Attendances . .

kane2005

OR BAD - having to witness the ugly and embarrassing scenes like after the Bristol Game....  :facepalm:

I read that there was some rumpus in L7 at the end of the game between some Bristol lad & Newcastle fans. There was a load of Bristol fans told they could not enter the Bigg Market just aftert the match as well.

Guest WashyGeordie
OR BAD - having to witness the ugly and embarrassing scenes like after the Bristol Game....  :facepalm:

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00981/jose_mourinho_981572c.jpg

Passion for the game, is passion for the game.

Guest WashyGeordie

Attendances this season prove how many fickle locals support the club. Near a full house for years, then we go down and its no where near 50k. What ever happen to through thick and thin?

I know it's about a 10k gap, but there's still atleast 35k loyal supporters.  :dowie:

Attendances this season prove how many fickle locals support the club. Near a full house for years, then we go down and its no where near 50k. What ever happen to through thick and thin?

I know it's about a 10k gap, but there's still atleast 35k loyal supporters.  :dowie:

Oh without doubt the attendances are brilliant and hats off to those going. Im just saying those 1000s that are no longer going because we went down shouldnt even be welcomed back. Plenty of fans who dont live near Newcastle would still absolutely love to be at every game this season.

Oh without doubt the attendances are brilliant and hats off to those going. Im just saying those 1000s that are no longer going because we went down shouldnt even be welcomed back. Plenty of fans who dont live near Newcastle would still absolutely love to be at every game this season.

if they wanted it that much they stick out studying in the likes if sunderland eh ?

I know it's about a 10k gap, but there's still atleast 35k loyal supporters. :dowie:

if they wanted it that much they stick out studying in the likes if sunderland eh ?

Oh :lol: :lol: :lol: I see what you did there :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one madras :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh :lol: :lol: :lol: I see what you did there :lol: :lol: :lol: Good one madras :lol: :lol: :lol:

well ffs what do you expect when a club gets relegated,still pulls in over 40,000 for home games,sells out its away alloocation weeks in advance in a recession and you say it shows how many fickle fans we have.

well ffs what do you expect when a club gets relegated,still pulls in over 40,000 for home games,sells out its away alloocation weeks in advance in a recession and you say it shows how many fickle fans we have.

Im saying we were getting over 50k in Prem, it is nearly roughly 10k less now in the CCC and when we go back up you can bet it will be above 50k again. Are those fans refusing to stand by the team when we are in this league not fickle?

Also I fully believe our fans are great, but only those who still support the team the same way they did before when we were in the Premiership.

Put it like this. If I had a season ticket for years, then we went down I came on here and said "aw fuck this, I cant be arsed going to Championship games, im going to stop going until we get promoted again". I would get ripped apart on here for being a plastic supporter.

Im saying we were getting over 50k in Prem, it is nearly roughly 10k less now in the CCC and when we go back up you can bet it will be above 50k again. Are those fans refusing to stand by the team when we are in this league not fickle?

Also I fully believe our fans are great, but only those who still support the team the same way they did before when we were in the Premiership.

Put it like this. If I had a season ticket for years, then we went down I came on here and said "aw f*** this, I cant be arsed going to Championship games, im going to stop going until we get promoted again". I would get ripped apart on here for being a plastic supporter.

so what you are saying is every club who gets relegated will have a drop off in crowds as opposed to "it shows how many fickle fans we have" ?

Put it like this. If I had a season ticket for years, then we went down I came on here and said "aw f*** this, I cant be arsed going to Championship games, im going to stop going until we get promoted again". I would get ripped apart on here for being a plastic supporter.

so what you are saying is every club who gets relegated will have a drop off in crowds as opposed to "it shows how many fickle fans we have" ?

When I said we, I wasnt singling us out. Every club's attendances drop if they get relegated, it is usually the proper fans who stay and the plastics who dont. I'm just saying our attendances show how many plastics we have.

When I said we, I wasnt singling us out. Every club's attendances drop if they get relegated, it is usually the proper fans who stay and the plastics who dont. I'm just saying our attendances show how many plastics we have.

so because we had such a high starting point it looks high. many people would point out that as a championship we are still attendance wise out performing many if not most premiership sides but maybe if you want to point to the ammount not coming then that i guess is your choice.

so because we had such a high starting point it looks high. many people would point out that as a championship we are still attendance wise out performing many if not most premiership sides but maybe if you want to point to the ammount not coming then that i guess is your choice.

Well, yeah, it is. As you said, many people have already made the other point.

do you not think when you say "look at how many fickle fans we've got" it smacks of pointing us out in particular ?

Put it like this. If I had a season ticket for years, then we went down I came on here and said "aw fuck this, I cant be arsed going to Championship games, im going to stop going until we get promoted again". I would get ripped apart on here for being a plastic supporter.

To be fair, we "only" had an average attendance of 48000 last year. There were over 43000 at the game on Saturday, that's less than 5000 supporters not going. Taking into account that there's probably fewer away fans, you could probably make that about 4000 less Newcastle fans. Considering the situation with Ashley, I bet you there's loads of people not going to the game to protest, who don't want to give him any money (especially after the tribunals verdict had come on Friday). There's also the fact that there are a lot more games this season, people will not be able to afford going to all of them if they don't have a season ticket, especially in a recession.

do you not think when you say "look at how many fickle fans we've got" it smacks of pointing us out in particular ?

I am talking about us in particular as in this case we are talking about our attendances, but I am not saying we are the only club that would have such fans in this scenario.

I am talking about us in particular as in this case we are talking about our attendances, but I am not saying we are the only club that would have such fans in this scenario.

so why not  say most clubs would have had more of a drop off as history has proved ?

Guest toonlass

I read that there was some rumpus in L7 at the end of the game between some Bristol lad & Newcastle fans. There was a load of Bristol fans told they could not enter the Bigg Market just aftert the match as well.

What happened there? Never noticed anything.

To be fair, we "only" had an average attendance of 48000 last year. There were over 43000 at the game on Saturday, that's less than 5000 supporters not going. Taking into account that there's probably fewer away fans, you could probably make that about 4000 less Newcastle fans. Considering the situation with Ashley, I bet you there's loads of people not going to the game to protest, who don't want to give him any money (especially after the tribunals verdict had come on Friday). There's also the fact that there are a lot more games this season, people will not be able to afford going to all of them if they don't have a season ticket, especially in a recession.

I would say the general feeling of SHIT is why the attendances are wank, Ashley to blame.

Guest Haris Vuckic

There was 48k at the first home game of last season, Bolton.

People always wont go, using recessions and Mike Ashley as an excuse.

It's a fact that when you get relegated people don't turn up because they don't want to pay for shit football, especially when we are charging premier league prices.

Still, getting above 40'000 on a regular basis in this league, in our situation is exceptional and nothing less. 

Guest toonlass

I would say the general feeling of SHIT is why the attendances are wank, Ashley to blame.

Considering predicted attendances were 25,000 in the media 43,000 against Bristol City is marvellous.

Correct. I would not consider myself a fickle fan, I've been to around 60% of away games since Jan but no home games. The January transfer window did it for me, why should I help Ashley reduce a deficit he has created through his own mis-management? I respect people wanting to go, but I don't expect to be considered a fickle fan. It would have been easier for me to start going again after a good start, but bizarrely that would make me more fickle. I'm sticking by my principles until he is gone.