Scunthorpe vs Newcastle United - Pre-Match thread - 20/10/09, 7:45 KO

Ash

Guest toonlass

Going to this. Only my third away game, never seen a victory yet.

Then why bloody go?!?!? BAD OMEN  :rant: :angry:

Because it was only the Blackburn defeat last season and the Dundee draw in the Summer - it's not a pattern until we lose on Tuesday :pow:

Guess who I'm blaming if we lose.

The EU?

No you, for attempting to 'Suck' the life out of our fans.

My god you are original. Over a year since that happened, you could have come up with something more original to throw at me. Meanwhile since then we have had the i-phone, the broken mac and the "EU" comment from you!

Not Carroll and Ranger again man, we need goals

Ah you're right. Let's play Lovenkrands and Harewood instead.

the point is, Carroll and Guthrie cannot play together

The point is, our strikers don't really seem to score. 7 goals so far this season and 4 of those were Shola. If we had two half decent strikers we'd be 10 points clear by now.

Guest Heneage

Can't believe how much we are missing Shola tbh. We so need to get our s*** together.

When's he due back surely must be soon?

Why on earth did I type Guthrie?

Harewood is a proven goal scorer who will get us more goals than Carroll and Ranger combined, he has to start

112 goals in 394 career games. Just over one in 4. That's the sort of record i'd expect a good attacking midfielder to have.

Can't believe how much we are missing Shola tbh. We so need to get our s*** together.

We don't miss Shola, he is immobile, weak for his size, zero ball control, no intelligence and cant even strike the ball cleanly.

I would rather start Harewood and Nile over him, despite Nile's lack of goals atm.

We don't miss Shola, he is immobile, weak for his size, zero ball control, no intelligence and cant even strike the ball cleanly.

I would rather start Harewood and Nile over him, despite Nile's lack of goals atm.

You crazy, crazy fucker.

Harewood is horseshit personified and Nile, though he has potential, has barely looked like scoring in any of the games he's played so far.

Shola is toss but at least he's scored some goals.

Why on earth did I type Guthrie?

Harewood is a proven goal scorer who will get us more goals than Carroll and Ranger combined, he has to start

So is Dennis Law but he is not much cop these days either. Harewood looks a shadow of the player who played in 2005-6 season at WHU, yes with his experience he should be one of the starters but don't kid anyone that he is either good or decent man.

You crazy, crazy f***er.

Harewood is horseshit personified and Nile, though he has potential, has barely looked like scoring in any of the games he's played so far.

It's getting ridiculous the number of headed sitters Nile is missing now.

You crazy, crazy f***er.

Nile's all round game is a lot better than anything i have seen Shola do, bringing players into play, running with the ball, linking up with other players.  Plus he is getting more and more of a goal threat in recent matches.

Harewood will score goals this year.

You crazy, crazy f***er.

Nile's all round game is a lot better than anything i have seen Shola do, bringing players into play, running with the ball, linking up with other players.  Plus he is getting more and more of a goal threat in recent matches.

I honestly think Shola at this level will do way more than Marlon 'Amble-about-then-fuck-it-up' Harewood and Nile, who is very young and extremely raw.

More goals than those two put together in four games would tend to agree with me.

You crazy, crazy f***er.

I honestly think Shola at this level will do way more than Marlon 'Amble-about-then-f***-it-up' Harewood and Nile, who is very young and extremely raw.

More goals than those two put together in four games would tend to agree with me.

Harewood record in Championship is really impressive, see i choose not to judge him on 4 games, you cant play long balls up to him - he is not that sort of player.

Shola scoring a hat-trick honestly defies belief, was one of the worst hat-tricks have ever seen.  Took his eyes off the ball completely for the header ffs.  Have you forgotten what he was like at Stoke??

Niles, all around game, has been very impressive for his age.  Should continue to let him start, shows good promise and once one goes in, i reckon they will start to flow.

Guest Heneage

Harewood is an impact sub, against Scunthorpe who I'm going to assume employ tough tackling centre backs, he will just get bullied like last night.

Harewood record in Championship is really impressive, see i choose not to judge him on 4 games, you cant play long balls up to him - he is not that sort of player.

Shola scoring a hat-trick honestly defies belief, was one of the worst hat-tricks have ever seen.  Took his eyes off the ball completely for the header ffs.  Have you forgotten what he was like at Stoke??

Niles, all around game, has been very impressive for his age.  Should continue to let him start, shows good promise and once one goes in, i reckon they will start to flow.

You can judge Harewood on what he was like 3/4 years ago, I'll judge him on what he's like now. Rubbish.

I'll do the same for Shola - on the evidence of what we've seen of him for NUFC this season, he'll be more dangerous than Harewood and Ranger.

I don't think I'm being too outrageous in suggesting so?

Harewood is an impact sub, against Scunthorpe who I'm going to assume employ tough tackling centre backs, he will just get bullied like last night.

Scunny's centre backs get turned far far too easily. The best way to play against them is a nippy forward playing right on their shoulder.

As for the earlier question; Sharp and Keogh never played together at Championship level, so it's hard to compare. Hayes and Hooper are a top partnership, but not that great without the other. Scunny have no depth whatsoever, so if either Hayes or Hooper miss the game, Newcastle's defence won't have a great deal to worry about (Forte is RUBBISH).

I'm kinda hoping Butt plays, as I'll be pretty much at pitch side (by the way, if you haven't been to Glanford Park before, the fans are VERY close to the pitch) and I wanted to have a quiet word with him ;)