Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

So basically to prevent you having to prove your outlandish claims you expect me to disprove your vaguel generalisation that Ashley is making money?

I never used a personal insult, I asked a question, if you cant see that i have addressed that TWICE then more fool you.

How about you back up your claims before asking me to introduce basic maths to you?

What claims are those? That in my opinion Ashley isn't losing money hand over fist at NUFC? As I have stated before I don't work at the club so cannot prove anything, guess we will just have to wait until the next accounts, although from reading the last accounts we had 23 milliion debt, turnover at 99 million and wages at 70 million. Now wages are about 30 million? and whilst turnover will no doubt have dropped I am pretty sure the club will make a profit (IMO).

We where in financial poop but I (my opinion again) don't think we are anymore.

there is absolutely no way the club is making a profit and wages are more likely at 40m plus with projected income at 50-60m at most

This would be hillarious if it wasnt our club.

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the b****** thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Reality check. Lower crowds will lead to further sales. End of!

Further player sales you mean? Lol, don't make me laugh, you honestly think that Geremi won't be gone in the summer when his contract expiress and that Ashley won't snap anybody's hand off who offers to take Butt, Nolan, Smith, Colo, Enrique of our hands?

Ashley is a very bitter sad man, he won't take kindly to the mocking and will drive this club into the ground with fools like Hughton who won't say a word against him. All he is doing is slowly drawing his money out of the club and I am sure he will be delighted when he has left us in Division 2.

I have tried reading that a few times and for the life of me cant work out how its not what i actually said to you in the first place. If he starts losing money due to lower crwds he will sell in January. I should be amazed you cant understand that but having read the second part of your post its fairly obvious you are barking mad. Ashley is taking what exactly out of the club? :idiot2: :mackems:

There's a post somewhere in the financial section which shows costs last year and the debts which were shown by the club and how much money has come in this year and the club this year is running at a profit this year. This without his £20m input that he puts in. Therefore if the crowds aren't there it makes no difference to him really. Frankly selling many more players isn't going to help him or the club any more. If he sells players the club has less chance of going up and is worth less through loss of players and revenue from going up.

Guest Roger Kint

Those figures are estimates made by someone trying to prove its not a bad business though. We dont know the actual figures to June 2009 let alone what we have this season. What we do know is that plenty of people with money arent rushing to buy us which if making a profit would be a veritable goldmine....strange that.

This would be hillarious if it wasnt our club.

Force him to sell? By starving the club of money we increase the overdraft, the overdraft which STAYS with the club when somedoby buys us. The only person remotely interested cant afford the b****** thing now let alone after lumping a few million on top!

Reality check. Lower crowds will lead to further sales. End of!

Further player sales you mean? Lol, don't make me laugh, you honestly think that Geremi won't be gone in the summer when his contract expiress and that Ashley won't snap anybody's hand off who offers to take Butt, Nolan, Smith, Colo, Enrique of our hands?

Ashley is a very bitter sad man, he won't take kindly to the mocking and will drive this club into the ground with fools like Hughton who won't say a word against him. All he is doing is slowly drawing his money out of the club and I am sure he will be delighted when he has left us in Division 2.

I have tried reading that a few times and for the life of me cant work out how its not what i actually said to you in the first place. If he starts losing money due to lower crwds he will sell in January. I should be amazed you cant understand that but having read the second part of your post its fairly obvious you are barking mad. Ashley is taking what exactly out of the club? :idiot2: :mackems:

There's a post somewhere in the financial section which shows costs last year and the debts which were shown by the club and how much money has come in this year and the club this year is running at a profit this year. This without his £20m input that he puts in. Therefore if the crowds aren't there it makes no difference to him really. Frankly selling many more players isn't going to help him or the club any more. If he sells players the club has less chance of going up and is worth less through loss of players and revenue from going up.

Nobody can 2nd guess Ashley but my opinion is that I think he has a wage limit in mind and every player who currently earns over that will be sold if they get an offer. Only my opinion but he has installed the right man in Hughton to carry out that plan as he will just agree with whatever Ashley does anyway.

I hope to go that at least Geremi and Butt will be gone in the summer and I personally wouldn't lose any sleep over losing the likes of Colo, Smith, etc. Just worries me that he won't make any funds available to replace them.

Those figures are estimates made by someone trying to prove its not a bad business though. We dont know the actual figures to June 2009 let alone what we have this season. What we do know is that plenty of people with money arent rushing to buy us which if making a profit would be a veritable goldmine....strange that.

