Not Worthy Of A Thread

Thespence

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

If Robben and Ribery can stay injury free, they'll do very well. Robben is such an amazing talent, shame he's made of glass and a bit of an idiot.

Bayern should walk this league this season. Heynckes has shown what a good coach he his with Leverkusen last season and Bayern have had a very good transfer window - shipping out some dead wood and getting in some high quality players.

Allthough, I'm not too sure as yet because I don't know how strong Dortmund will be this season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's why I like the Bundesliga - you can never tell who's going to win it. Win 1 year, and get relegated the next!  :lol: Plus the standard is decent too.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Should we start a Bundesliga thread? There's just as many of us as there are people who bum Serie A..  :fishing:

That's why I like the Bundesliga - you can never tell who's going to win it. Win 1 year, and get relegated the next!  :lol: Plus the standard is decent too.

You can't tell who will win the Premier League, either. And who would have said before the 08/09 season that we would get relegated.

Think in general the pace in the Premier League is much higher. I once watched a Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen, a supposed to be top-match (2nd against 3rd) and it was pretty poor football from both sides, despited Bayern winning 5-1 or so.

Seeing games like Man Utd - Liverpool for example as a neutral is much, much more exciting and even the games of the teams that are bottom of the table seem to be more competitive than most in the Bundesliga.

Only team that was really great to watch last season was Dortmund.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's why I like the Bundesliga - you can never tell who's going to win it. Win 1 year, and get relegated the next!  :lol: Plus the standard is decent too.

You can't tell who will win the Premier League, either. And who would have said before the 08/09 season that we would get relegated.

Think in general the pace in the Premier League is much higher. I once watched a Bayern Munich - Bayer Leverkusen, a supposed to be top-match (2nd against 3rd) and it was pretty poor football from both sides, despited Bayern winning 5-1 or so.

Seeing games like Man Utd - Liverpool for example as a neutral is much, much more exciting and even the games of the teams that are bottom of the table seem to be more competitive than most in the Bundesliga.

Aye, I can see what you're saying, but generally only 2 teams will win the Premier League, where as nearly anyone in the Bundesliga can win it (as has been shown in the last few years). I'm not saying every game is a world beater, but in general its an exciting league. I think if you get to watch it, and get to know the teams (like you do with the Premier League) you'll enjoy it. Each to their own though.

Should we start a Bundesliga thread? There's just as many of us as there are people who bum Serie A..  :fishing:

We have one.

Aye? Nice one, must have totally overlooked it.

I know the teams in the Bundeliga and thanks to the Pay-TV I have (which shows every game on his own or as multicast) I've watched quite a lot of it last season, just haven't been that exciting imo. j

Every team can win it? Doubt that tbh. There's Bayern and Dortmund as big favourites. Then of course you've got clubs like Leverkusen (who will never win, because they always become 2nd only), Schalke, Bremen as favourites for 3rd place and as outsiders for the title. The rest won't have a shot at winning.

In my opinion, the bundesliga is the closet you can get to the PL in terms of pace and excitement. It's now officially the 3rd best league in the world , overtaking Serie A in the process.

Rightly so. Seria A has declined big in recent years.

The first game to be shown on ESPN will be Borussia Dortmund v Hamburg, BTW. It's not going to be shown live (10pm I think), but should be a good watch.

Tomorrow evening at 19:30 (british time) it'll be. Hope Dortmund will get off to a flying start.

I know the teams in the Bundeliga and thanks to the Pay-TV I have (which shows every game on his own or as multicast) I've watched quite a lot of it last season, just haven't been that exciting imo. j

Every team can win it? Doubt that tbh. There's Bayern and Dortmund as big favourites. Then of course you've got clubs like Leverkusen (who will never win, because they always become 2nd only), Schalke, Bremen as favourites for 3rd place and as outsiders for the title. The rest won't have a shot at winning.

Dude, Wolfsburg won it not so long ago. Hamburg could have won it under Martin Jol baring a terrible slump towards the end of the season.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Perhaps not this season, but no-one would have suggested Wolfsburg would have won the season they did. You'll not get something like that happening in the Premier League now, the closest that came to happening was with us nearly 15 years ago!

The first game to be shown on ESPN will be Borussia Dortmund v Hamburg, BTW. It's not going to be shown live (10pm I think), but should be a good watch.

Tomorrow evening at 19:30 (british time) it'll be. Hope Dortmund will get off to a flying start.

Yeah, but not live for some reason.

Yeah, but not live for some reason.

A shame really. Glad it's live on here in free-tv as well as pay-tv. :)