Xisco's back

Crumpy Gunt

Aye. Anyway back on subject. It doesn't matter if he is gay. Just stupid that he would get a load of stick because of his sexuality and yet someone like John Terry can knock up his best mate's ex and no-one in the stands says boo.

Ummm. Is that a joke? I'm pretty sure boo was all anyone said about it at the grounds. But more like BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO than just boo.

I can confirm it was all Boo-urns actually. /smithers]

Booooooo-erry

Aye. Anyway back on subject. It doesn't matter if he is gay. Just stupid that he would get a load of stick because of his sexuality and yet someone like John Terry can knock up his best mate's ex and no-one in the stands says boo.

Since when has Xisco been booed for being gay though?

By the way, people take the piss out of Terry's sex life all the time online and even on TV.

Hughton  "Xisco has been good in pre-season. We have six strikers who have all been fit in pre-season so it's been a case of shifting them around to give them the minutes they need.

"The difficulty for him is he's playing in a position where we have a lot of options. All he can do is to force the decision. He can put himself in a position to perform and train well.

"I suppose it's a little bit like Leon Best when he came in January with Andy Carroll and Peter Lovenkrands scoring goals for fun. It made it difficult for him to get the minutes on the pitch.

"Xisco played more regularly back in Spain last season, now he must continue to do well in pre-season and force the issue."

Xisco has also been shunted wide to get his chance.

Hughton added: “It is an unfamiliar position for Xisco on the left.

“We want to make sure we make the most of him.

“The difficulty for him is he is playing in a position where we have a lot of options. All he can do is to force the decision. He is older now. When he came in it was a difficult period for him.

“Sometimes coming here with other strikers in front of you, you don’t get a real rhythm.”

Guest neesy111

Def sounds like we won't be buying a new striker

I didn't think we would be.

me either but some on here did

hughton has said previously a striker is his priority

Def sounds like we won't be buying a new striker

I didn't think we would be.

me either but some on here did

hughton has said previously a striker is his priority

He also previously played down a move for Sol Campbell. Things change.

• 2 weeks later...