Is boycotting ultimately the only way to force Ashley out eventually?

Guest neesy111

I think hes wants to sell far more now than he did the first time he put us up.

Hes already appointed the cheap manager & i doubt we'll be selling any/many players in january. Hes just as desperate to go up as we are, we're worth far more to him promoted than he'll get selling off a couple of championship players. I think we've a very good chance of promotion at this point, so i think the fans not turning up could clearly have an unneeded negative effect. And yes i even remain hopeful that he might actually spend some money in january.

Bollocks

I think hes wants to sell far more now than he did the first time he put us up.

Hes already appointed the cheap manager & i doubt we'll be selling any/many players in january. Hes just as desperate to go up as we are, we're worth far more to him promoted than he'll get selling off a couple of championship players. I think we've a very good chance of promotion at this point, so i think the fans not turning up could clearly have an unneeded negative effect. And yes i even remain hopeful that he might actually spend some money in january.

It's like listening to one of them battered women on Jeremy Kyle. Despite all evidence to the contrary you still believe he'll change.

If we go up Ashley wont sell. He's given Hughton an 18 month deal, which is a pretty clear signal he's not going to hoy the club back on the market any time soon given his tendancy refuse to appoint a manager whenever he's thinking about selling.

Said it already in another thread. But if we're not in the top two, i think even he would become desperate enough to bring some in. Theres to much riding on it for him & its a more realistic prospect that we wont get promoted this season than it was that we'd go down in the last.

Jayson, I think your post is basically correct about Ashley still wanting to sell. The only part that's probably wrong is the bit about spending money in January... I see no reason to believe that he won't gamble on getting us up without spending, he's gambled on our future plenty of times before.

Said it already in another thread. But if we're not in the top two, i think even he would become desperate enough to bring some in. Theres to much riding on it for him & its a more realistic prospect that we wont get promoted this season than it was that we'd go down in the last.

Relegation was one of the biggest financial disasters that could've befallen him and this club yet rather than spend a couple of million pounds to cement our top flight status he sold two of our most important players and brought in two Championship players. Look at us now.

The man has no interest in spending money, he's a fucking loon. The £20 million will go to servicing the debt or the overdraft he's been running this club on all summer, despite raking in cash from transfers (where did that money go, by the way?) You're a fool if you think he'll change now.

Anyone living in Cramlington/Dudley/Seghill/Killingworth/Burradon area the NUST have one of there roadshows at the Pioneer club in Annitsford on Thursday night,  its free for anyone so get there and put any ideas you may have to them.

yeah i'm on their site now, just emailed them about anything that's going to happen

Looks like they have already come up with their idea it's wait for it wait for it.............................................................

A petition http://www.nust.org.uk/rename-petition

For f***s sake what's the point any more.

A post by Pud on Toontastic, directed at someone being a bipolar f***er.

Let's get something straight here, it's two days since the announcement was made. We've spoken to the press when asked and made it clear that the proposals are not welcomed.

There's no rush here, why dive in headfirst and make rash decisions without weighing up all the possible routes, the ramifications of each and deciding on a course of action that will be effective.

In the early days our big fault was that we didn't take time to plan and assess. We were rightly slaughtered for that, now we think about things sensibly and make proper informed decisions and you slag us for it.

Things are happening they're just being deliberated properly

Sounds as if it's not the only thing going on.

Lets give them a chance, eh? The Peterborough game is going to be the focal point for any action so lets not string NUST up yet.

Surely therefore the more sensible option would have been to have made a post saying they are discussing the issue with many people and they will post more information on their plans once decisions have been made. A petition is a pointless waste of time and space.

Anyone living in Cramlington/Dudley/Seghill/Killingworth/Burradon area the NUST have one of there roadshows at the Pioneer club in Annitsford on Thursday night,  its free for anyone so get there and put any ideas you may have to them.

yeah i'm on their site now, just emailed them about anything that's going to happen

Looks like they have already come up with their idea it's wait for it wait for it.............................................................

