Peterborough 2 - 0 Newcastle (CC) - 22/09/09 - post match reaction from page 11

Dave

Is Lovenkrands on the wing? Sersiously, if he's here to play as a winger we should never have given him a contract

agreed. he's terrible on the ball, but has enough movement off it, and a clean enough strike to be a good striker at this level. on the wing though.  :no:

Is Lovenkrands on the wing? Sersiously, if he's here to play as a winger we should never have given him a contract

agreed. he's terrible on the ball, but has enough movement off it, and a clean enough strike to be a good striker at this level. on the wing though.  :no:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/16/peter-lovenkrands-ready-to-start-at-blackpool-72703-24703058/

"In training I am playing as a striker.

We have Jonas Gutierrez coming back, so he can go on the wing.

We have great wingers, and up front we have some injuries, so I hope I can get more time up front."

:dontknow:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

To be honest I think Hughton signed him as a winger. I think what he eventually intends is for Jonas to be wide right and Lovenkrands wide left with Ameobi/Carroll/Harewood up front

Guest desertfox

I think people here are getting a little carried away with negative comments about the youngsters.  Clearly dropping a number of young players into a team together is not something you would do in a competition considered worthy of attention - unless of course it's Man Utd circa 1993.  I'm sure some of these players will go on to be good, solid players whilst others will be moved on in the fullness of time.  Let's get behind them and get the hell out of this second-rate league as a priority!

I think people here are getting a little carried away with negative comments about the youngsters.  Clearly dropping a number of young players into a team together is not something you would do in a competition considered worthy of attention - unless of course it's Man Utd circa 1993.  I'm sure some of these players will go on to be good, solid players whilst others will be moved on in the fullness of time.  Let's get behind them and get the hell out of this second-rate league as a priority!

I'm sure it was around that time where a side with the likes of the Nevilles, Butt, Scholes & Beckham got beat 3-0 at home to York City in this competition.

Guest Roger Kint

I'm sure it was around that time where a side with the likes of the Nevilles, Butt, Scholes & Beckham got beat 3-0 at home to York City in this competition.

Team was: Pilkington, Parker, Irwin, McGibbon, Pallister, P Neville (Cooke 46), Davies (Bruce 58), Beckham, Sharpe, McClair, Giggs

Not exactly a kids team

I've been at work.

Has Nicky Butts cruciate imploded like I've been hoping or is it the horrible other possibility that he's being rested for Saturday like everyone else. The thought that they're playing Guthrie and resting Butt is absolutely terrifying.

We're resting Barton, too, it seems.