Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Roger Kint

Koumas is a good footballer who has passing, goals and running in his game especially in this league, who would you suggest?

Oh and youtube jokes? Original O0

Koumas is a good footballer who has passing, goals and running in his game especially in this league, who would you suggest?

With our slow CM's than someone who is at least mobile is what I am looking for. Koumas running?!?! he was never that quick at Tranmere so now he has turned 30 he must be even slower.

Guest Roger Kint

With our slow CM's than someone who is at least mobile is what I am looking for. Koumas running?!?! he was never that quick at Tranmere so now he has turned 30 he must be even slower.

So you base this on 7 years ago before he played regular Premier League football? Well with such an up to date analysis how can i argue? Oh yeah Linford Christie might argue your bit in bold too.......

Basically you cant think of better?

So you base this on 7 years ago before he played regular Premier League football? Well with such an up to date analysis how can i argue? Oh yeah Linford Christie might argue your bit in bold too.......

Basically you cant think of better?

Aye thats it you Kint!!! Get a grip man I have saw him since then although it is hard at times as he anonymous in most games. As for comparing a footballer who never had pace with a chap who trained as  a sprinter & may have taken the odd special pill is a bit bizarre.

There are lots of players better than Jase but now we have signed a winger, I would rather Guthrie given a crack in the middle before JK, I would give Barton his 500th+ chance when he is fit later in these season.

Guest Roger Kint

Get a grip? Your example was 7 years ago was it not? Hardly my fault you used it instead of using a recent memory of him.

The example of Christie was to show how training can improve(or at least maintain) a persons ability after 30 which you claim MUST slow him down. Again sorry of thats too bizarre for you, its fairly simple though to anyone else i am sure. At no point did i compare their pace, pathetic attempt by you that.

All this was an attempt to suggest players who would help us, he would be a good addition imo clearly you know better so i will leave it.

On the subject of WHY:

Leeds know they will lose Beckford in the summer. He wants to play premiership football and will be unable to do that at Leeds next season. They are scoring goals for fun at present and Beckford is only one of many regular scorers in their team. His head could be turned by the fsct we are top of the championship, a big club and much bigger than the alleged current PL teams looking at him, ie Bolton and Wigan.

Same applies to Driver. We are a much bigger attraction than Hearts in a mickey mouse league.

Campbell could be invaluable as a leader on and off the park in coaching the younger players such as Kadar and Taylor as a defensive coach plus there is already the Spurs connection with Hughton and Calderwood.

Koumas is a creative midfielder who can dribble, pass and acrore goals from midfield. We are not exactly over loaded with creative midfielders and I am still not convinced of the quality of Guthrie who I feel is too inconsistent and gives the ball away too much. Koumas also has a lot of experience in this league having helped WBA get promoted and whenever I have seen him play, he has always been a socal point of the midfield, continually wanting the ball and probing for gaps.

On the subject of WHY:

Leeds know they will lose Beckford in the summer. He wants to play premiership football and will be unable to do that at Leeds next season. They are scoring goals for fun at present and Beckford is only one of many regular scorers in their team. His head could be turned by the fsct we are top of the championship, a big club and much bigger than the alleged current PL teams looking at him, ie Bolton and Wigan.

Same applies to Driver. We are a much bigger attraction than Hearts in a mickey mouse league.

Campbell could be invaluable as a leader on and off the park in coaching the younger players such as Kadar and Taylor as a defensive coach plus there is already the Spurs connection with Hughton and Calderwood.

Koumas is a creative midfielder who can dribble, pass and acrore goals from midfield. We are not exactly over loaded with creative midfielders and I am still not convinced of the quality of Guthrie who I feel is too inconsistent and gives the ball away too much. Koumas also has a lot of experience in this league having helped WBA get promoted and whenever I have seen him play, he has always been a socal point of the midfield, continually wanting the ball and probing for gaps.

He he he. 

Beckford  - Leeds want promotion they are not going to sell unless people offer stupid money for a player out of contract next summer & that wont be us. They didn't entertain anyone who made enquires in the summer so I cant see them changing there stance

Driver - Hearts may sell but they are not going to loan hime out as you said.

