La Liga 09/10

Mr. Snrub

I thought Alcorcon had already been drawn against Barcelona?  :undecided:  Sure I read that somewhere.

Mental draw though, gonna be a one sided final.

Edit- I read the table wrong and its not as bad as I thought, I thought it would be one team from the left and one from the right.

I thought Alcorcon had already been drawn against Barcelona?  :undecided:  Sure I read that somewhere.

Mental draw though, gonna be a one sided final.

Edit- I read the table wrong and its not as bad as I thought, I thought it would be one team from the left and one from the right.

Anything can happen in a knockout competition, but yes, whoever emerges from the Barça/Sevilla/Valencia corner of the bracket will be big favorite to win the whole thing.

Guest Heneage

VI you'll know better than me, who's the Spanish woman who I believe works in TV but has worked for Madrid, she claimed to have had sex with loads of the first team, often when they arrived at the club?

VI you'll know better than me, who's the Spanish woman who I believe works in TV but has worked for Madrid, she claimed to have had sex with loads of the first team, often when they arrived at the club?

The infamous Núria Bermúdez, current wife of Dani Güiza. She claims to have fucked from Guti to Beckham, yes. She was sort of a trash celeb in Spain a few years ago (now she's a football agent, with FIFA license and all).

Guest Heneage

The infamous Núria Bermúdez, current wife of Dani Güiza. She claims to have f***ed from Guti to Beckham, yes. She was sort of a trash celeb in Spain a few years ago (now she's a football agent, with FIFA license and all).

That's her! A Spanish friend was telling me about her, surely no one believes she's shagged Beckham et al?

Cronaldo, too.

I don't follow this kind of celeb crap, so I really don't know how ridiculous/credible her statements are. She really isn't that hot, so I assume if you're Beckham and what to cheat on posh spice, you could choose way better. Same with Cronaldo.

It has surfaced that the Spanish FA is investigating several footballers for betting in games they were involved in. No names or games have been revealed yet.

Teams and clubs have been named. Nobody in the first division (Zaragoza was in the second when this happened). Several of them are GKs, Grobelaar-tastic.

Rayo Vallecano,

UD Las Palmas

López Vallejo (Zaragoza)

Mario (Córdoba and Alcorcón)

Ceballos (Córdoba)

Piti (Rayo)

Monty (Gramanet)

Lucha (Amposta)

J. Suárez (Ejea y Granada)

No word on possible punishments yet.

La Liga will meet this Friday to decide if they go ahead with their threat of stopping the competition after meeting with the Spanish government regarding their several demands (keep the current foreign player tax system, tax reduction for ticket sales, fee for radio broadcasting, etc...)

They pretty much have only until January 1st to get concessions, when the government will enact their new tax and sport laws. Don't think they have time to exert any meaningful pressure.

If the government passes its current tax law project unamended, any January signing wouldn't benefit from the current tax benefits (24% tax instead of 43% for foreign players). Contracts currently in effect would be grandfathered for 5 years.