At what point.....

Ronaldo

The only game where it sounds like Ranger hasnt shown some form of progression and suddenly OBVIOUSLY he hasnt been ready for first team football alongside carroll.

Disregarding the fact that hes done well when played alongside him all the other games & it was obvious to absolutely no one that he wasnt going to continue improving. If Harewood is still improving his fitness, there is no reason atall why it wouldnt make sense to give Ranger another go against QPR as they did. Dont see the big flaw in judgement.

The people on the forum don't pick the team mate.

It's Nicky Butt who pick the team I guess...otherwise he wouldn't be even near the first team! How the hell we can get Hughton to read this forum's post match comments on Butt?

Even if Ranger isn't ready to start? Do we really have an option at the moment(please not that Hughton's preferred 4-5-1)!

Carroll did too much running at time last night, he doesn't really have the stamina to do that over 90 minutes. He needs to concentrate on getting into the right positions instead of winning physical duels.

I'd still start Carroll on Saturday like. But he's similar to Ranger in that he isn't really the answer yet

The only game where it sounds like Ranger hasnt shown some form of progression and suddenly OBVIOUSLY he hasnt been ready for first team football alongside carroll.

Disregarding the fact that hes done well when played alongside him all the other games & it was obvious to absolutely no one that he wasnt going to continue improving. If Harewood is still improving his fitness, there is no reason atall why it wouldnt make sense to give Ranger another go against QPR as they did. Dont see the big flaw in judgement.

2 goals between them in 16 games

Lovenkrands must be shaking his head in disbelief

...and the goals they've laid on for midfielders?  Lovenkrands doesn't deserve a place in the team, he offers nothing that Carroll, Harewood and Ranger don't.  Harewood-Carroll should start on saturday and Ranger to come on later.

Lovenkrands should'nt be shaking his head in disbelief but thanking his lucky stars he is even at a club.

2 goals between then is a crap stat anyway  :lol: Adding their games together?  :dowie:

Marlon should fit in with his goal record of late then

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=10728

Ok, Carroll has 2 in 8. Ranger has 0 in 8

breathtalking, and incase you blinked we haven't been playing against Nesta and Maldini every week

Lovenkrands offers plenty that Carroll and Ranger dont

I know, but nothing Harewood doesn't.  So we should play Carroll and Harewood.

And in case you blinked we didn't buy any creative midfielders in the summer.  ;D

Has Harewood been playing against lower level championship defenders?

Dunno, did he come on against us last year?

breathtalking, and incase you blinked we haven't been playing against Nesta and Maldini every week

And in case you blinked we didn't buy any creative midfielders in the summer.  ;D

I've maintained all along that I want Carroll and Harewood up front

but for those using the 'not fit' excuse for Marlon, where on earth does that leave Lovenkrands? Not a single appearance up front since he got here.

In a league where Kevin fucking Nolan manages 5 in 10, i'd expect the strikers to start pulling their weight with goals.

Lovenkrands sacked by his last club, no club after him all summer. He is no longer the flyer he was during his spell with the Gers & its worrying that Rangers who he trained during the summer  did not try to sign him obviously he didn't stand out while training with Novo, Boyd & Naismith.

5 Championship games while playing for Wolves, cup game against Gillingham, cup game against QPR, against us & few really shite team in the UEFA cup he did score 1 goal.

I've maintained all along that I want Carroll and Harewood up front

It is what I would like to see as well.

Lovenkrands sacked by his last club, no club after him all summer. He is no longer the flyer he was during his spell with the Gers & its worrying that Rangers who he trained during the summer  did not try to sign him obviously he didn't stand out while training with Novo, Boyd & Naismith.

He was released, just like Ranger was from Southampton  O0

Or you could say, that Ranger has currently started only 3 league games & we havent lost a single game yet with him in the side. Depends how you want to look at it doesnt it.

Regardless your stats ignore what i was saying, that Ranger had clearly looked to be improving seeing as he has been v good recently & was getting in goal scoring positions in the last couple games he played for the first times properly. To the point where he nearly scored against plymouth & set up a goal against Ipswich along with having two well saved.

You cant use stats to represent such a young players ability, when they are likely far from settled or playing freely yet. It made sense to play Ranger yesterday.

He was released, just like Ranger was from Southampton  O0

Released mid season = SACKED. Ranger got the heave mainly because of his criminal offences.

Ranger has started 4 in the league and 2 in the mickey mouse cup. He isn't ready yet, despite his brilliant potential.

4 After yesterday sure, i was talking about the decision to play him in that game.

Anyway what you're saying is based on hindsight, as i say he clearly looked like he might be ready. Its also far more likely that our entire side not stepping up was the much bigger issue, seeing as players like Guthrie had a shocker, Rtaylor was out & Enrique wasnt delivery quality balls in either. That would have made it easier for them to keep Ranger quiet. So it still doesnt really represent him clearly not being ready. He'll get ready by scoring goals and becoming confident at this level, thats it. He isnt gonna hit some magic age or period of the year and wake up deciding he's suddenly ready to play and turn into a goalscoring phenomenon.

Anyway, i would play Harewood ahead of him sure. Thats all i agree with.

If your food enough, your old enough. If the midfield gets their act together regularly any of the three regularly mentioned should get goals. The only way you'll improve young players is by giving them opportunities regularly, not throwing them in once they stick a few in for the reserves. I've got no problem starting Carroll or Ranger. Alongside Marlon the beast, either of them are going to get goals. Well done to the goomba savin our bacon last night...and Butt needs to die of old age as he doesnt seem to get dropped otherwise. Sort out the midfield and I reckon any of these strkiers'll have a chance of gettin a hat full

Personally, I'd have Carroll and Harewood up-front atm. If Carroll was injured, I'd bring in Ranger and if Harewood was injured, I'd bring in Lovenkrands.

The 'big man, little man' effect. Even if none of the 'little men' are actually little, it's more the style of play I'm referring to really.

P.S. I am not a massive believer in Mr Lovenkrands, I think he has some pace and very little else. Still, better than most the shite in this ridiculous league.