Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Not able to start  a thread, anyone know where i can get good season reviews from years past?

Internet. Strangely, that was one of the first thing I think I asked about too! The old Black & White tapes you'll be lucky to find outside the internet, even the DVDs in the store of 'recent' years are still around £20. Internet is very cheap, and I think I actually bought a whole host of Toon DVDs from someone on this board (all in good condition).

Not able to start  a thread, anyone know where i can get good season reviews from years past?

Internet. Strangely, that was one of the first thing I think I asked about too! The old Black & White tapes you'll be lucky to find outside the internet, even the DVDs in the store of 'recent' years are still around £20. Internet is very cheap, and I think I actually bought a whole host of Toon DVDs from someone on this board (all in good condition).

Thnanks man, but im just looking for written reviews like.

Too funny - probably mean to pat the ref on the shoulder, and ends up doing that.  :D

You are a referee, no?

What is the situation with touching referee's anyway? Seems to differ by the leagues and the players. I was watching our match on Saturday, and M'Bia actually grabbed the referee's head with both of his hands when pleading for a decision. I thought he might even get sent off, but nothing was made of it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Thnanks man, but im just looking for written reviews like.

Ho'way man, very few people around here read other people's posts, let alone books or reviews! No idea about season reviews, I know you can get very weak recaps for some seasons of WIKI, but yeah. There's a good book due out next year by the Newcastle United Historian detailing each season from year 0-present day. Going to be a total stat geek's wet dream - can't wait.

Too funny - probably mean to pat the ref on the shoulder, and ends up doing that.  :D

You are a referee, no?

What is the situation with touching referee's anyway? Seems to differ by the leagues and the players. I was watching our match on Saturday, and M'Bia actually grabbed the referee's head with both of his hands when pleading for a decision. I thought he might even get sent off, but nothing was made of it.

Yes, I referee.

You read all sorts of non-verbal things when out there.  Pat on the shoulder.... fine, Two handed touch to my face to plead a decision?  Not fine, but probably not more than a verbal warning. Would accept that more in a latin environment, than an anglo/african game. It seems more cultural to the latin players.  Now striking/pushing/shoving  etc .... Bye Bye.

It's like the difference between a player saying "I wasn't F****** offside" and "F***** H*** ref, I wasn't offside" You just know whether the expletive was aimed at you directly or was more just descriptive of the situation.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

You are a referee, no?

It's like the difference between a player saying "I wasn't F****** offside" and "F***** H*** ref, I wasn't offside" You just know whether the expletive was aimed at you directly or was more just descriptive of the situation.

Book them for having f*cking sh*t vocabulary range, the c*nts.  :fishing:

:lol: Brilliant. I wasn't aware they had female referee in the 2.Bundesliga.

The ref didn't seem too displeased, though.

The Bolivian president is shameful. It's that lack of professionalism that typifies us.

You switched nationalities there Baba?

Guest Roger Kint

Saw this on another forum, you might find his views on our players a tad confusing  ;D

That combination of strength and speed that coaches often look for.

Which players have the best combination of strength and speed (sometimes a lot more of one than the other), yet are the worst players?

With all the talk about big physical players who aren't skillful enough, these are some of the main culprits.

LB

Elokobi (Wolves)

Van Damme (Wolves)

Figueroa (Wigan)

Olsson (Blackburn)

Murphy (Birmingham)

Konchesky (Liverpool)

Ilunga (West Ham)

CB

Bramble (Sunderland)

Gabbidon (West Ham)

Baptiste (Blackpool)