A petition http://www.nust.org.uk/rename-petition

For f***s sake what's the point any more.

A post by Pud on Toontastic, directed at someone being a bipolar f***er.

Let's get something straight here, it's two days since the announcement was made. We've spoken to the press when asked and made it clear that the proposals are not welcomed.

There's no rush here, why dive in headfirst and make rash decisions without weighing up all the possible routes, the ramifications of each and deciding on a course of action that will be effective.

In the early days our big fault was that we didn't take time to plan and assess. We were rightly slaughtered for that, now we think about things sensibly and make proper informed decisions and you slag us for it.

Things are happening they're just being deliberated properly

Sounds as if it's not the only thing going on.

Lets give them a chance, eh? The Peterborough game is going to be the focal point for any action so lets not string NUST up yet.

Surely therefore the more sensible option would have been to have made a post saying they are discussing the issue with many people and they will post more information on their plans once decisions have been made. A petition is a pointless waste of time and space.

So a nothing statement saying "don't worry, we're planning and we'll tell you when it's sorted" would have placated you? I assumed the majority of supporters would've taken it as read that NUST are putting their heads together and coming up with something. It's not like they've sat on their hands in the past.

The petition isn't be all and end all so it's not worth getting working up about. It's a gesture if nothing else and as for saying it's a waste of "time and space" I highly doubt it's going to have a huge impact on the important stuff, such as settling the tab at the Irish Club.

A little bit of perspective, please.

Relegation was one of the biggest financial disasters that could've befallen him and this club yet rather than spend a couple of million pounds to cement our top flight status he sold two of our most important players and brought in two Championship players. Look at us now.

The man has no interest in spending money, he's a f***ing loon. The £20 million will go to servicing the debt or the overdraft he's been running this club on all summer, despite raking in cash from transfers (where did that money go, by the way?) You're a fool if you think he'll change now.

As i said, again - us not being promoted this season is far more realistic a prospect than it was for us to go down last season. Especially seeing as we did actually go down, he'll have a harder time being naive about the situation now. Hughton will be able to use that against him also. Who we brought in was down to the manager, Given wouldnt have gone had he not handed in a request & Nzogbia was moaning also at that point. Regardless our side had the quality to stay up last season with the players we had, it wasnt down to us having players that werent good enough it was down to those players performing like crap & at not even half of their best. I havent said anything about the 20mill hes putting in soon.

So a nothing statement saying "don't worry, we're planning and we'll tell you when it's sorted" would have placated you? I assumed the majority of supporters would've taken it as read that NUST are putting their heads together and coming up with something. It's not like they've sat on their hands in the past.

The petition isn't be all and end all so it's not worth getting working up about. It's a gesture if nothing else and as for saying it's a waste of "time and space" I highly doubt it's going to have a huge impact on the important stuff, such as settling the tab at the Irish Club.

A little bit of perspective, please.

Well I sure hope they do, do something cause it will be worth joining up with them just for that.

Jayson, I think your post is basically correct about Ashley still wanting to sell. The only part that's probably wrong is the bit about spending money in January... I see no reason to believe that he won't gamble on getting us up without spending, he's gambled on our future plenty of times before.

I agree. I think its quite obvious that he is running the club on the smallest budget possible....its wages for players and staff being pretty much the only money being spent by the club. While, at the same time, he's stuffing all the money from our till into his briefcase and getting ready to pull a legger.

So unless we're considerably adrift of the promotion places in the new year, I can't see him spending anything. I'd also be surprised if he wasn't tempted to shift one or two players for that extra bit of cash he desires....

Jesus....you almost have to give a resigned laugh to the fact that he would've made so much more money had he just given Keegan what he wanted.

If Ashley was as desperate to sell as people say, he wouldn't wait until we're back in the Premier League.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time. Because he's bitter, because it didn't work how he wanted it to. He wants revenge.

