Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest neesy111

Top 10 Soccer Club Rivalries of All Time

Not actually read it yet like. :lol:

read it before, absolute bollocks it is!  the tyne wear derby has to be right up there and it's one the oldest as well

How exactly?  To be put on that list would be embarrassing compared to the others.

you underestimate how big this derby is

Guest neesy111

read it before, absolute bollocks it is!  the tyne wear derby has to be right up there and it's one the oldest as well

How exactly?  To be put on that list would be embarrassing compared to the others.

and how would it be embarrassing, sunderland and newcastle are two clubs known throughout the footballing world!

lazio's history is nowhere near that of our club and that of sunderlands

How big is it?  The Corinthians vs Palmeiras ranked 10th on that list.  Check out the number of fans each of those clubs have.  Oh, and all the clubs in the article are successful too.  Since when have us or the Mackems been successful?

and how would it be embarrassing, sunderland and newcastle are two clubs known throughout the footballing world!

You are now saying that Newcastle vs Sunderland is a bigger worldwide occassion then the Roma derby?

Guest neesy111

How big is it?  The Corinthians vs Palmeiras ranked 10th on that list.  Check out the number of fans each of those clubs have.  Oh, and all the clubs in the article are successful too.  Since when have us or the Mackems been successful?

6 league titles, 2 fa cups perhaps?

lazio have won 1 league title in their history, I don't call that successful!

also look at many fan's we have!!

your caught up with media's notation of rivalrys

Guest neesy111

You are now saying that Newcastle vs Sunderland is a bigger worldwide occassion then the Roma derby?

yes, newcastle v sunderland is watched right around the world you know, seem's like you've inherited the Ruud Gullit gene of derby matches!

yes, newcastle v sunderland is watched right around the world you know, seem's like you've inherited the Ruud Gullit gene of derby matches!

:lol: staggerring. 

Guest neesy111

so i'm guessing you find nufc v sunderland a small match then?  i think your view of the world to be quite limited if you think that only the UK watches this match

To be completely honest, a Clásico has nowhere the atmosphere I have seen on a Boca-River or a Galatasaray-Fenherbace game (although I have only seen those on the telly, but presumably it will be more intense actually being there). I guess we are #1 because of the "bigness" factor.

Guest neesy111

To be completely honest, a Clásico has nowhere the atmosphere I have seen on a Boca-River or a Galatasaray-Fenherbace game (although I have only seen those on the telly, but presumably it will be more intense actually being there). I guess we are #1 because of the "bigness" factor.

I think it's the media that build it up tbh!

VI you should feel the atmosphere of a nufc v safc, it's something else

so i'm guessing you find nufc v sunderland a small match then?  i think your view of the world to be quite limited if you think that only the UK watches this match

It is, in relation to those rivalries.  Corinthians is the biggest team in Brazil btw.  Also how about you educate yourself a little with the Lazio and Roma rivalry, that is more then football.  To think that the TyneWear apparently eclipses it - now that is a limited view on the world tbh.

Guest neesy111

It is, in relation to those rivalries.  Corinthians is the biggest team in Brazil btw.  Also how about you educate yourself a little with the Lazio and Roma rivalry, that is more then football.  To think that the TyneWear apparently eclipses it - now that is a limited view on the world tbh.

then you don't know the history of the rivalry between the city's of newcastle and sunderland then!

the two cities have always been rivals, they used to be rivals for ship building work which exsisted all the way to the late 1950's!  our's is much more than a football match

then you don't know the history of the rivalry between the city's of newcastle and sunderland then!

the two cities have always been rivals, they used to be rivals for ship building work which exsisted all the way to the late 1950's!  our's is much more than a football match

Maybe they should have put us above Celtic and Rangers in that case?

Barcelona - Madrid rivalry runs deep and has gone on for centuries, to be frank. The animosity is there and is huge, it's just that both sets of fans aren't the most lively in the land.

Just out of idle curiousity with yourself being foreign can give the discussion another perspective..   How do you rate the TyneWear derby on a worldwide scale?  Bigger than the fierce rivalries in Brazil?  Or the Roma derby?

Guest firetotheworks

The only rivalries in this country that are even on truly on my radar as worth noting are

Rangers Celtic

Newcastle Sunderland

Man United Liverpool

Guest neesy111

Maybe they should have put us above Celtic and Rangers in that case?

celtic rangers is only big because of the religion factor

Guest neesy111

Barcelona - Madrid rivalry runs deep and has gone on for centuries, to be frank. The animosity is there and is huge, it's just that both sets of fans aren't the most lively in the land.

Seville v Betis - I've seen that as lively rivalry between the fans?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/oct/23/newsstory.sport

Interesting read re: Newcastle v Sunderland rivalry.