Colo etc. A big thing has been made of how Bassong was Keegan's signing.

"People were appointed above his head"? He is on record saying he knew about Dennis Wise before he joined and was fine by that.

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a f***ing left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a f***ing great post, even if every single point made in it is s***.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of f***ing story.

He knew about Wise but it is on record that KK would have the final say on who would come and who would go. He didn't and Ashley backed Wise.

What followed was inevitable.

I always wondered about the whole "final say" thing.

Was it that Wise would produce a bunch of realistic options for the position we were targeting and Keegan would then have the final say?

Or

Was it that Keegan would decide on exactly who he wanted and request that player even if the player wasn't necessarily a realistic option?

Somewhere in the midst of these two scenarios lies the problem I think.

There's some real bairns on here who think it's cool to criticise people who have done more for this club than you could dare imagine.

Keegan knew what was wrong and tried to do something about it - the powers that be ignored him and this is where we've ended up. What he said was right, what he predicted came true and yet the mongs still have a pop.

I bet the same people were those booing Robson and those who hero-worship Nile Ranger.

Grow up man.

I don't think the 'bairns' on here can remember him walking away 3 times.

Was it that Wise would produce a bunch of realistic options for the position we were targeting and Keegan would then have the final say?

Or

Was it that Keegan would decide on exactly who he wanted and request that player even if the player wasn't necessarily a realistic option?

Wise's role was to bring in 3 or 4 young players each year. By the time KK left he had no say at all on who the targets would be or who would be sold.

Love how people just spout emotional bollocks then people line up to 'love the post'.

"People were ripping the piss out of him behind his back"? On what basis is this statement made?

"Players were being signed behind his back"? Thought everyone had been telling me that Bassong, Guthrie etc were his signings and he approved Jonas, Colo etc. A big thing has been made of how Bassong was Keegan's signing.

"People were appointed above his head"? He is on record saying he knew about Dennis Wise before he joined and was fine by that.

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a fucking left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a fucking great post, even if every single point made in it is shit.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of fucking story.

Go back and read the so-called interview with Ashley from after Keegan was appointed.

"Keegan is the man in charge, he has the final say, he names his targets we buy him" etc etc

Now tell me if that was true?

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a fucking left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a fucking great post, even if every single point made in it is shit.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of fucking story.

Go back and read the so-called interview with Ashley from after Keegan was appointed.

"Keegan is the man in charge, he has the final say, he names his targets we buy him" etc etc

I was wondering when this debate was going to appear on the forum.

"He wanted players in positions that he couldnt get"? :lol: Aye, it was a f***ing left-back if you remember because he didnt rate Enrique, the best player on our books for some.

But aye, thats a f***ing great post, even if every single point made in it is s***.

He left because of club politics and because once there was a dispute between Keegan and Wise, Ashley left the decision to Lambias. End of f***ing story.

what if (and this is just an if mind) he names his targets and ashley says "we cant afford it" and keegan says "i want him and him alone for that position" ?

Yes, yes it was.

I was wondering when this debate was going to reappear on the forum.

Fixed.

Guest The Libertine

Or

there is quotes to suggest there is truth in this. plus THAT article that we arent allowed to believe.

Guest Roger Kint

Or

there is quotes to suggest there is truth in this. plus THAT article that we arent allowed to believe.

The Beckham/Lampard/Henry one from some bloke ITK in defence of Ashley?

I think Keegan had the crazy idea that there should be two LBs at the club.  :undecided:

And anyway, he played Enrique at LB for the majority of his game during his tenure.

Guest The Libertine

Or

The Beckham/Lampard/Henry one from some bloke ITK in defence of Ashley?

probably the same bloke who wrote that awful, awful stuff about keegan's debt.

Or

Eh?  :lol:  The articles saying he wanted unrealistic players also mentioned Henry, who Keegan said was he dream player if he could have any player in the world.

At least the media didn't twist his quote eh?

Guest The Libertine

Or

Eh?  :lol:  The articles saying he wanted unrealistic players also mentioned Henry, who Keegan said was he dream player if he could have any player in the world.

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people," Keegan added. "It would be nice to break a world record. Why rule it out. I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

''Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer. If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction.

hard to twist really.

Keegan is the most sucessful manager in the clubs history in terms of win%...perhaps his doubters prefer to watch us lose? its very odd.

not at all,just some could see when the magic began to wear off. much as it did with clough at forest, reid at the mackems to a leeser extent, robson here.

Keegan is the most sucessful manager in the clubs history in terms of win%...perhaps his doubters prefer to watch us lose? its very odd.

Yeah, that feeling of relegation last season just filled me with delight. Celebrated for weeks.

Or

"I'd like to do what we did last time and surprise people," Keegan added. "It would be nice to break a world record. Why rule it out. I'd like to bring players here that amaze people and we stop just talking about being a big club - but, with our actions, we show that we are.

''Sometimes people limit themselves by saying, 'we can't do that'. You say 'why not?' and they don't give you an answer. If we can get this club going in the right direction we have the owner who will find us the money for these players. You start by building up trust with the people who provide the finance that you can find these players at the right price. It's easy to get players to a club once it's flying in the right direction.

hard to twist really.

That was when he first joined, no?  Then after the Chelsea game: 'I haven't got enough money to break the top 4.'  Yeah, he definitely thought we'd get Lampard.

not at all,just some could see when the magic began to wear off. much as it did with clough at forest, reid at the mackems to a leeser extent, robson here.

or feguson at Manchester United,

in a nutshell for you.

in a nutshell for you.

clough at forest is the perfect rejoinder.

i'm soory if you didn't see a massivly different keegan second time round. many did.

Guest The Libertine

Or

hard to twist really.

That was when he first joined, no?  Then after the Chelsea game: 'I haven't got enough money to break the top 4.'  Yeah, he definitely thought we'd get Lampard.

see the second bolded quote.

"give me loads of money m8"

"we dont have any"

"oh ffs"

in a nutshell for you.

clough at forest is the perfect rejoinder.

i'm soory if you didn't see a massivly different keegan second time round. many did.

of course i saw a difference, i also saw a bloke with more experience, and saw us draw 1-1 at old trafford, thanks to Ashley+ wise  were not even allowed there this season.

Or

hard to twist really.

see the second bolded quote.

"give me loads of money m8"

"we dont have any"

"oh ffs"

So he likely promised money to spend when he joined.  Told the press we might make big signings.  Finds out no money available.  Tells the press.  

Where's the problem?

After the Chelsea game he wasn't demanding Lampard, Henry etc.  if he ever was in the first place.