Realistic Transfer Targets January 2010

Howaythelads

Guest Roger Kint

NOTW says we might bid for Tom Cleverley

Which proves the pure shiteness of the NOTW - because he's extended his loan at Watford till the end of the season.

It says that but suggests we are trying to get that stopped.

Some good and realistic posts from Thespence.  :clap:

Cheers HTL  :thup:

Grayson underlining Beckford going nowhere last week

"I'll be bracing myself for calls in January, but he won't be going anywhere," stated Grayson.

"Jermaine came off the transfer list in the summer and the chairman has promised me that he won't be going anywhere.

"If he walks away in June and we've been promoted then it'll be happy days for us because we've achieved what we need to do.

"If he leaves then that's entirely up to him. That's the risk we're running, but I'm sure he'll concentrate and keep getting his goals."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_5713317,00.html

With Grayson constantly saying this line since the summer if JB left in Jan it would leave Grayson with zero credibility.

Gamst Pedersen is out of contract in the summer and looks unlikely to sign a new for Blackburn, if we go up he'd be nice to get in imo.

No thanks, he's been absolutely shit for about two years now.

Newcastle signing somebody who was great two seasons ago, will probably want high wages, and is now pushing his late 20s... where have I seen that before?

It would be mint if he recaptured a part of his old form, but every time I see him for Blackburn he doesn't seem to completely care at all.

I think the only position we'd have made a significant improvement this season, is if we'd signed a better striker.

I'd say a central midfielder who could create something and actually move around the pitch would have made a big improvement.

I think the only position we'd have made a significant improvement this season, is if we'd signed a better striker.

I'd say a central midfielder who could create something and actually move around the pitch would have made a big improvement.

Maybe, but Smith's been one of our best players on the whole, and Nolan has scored a load for us. I think a striker who could get a goal every other game and we'd be even further away at the top.

Is Simpson allowed to have his loan extended to the end of his contract/season or not?

I know its highly unlikely that Ferguson will let him stay on loan with us as he'll be looking to pocket some money for him in January

Gamst Pedersen is out of contract in the summer and looks unlikely to sign a new for Blackburn, if we go up he'd be nice to get in imo.

No thanks, he's been absolutely shit for about two years now.

On a free I'd take him, as long as he'd not want silly wages.

Guest Rob 1988

Simpson talks up Cleverley  - Sky Sports

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5740995,00.html

Danny Simpson has urged Newcastle manager Chris Hughton to sign fellow Manchester United youngster Tom Cleverley in the summer.

Cleverley, who is currently on loan at Watford, is out of contract at the end of the season with United yet to offer him a new deal.

Simpson is close friends with the 20-year-old having come through the ranks at Old Trafford together and, with the defender pushing to make his loan switch to Newcastle permanent, he is hoping his mate will soon join him.

Cleverley has set the Championship alight this term, scoring six goals in 15 games, and although thought to be high on Hughton's wish list is still highly rated at the Theatre of Dreams.

"He would be a great signing and it would be great to see him here," Simpson told The Chronicle.

"He's a very good player - he's come on a lot in the last couple of years. He's scored a lot of goals this year as well - he's got six already.

"He obviously would be a good addition to the squad."

Simpson will come up against his United colleague on Saturday when Watford travel to St James' Park and he admits that the two have already begun the banter.

"I told him I was going to snap him," he joked. "I spoke to him and he said 'are you ready?' and I said 'are you?'.

"Joking aside he will be a tough opponent."