Don't you think the fact we have no players and half a squad on loan is putting people off? Whoever buy (or stays in Ashley's case) is going to have invest considerably in the club, looks like Moat just hasn't got the money.

Guest Roger Kint

Don't you think the fact we have no players and half a squad on loan is putting people off? Whoever buy (or stays in Ashley's case) is going to have invest considerably in the club, looks like Moat just hasn't got the money.

We have 3 players on loan not half a squad. Of course they would need to invest, nobody disputes this. Doesnt come close to explaining how the club isnt financially screwed now though :rolleyes:

We have 3 players on loan not half a squad. Of course they would need to invest, nobody disputes this. Doesnt come close to explaining how the club isnt financially screwed now though :rolleyes:

Just think if I was looking to buy NUFC I would be thinking too many old players with no resale value, not enough players for a first team squad, 3 players on loan until Jan and not many kids coming through the ranks and without doubt a squad nowhere near capable of staying in the Prem (should we manage to get out of this one). and a Dodgy manager (hopefully not on a long term contract).

I would be more put off by the investment needed rather than the price.

How much would Colo, Barton, Smith, Nolan, Butt, Gutierrez bring if they where all sold and would that be enough to build a decent squad? Plus the added cost of getting a decent manager.

Guest Roger Kint

In the interests of forum sanity i will leave you to constantly repeat yourself. Any time you feel like addressing your initial claims i shall return.....

Guest neesy111

yes, ashley may sell players but the value of the club decreases through every player sale, remember player's are counted as assets

so if ashley sells players, it makes it less likely he'll get his asking price

Guest Roger Kint

yes, ashley may sell players but the value of the club decreases through every player sale, remember player's are counted as assets

So basically you now agree that boycotting is detrimental to selling the club?  :coolsmiley:

You really think he thinks like that?

He lives in a world of "I'll charge whatever the hell I like, if people don't buy it, so fuck I'll wait til someone does"

He'll continue to sell players and think the club is worth the same.

I thought Ashley cleared off all our debts, well at least that's what the media keep spouting when they say he's put £250 million into the club.  So if we are not in debt can't see the need to sell players.

Sadly though I'd assume the £250m ashley put in, will include a loan from him of £120m or so which is where all the money is going, which may be going back to him or he may have already sold that debt onto someone else.

As regards to a boycott damaging the chance of a sale, I'm not so sure on this, surely a boycott will only last as long as Ashley owns the club. This makes holding onto the club far less attractive for Ashley and I'm not sure the negative effect on willingness to buy of new owners would be as large.

Guest neesy111

Boycotting is ultimately the best way to send us into administration, anyone who thinks otherwise needs sectioning.

administration could be the best thing for this club, 10 point deduction, a decent manager would make that back up compared to hughton

Boycotting is ultimately the best way to send us into administration, anyone who thinks otherwise needs sectioning.

administration could be the best thing for this club, 10 point deduction, a decent manager would make that back up compared to hughton

What makes you think that an administration get us a better manager? It will only lead for less money available for transfers with that clueless Hughton still in charge! You're right about the 10 points deduction though ;)

Aye and what to you think the Administrators will do?  Come in appoint Guus Hiddink and give him money to spend ?  They'll sell off any saleable assets i.e. the squad, until the creditors are satisfied then anyone who buys us will have to pay whatever the creditors are demanding or NUFC will no longer exist.

When the players ("assets") are sold, the value of the club doesn't go down, cos we receive a cash which replaces the asset (assuming we sell that at their value which is a question mark)

When the players ("assets") are sold, the value of the club doesn't go down, cos we receive a cash which replaces the asset (assuming we sell that at their value which is a question mark)

Cue mass inane ramblings of "No, Ashley just takes it"

I hope fans do boycott the club as I would love to see Ashley lose a shed load of money and force him to sell up at a big loss! I wouldn't be bothered if that meant the club went into admin and got relegated as I would still support the club and take an interest if we could all concentrate on the football again.

What I can't put up with is Ashley being such a dick and just taking the piss out of the fans/club/city! I just want this to end and start to think about the football again with a permanent manager in place with a long term plan. We've now gone over a year without a permanent manager in place which is just a joke when you consider we are the 3rd best supported team in England!

At the moment I'm not even that bothered/so hacked off that I’m not really following the football (I only realised yesterday that we had a match last night) as it has taken a real back seat to all the off-field shenanigans which has to stop!

"I wouldn't be bothered if that meant the club went into admin and got relegated"

:facepalm:

It's not just a case of stopping going to matches, Ashley loses money, sells up/administration, everything happy again...but some people just don't see it.