Famous Newcastle Fans

cubaricho

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

They’re all from Newcastle 

I'm not sure why but that just made my day. Love those guys.

35 minutes ago, McDog said:

I'm not sure why but that just made my day. Love those guys.

Walker is an area in Newcastle.

The bassist, Chas Chandler, set up Newcastle Arena, and was Jimmi Hendrix’s manager in his early days - bringing him to Newcastle and coining ‘the Jimmi Hendrix Experience’. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Superior Acuña said:

Walker is an area in Newcastle.

The bassist, Chas Chandler, set up Newcastle Arena, and was Jimmi Hendrix’s manager in his early days - bringing him to Newcastle and coining ‘the Jimmi Hendrix Experience’. 

That's very interesting indeed. Thanks for that. I mean it.

edit: Tune is great too.

Edited by McDog

8 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm sure he's not actually a fan, they probably just had the shorts handy. But just noticed Robert Smith wearing NUFC shorts in an old photoshoot

He’s a QPR fan innit, but maybe we’re his 2nd team and he has inbetween days   

8 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

👏

54 minutes ago, Bondedcrown said:

Alan Price wasn't

He’s talking to a guy from the States. So being ‘from’ Newcastle is near enough (born in Fatfield and went to school in Jarrow…even if he has dubious taste in football teams 😉). 

I think the Animals used to practice in a garage a stones throw away from the house Steve Bruce grew up in. 

They weren't The Animals at that point, they got that name a little while after because of the way they used to carry on [emoji38]

9 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

I'm sure he's not actually a fan, they probably just had the shorts handy. But just noticed Robert Smith wearing NUFC shorts in an old photoshoot

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Is it safe to "like" this and confirm one's appreciation of Smith and The Cure, now? 

He was accused of inappropriate sexual activity with minors a few months ago. Bit of #metoo malarkey apparently. He vigorously denied it and it's all gone hush. 

Hope it's bollox, personally. Obvs

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Is it safe to "like" this and confirm one's appreciation of Smith and The Cure, now? 

He was accused of inappropriate sexual activity with minors a few months ago. Bit of #metoo malarkey apparently. He vigorously denied it and it's all gone hush. 

Hope it's bollox, personally. Obvs

Seems like the accusations were from one woman and were false

So unless we hear otherwise, you’re fine to continue to backcomb your hair and mope around your black walled bedroom listening to Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me 

Edited by bobbydazzla

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I think the Animals used to practice in a garage a stones throw away from the house Steve Bruce grew up in. 

They weren't The Animals at that point, they got that name a little while after because of the way they used to carry on [emoji38]

My nanna used to say she babysat the drummer of The Animals when he was a bairn

But she was also a notorious bullshitter so who knows

She was adamant one of my relatives discovered the North Pole, which was utter bollocks  

Edited by bobbydazzla

Oh my giddy aunt I forgot about "Anne Gillies"  ( Brandling village ) she loved Byker Stanley and had a season ticket at Newcastle east end, but the mackems were top dogs back then so she moved to the wild west and her son Bobby formed the wild west gremlins back in the day.

On 09/06/2024 at 01:56, rebelrouser said:

Eric Burdon and the Animals

Indeed. A Popular Side regular, even when he was relatively famous.

I also found out the other day that he's the Egg Man that Lennon references in I am the Walrus!

10 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

I also found out the other day that he's the Egg Man that Lennon references in I am the Walrus!

Also a huge influence on Bruce Springsteen @McDog

25 minutes ago, UncleBingo said:

Keeping with the Beatles reference Albert Stubbins is featured on the cover of Sgt Pepper’s and Lennon’s solo album cover art for Walls and Bridges is a painting he did as a kid of Newcastle v Arsenal 

On 09/06/2024 at 09:14, Coffee_Johnny said:

…went to school in Jarrow…even if he has dubious taste in football teams 😉). 

He did indeed. Was a mate of my dad's at school.

11 minutes ago, LordJake said:

Keeping with the Beatles reference Albert Stubbins is featured on the cover of Sgt Pepper’s and Lennon’s solo album cover art for Walls and Bridges is a painting he did as a kid of Newcastle v Arsenal 

Yes - love that, of Robledo scoring the winner in the 52 FA Cup final (with Milburn in the foreground).

edit:

I just read that Lennon lived on 9 Newcastle Rd as a kid - and being fascinated by numbers - the photo of 'his address' in Newcastle's 9 likely inspired him to draw this.

160404110050_dos_a.jpg.webp

Edited by Superior Acuña