Campbell - Our coaching team already has 2 x-defenders on it. Would not mind him as player but a coach errrrrrr no thanks.

Koumas - I am not convinced on Guthrie either but this is the year to test him rather than sign a player who apart from the odd flash at WBA & Wigan has failed at PL level. If we get anymore loan signings in they need to be players we may sign if we get promoted. Like I said DG & JB need games in the middle of the park for us more than any loan signing.

On the subject of WHY:

He he he. 

No?

Just me then.....

Guest Roger Kint

Final say on this:

Failed at PL level? What relevance is that at all?

WE ARENT PLAYING AT THAT LEVEL. IN FACT ALMOST OUR ENTIRE SQUAD FAILED AT THAT LEVEL LAST YEAR YET YOU WANT THEM TO HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE NOW!!!

Koumas - Championship stats

06/07 - 36 starts 9 goals 10 assists

05/06 - 41 starts 12 goals 10 assists

Leeds still need money and there is no evidence at all that they turned down any bids for Beckford during the summer. That is heresay. Furthermore, at that level with his contract running down and the player expressing the desire to leave, then they may not have an optioin in the end run. Player power exists, as we well know to our own cost.

Noone has tested the water for Driver. We will not know if we dont try plus Hearts are in a similar position to Leeds where any revenue would be gratefully accepted. A deal of a loan fee in january with a permanent transfer in the summer may be the way to go here.

My view on Campbell was more a way of supplementing his playing salary by giving him the opportunity to coach our young defenders. Who better to learn from than a former England international with 80 odd caps behind him. The added bonus of having his experience and leadership qualities in this inferior league can only be a bonus to the club in achieing promotion.

As I said regarding Koumas, he has the experience of getting out of this division and is the creative midfield player we are craving. Guthrie does not have that consistent attribute although a fully fit Barton, playing in the centre might.

I said enquries tbf but a quick look google & Grayson did say in the summer "We want to keep him and we have turned down bids for him already.". They need promotion more than a few million man FFS. Player power is rife with millionaires not as much in the lower leagues. Also what is Leeds debt problem like these days?

They are not going to loan Driver out. Driver no pre-season, missed the start of the season, currently out for up to 4 weeks & his knee may be as fucked as Owen Hargreaves..........sounds a belter lets get him in.  He was decent last year for Hearts & he did okayish when he played for England but in his current disrepair status lets stay clear.

Campbell - Total tin foil hat thinking or one to many nights on FM2010

Koumas - You have read too many of our players & CH quotes with "this division" bollocks. We are top of the league with a lot of players who have not played in "this division" before or it has been a while since they have. Rather save the on loan fee & paying him & use the money next summer.  Guthrie is joint third for assists in "this division" with 6 which is rather good return from someone who has been a bit in & out of the side. Koumas in his last season in "this division" got 10 assists & I am guessing he would of been a regular starter when fit & played in favoured positions as well.

Spence

I am not a kid, mate and therefore have better things to do in my life than play kids games like FM whatever it is.

If Driver etc is injured, then obviously signing him is not on. However, if he is recovering, he is just the type of quality wide man we need. He is quick and has a great left foot plus, he can cross an accurate ball and scores goals. Would link up well with Enrique and Jonas can be moved to the right.

Koumas would be a stop gap only. His quality in passing is what we need but once up to the PL, we would be looking for better players, if money was available.

Whether Leeds received bids for Beckford or not last summer, is matterless. He is still there, his contract is running down and he is free to sign a pre contract agreement for anyone on January 1. Leeds do still have money problems and I believe they will get promoted regardless of whether they let Beckford go or not. They have a lot of quality but they know he is basically gone. Common sense says accept what they can get for him.

Your comments about Campbell were both niave and disrespectful. The majority on here would love to see him at the club on a short term playing contract .

tmonkey

Possibly from the point of view that from our central midfielders:

Smith - Defensive

Butt - Defensive and on his way out

Geremi - Defensive and on his way out

Nolan - Attacking but non creative

Guthrie - Attacking, sometimes creative but inconsistent

Barton - Injury prone with attitude problem

Clear lack of creativity within our central areas. Koumas would certainly fit the bill, in the short term at least.