Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

Ronaldo, no, I didnt see the game but didnt he play at right back? Also, we had 4 untried kids out there as well against a resonably difficult team.

my own opinion is that Chopra would be better handled by a more mobile defender and I fear neither Taylor nor Collicini has the pace or turning ability to counter Chopra's threat. Simpson did well against Leicester but I think for this game, we need someone more mobile at the back in the centre to counter their major threat.

Ronaldo, no, I didnt see the game but didnt he play at right back? Also, we had 4 untried kids out there as well against a resonably difficult team.

my own opinion is that Chopra would be better handled by a more mobile defender and I fear neither Taylor nor Collicini has the pace or turning ability to counter Chopra's threat. Simpson did well against Leicester but I think for this game, we need someone more mobile at the back in the centre to counter their major threat.

Chopra will anihilate Simpson man, pace is nowt to do with it. Chopra will be thwarted by intelligence

Chopra will anihilate Simpson man, pace is nowt to do with it. Chopra will be thwarted by intelligence

Your statement makes no sense.  Our defense is Premiership quality, Chopra is not, this is why we've conceded so few goals this season as most players they've come up against are not premiership quality.

Guest Roger Kint

Your statement makes no sense.  Our defense is Premiership quality, Chopra is not, this is why we've conceded so few goals this season as most players they've come up against are not premiership quality.

Simpson out of position at CB is not Premiership quality. Hence Ronaldo saying we should play Colo, why does that not make sense to you? :kasper:

How on earth is the part in bold relevant? Simpson has only played CB in 2 games

we conceded 3 against League 1 opposition when we had Simpson at CB. It wasn't entirely Krul's fault

Coloccini has to return, is all i'm saying

How on earth is the part in bold relevant? Simpson has only played CB in 2 games

we conceded 3 against League 1 opposition when we had Simpson at CB. It wasn't entirely Krul's fault

Coloccini has to return, is all i'm saying

Will he be back in time after internationals?

Simpson out of position at CB is not Premiership quality. Hence Ronaldo saying we should play Colo, why does that not make sense to you? :kasper:

No I realise that but colo is, the part of his statemnet I didnt under stand was this.

Chopra will be thwarted by intelligence

His own intelligience?  It has held him back in the past, not the sharpest tool in the drawer.

:thup:

:thup:

Read my above post as its irrelevant whether Simpson is good at cb as he will start colo and also why he's brining in Leon Cort.

The fact Argentina's defence were gash for the last two matches might just help to push Coloccini up a notch in terms of performances because there's a place in that side up for grabs if he plays well.

I think he's been canny this season tbf, I think if we go up I'd give him another shot in the prem.  Look how long its taken Enrique to come good.  Last season was his first in england which will always be difficult for a latin defender, we had loads of bollocks going on, Joe Kinnear was trying to explain the english game to him.  May as well give him a shot if we go up, no point in wasting 10 million quid.

The fact Argentina's defence were gash for the last two matches might just help to push Coloccini up a notch in terms of performances because there's a place in that side up for grabs if he plays well.

I think he's been canny this season tbf, I think if we go up I'd give him another shot in the prem.  Look how long its taken Enrique to come good.  Last season was his first in england which will always be difficult for a latin defender, we had loads of bollocks going on, Joe Kinnear was trying to explain the english game to him.  May as well give him a shot if we go up, no point in wasting 10 million quid.

I always thought Enrique got an undeserved tough ride from people and has looked good ever since we bought him.

Chopra has proved over a long time that he is a very good championship striker. Danny Simpson has played 2 games at CB against League 1 and championship opposition. TWO games, looking completely out of his depth in one.  :doh:

I'm not talking about that you idiot, I'm saying you're statement makes no sense.

Chopra will be thwarted by intelligence.

Do you know what Thwarted means?

Guest Roger Kint

Colo has a lot of experience, he has played against all types of striker and is far more equipped to win a battle of intelligent running than Simpson who as a natural RB will not be used to a player dropping off and varying his runs like they do with more space in the central areas. This is why his intelligence will be a far better shout than Simpsons pace. Ronaldo probably didnt explain it as its pretty obvious that Simpson is more like to be given a harder time due to lack of experience/intelligence tbh