Cardiff City vs Newcastle United 13/9/09 Pre Match Thread - 2:05 KO, live on Sky

LiquidAK

We just didn't create any chances for him against Leicester - he certainly didn't miss any chances

we've had other forwards who got slagged off cos they didn't make any chances for themselves.

When playing up front on their own on their full debut?

You should look at the comments about Oba's debut in the exact same circumstance. We seem to expect a lot at his club.

What was his debut Villa away?  I was there and I don't think he was playing up front on his own. Neither was he 19 and he had just cost 10 million quid. 

In no way are the 2 situtaions comparable - except that we beat Leicester and Nile didn't get a dead leg

What was his debut Villa away? I was there and I don't think he was playing up front on his own. Neither was he 19.

He was by himself because we literally had no other senior strikers at the time as Shola was injured and Owen was still recovering from tearing his leg up in Germany. He wasn't 19 of course, but it was still his first game in English football. Really, when I saw your post, it just reminded me of Oba's first match here. He got some vitriol, but most people were sensible for the same reasons. Ranger is only 18 btw.

We just didn't create any chances for him against Leicester - he certainly didn't miss any chances

we've had other forwards who got slagged off cos they didn't make any chances for themselves.

played up front on his own ? seems like he got plenty of support (if he got no support how was his awareness to lay balls off being so hyped). he had a decent game. now to get worked up over. reminiscent of carroll and the end of last season in those couple of home games he played when he actually looked a decent touch player.

What was his debut Villa away?  I was there and I don't think he was playing up front on his own. Neither was he 19. 

He was by himself because we literally had no other senior strikers at the time as Shola was injured and Owen was still recovering from tearing his leg up in Germany. He wasn't 19 of course, but it was still his first game in English football. Really, when I saw your post, it just reminded me of Oba's first match here. He got some vitriol, but most people were sensible for the same reasons. Ranger is only 18 btw.

Luque played up front in the second half (not having checked this on google - honest)  Anyway sounds like we agree.  Ranger did good

played up front on his own ? seems like he got plenty of support (if he got no support how was his awareness to lay balls off being so hyped). he had a decent game. now to get worked up over. reminiscent of carroll and the end of last season in those couple of home games he played when he actually looked a decent touch player.

He did lots of support, from midfield, but we had no other strikers on the pitch.  It was a 4-5-1 wasn't it?  I was encouraged heartily by his display in difficult circumstances

He did lots of support, from midfield, but we had no other strikers on the pitch.  It was a 4-5-1 wasn't it?  I was encouraged heartily by his display in difficult circumstances

on paper it was a 4-5-1 but it really means little. at times nolan pushed right up so did that make it 4-4-2. ? sometimes guthrie pulled right in...was that 4-3-1-2 ? the point is he was very rarely left isolated.

on paper it was a 4-5-1 but it really means little. at times nolan pushed right up so did that make it 4-4-2. ? sometimes guthrie pulled right in...was that 4-3-1-2 ? the point is he was very rarely left isolated.

He's been criticised on here for leaving his station and dropping too deep or pulling out to the flanks. 

So maybe he went and found the support. The bottom line is he did well non?  we'd better hope so as it looks increasingly like the same line up on Sunday in attacking terms.

He's been criticised on here for leaving his station and dropping too deep or pulling out to the flanks. 

So maybe he went and found the support. The bottom line is he did well non?  we'd better hope so as it looks increasingly like the same line up on Sunday in attacking terms.

he done well yes. aswell as carroll did on a couple of occasions last season.

oh to me he didn't go to find the support,it was very much the pther way round.

he done well yes. aswell as carroll did on a couple of occasions last season.

oh to me he didn't go to find the support,it was very much the pther way round.

I agree on all counts as it happens.  Carroll is a beast in the air I'm gutted he's not fit for Sunday.

I hope Ranger continues where he left off against Leicester, he was definitely getting a lot more confident as the game wore on.

Aye, shame he looks like he's been taking shooting lessons from Jonas. I just wish he'd pluck up the courage to have efforts on goal, he's probably got a sweet shot.

Howay man, give the lad a break. He is a bairn, he is just starting out and his confidence will come. Let him play and see what happens. He scored for England midweek which will have helped him.

I said I wish he'd have more of a pop at goal as he looks quite unconfident in such atm. I was hardly writing him off ffs.

I hope Ranger continues where he left off against Leicester, he was definitely getting a lot more confident as the game wore on.

Aye, shame he looks like he's been taking shooting lessons from Jonas. I just wish he'd pluck up the courage to have efforts on goal, he's probably got a sweet shot.

On the same line of thought. I wish you'd pluck up the courage to talk about something other than Nile rangers shooting abilities.

Guest Roger Kint

Its been known for long enough that Ranger would be our only fully fit attacking player for this game. Seriously man where is the loan players to help him? Incompetent tossers had to rush through a signing this week yet all we get is a half arsed Leon Cort article which is probably as bollocks as the Vaughan(not fit for the record) and Cathcart crap, Pompey signed 47 players last Monday yet we cant locate ONE fucking loan striker in over 2 weeks? :angry:

On the same line of thought. I wish you'd pluck up the courage to talk about something other than Nile rangers shooting abilities.

Aye, sorry I mentioned it ONCE like :lol:

Aye, sorry I mentioned it ONCE like :lol:

How funny that i would think i could judge your attitude on something, based on only one or two instances.

Who would do that eh  :idiot2:

Anyway, back to Nile ranger being to scared to shoot.