Nott'm Forest 1 - 0 Newcastle Utd - 17/10/09 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 16

Dave

Forest fans were a joke imo, about as small time as it gets. They celebrated at half time as if they'd just won a cup, nevermind the match itself.

As for the match everything has already been said, it was s****.

Agreed, regarding their fans. 1-0 to the famous team eh?

So famous they're never mentioned in the press.

I always remember when they won the league at the same time we were relegated in the late 70's.

There was testimonials at both grounds - the testimonial here got DOUBLE the attendance at the City ground.

Even though we were down in the dumps and depressed, and they were cockahoop. Says it all about the fans.

TBF, Forest have got decent enough attendances over the past few years. They were getting 20k+ throughout league 2 I think. Mental the way they got more for this game than they did for their Derby though.

TBF, Forest have got decent enough attendances over the past few years. They were getting 20k+ throughout league 2 I think. Mental the way they got more for this game than they did for their Derby though.

I don't think they did.

They got bigger gates when their local rivals were there, yes.

And they have quite a few derbies to our one.

I'd be interested to see what their averages in the last few years since their glory days.

I don't think they did.

They got bigger gates when their local rivals were there, yes.

And they have quite a few derbies to our one.

I'd be interested to see what their averages in the last few years since their glory days.

I'm only going on the games I went to at Uni but I don't think it dipped below 20k at any of those 8 or 9 games over the 4 seasons prior to last 08/09. Could have been that I was at the dirt cheap games though :shifty:

Forest fans were a joke imo, about as small time as it gets.

Don't understand responding to chants of "Scabs, scabs, scabs" and "Where were you in '84?" by singing "Sign on, sign on, with a pen in your hand but you'll never work again." 

Nottingham's "Working Miners" still raking it in, are they?

What pub was that? 

We were about to go a Notts County pub across the Trent Bridge was told it was closed for refurbishment.

Had to walk about a mile to find one that would let us in.

What pub was that? 

We were about to go a Notts County pub across the Trent Bridge was told it was closed for refurbishment.

Had to walk about a mile to find one that would let us in.

A Notts County pub called Wheeler's Bar.

''What's it like to see a crowd?'' was my favourite chant. Shame we didn't sing more of ''We hate Nottingham Forest etc''. Probably would have if we'd won

I thought you didn't like slagging off other fans?  Surely they should be praised for turning up...

''What's it like to see a crowd?'' was my favourite chant. Shame we didn't sing more of ''We hate Nottingham Forest etc''. Probably would have if we'd won

I thought you didn't like slagging off other fans?  Surely they should be praised for turning up...

If they travelled hundreds of miles like Plymouth fans did then they don't deserve ''your support is f**king sh*t'' chants. Not once have I said we should be singing their praises for turning up

From BBC Live Text

2042: I'm being urged in some quarters to talk about the game I attended on Saturday - Nottingham Forest's magnificent 1-0 victory over Newcastle United in front of a full house and a cracking atmosphere at the City Ground, the most fun I've had at a Reds game for what seems like years and years. But I'm not going to, because it's not relevant.

Talk about rubbing salt in the wound.