If Ashley was as desperate to sell as people say, he wouldn't wait until we're back in the Premier League.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time.

Couldn't of said it better myself.  :thup:

Its easier to believe your side will lose less games than other crap teams, than it is to think they're good enough to get more wins than others. Last season we could get wins/draws/loses whatever and still be in with a hope of avoiding relegation. This season, if we dont get wins for consistant periods of time we're likely going to fall out of it quite quickly. So theres far less room for acceptance of dodgy form & the end result becomes more obvious if it continues. I have a hard time believing anyone is stupid enough to not invest in a side who looks far worse than those pushing for promotion above them when so much money rides on it, even Ashley, even after everything. Last season again we were very unlucky often, so that helped the misguided belief that we were good enough to.

The man has no interest in spending money, he's a f***ing loon. The £20 million will go to servicing the debt or the overdraft he's been running this club on all summer, despite raking in cash from transfers (where did that money go, by the way?) You're a fool if you think he'll change now.

As i said, again - us not being promoted this season is far more realistic a prospect than it was for us to go down last season.

True, but only just

Especially seeing as we did actually go down, he'll have a harder time being naive about the situation now. Hughton will be able to use that against him also.

You really think so? He had numerous chances to rectify his errors last season but he still managed to make cackhanded decisions at every turn. There's being naive and then there's being a complete idiot and Ashley can only fall into the latter.

Hughton wont be able to use anything against Ashley as he's another yes man. He knows he's bloody lucky to get the job and he's not going to rock the boat.

Who we brought in was down to the manager, Given wouldnt have gone had he not handed in a request & Nzogbia was moaning also at that point.

Our transfers have never been down to the manager. Ashley calls the shots and he's admitted that's not going to change.

Regardless our side had the quality to stay up last season with the players we had, it wasnt down to us having players that werent good enough it was down to those players performing like crap & at not even half of their best. I havent said anything about the 20mill hes putting in soon.

Our side has the quality to get promoted but unfortunately the majority of our team is made up of players who played crap last season.

Fact is, he's despisable c*** who wants to drain as much money as he can out of Newcastle United, while destroying everything the club stands for at the same time.

Or maybe he's seen that theres very little interest at this current time & thinks that giving up for the time being and creating some stability for now will make it more likely he'll get more for us in the future ?

I dont buy the whole revenge thing, hes just an idiot most of the time.

You really think so? He had numerous chances to rectify his errors last season but he still managed to make cackhanded decisions at every turn. There's being naive and then there's being a complete idiot and Ashley can only fall into the latter.

Hughton wont be able to use anything against Ashley as he's another yes man. He knows he's bloody lucky to get the job and he's not going to rock the boat.

Our transfers have never been down to the manager. Ashley calls the shots and he's admitted that's not going to change.

Our side has the quality to get promoted but unfortunately the majority of our team is made up of players who played crap last season.

Well we've atleast brought in a few loans & i wouldnt expect him to buy players while the clubs up for sale. Hughton should also be less willing to kiss ass now expectation is on his shoulders & he actually has the job. Hes got what he wanted at this point.

Ashley controls the amount we spend, but hes not the one searching for players is he. The standard of players we find within a given budget is down to the manager, playing in the championship we shouldnt need that big a budget to find players who'll do a job anymore. Whether Hughton can find them is something else.

Or maybe he's seen that theres very little interest at this current time & thinks that giving up for the time being and creating some stability for now will make it more likely he'll get more for us in the future ?

He's absolutely reckless in everything he does. He doesn't give a shit if it effects us or the clubs long term future or not...

Guest Roger Kint

They were at first, unless Ashley himself handpicked Beye, Geremi, Smith, Faye, Enrique etc

Cant disagree with much else you said though :thup:

But that's the thing, if he really wanted out, it wouldn't matter how much money he got. You may disagree, but it's true. I've been deseperate to get rid of things in the past and I've sold them on for just pennies or whatever.

I didn't buy the revenge thing at first either, but it's looking more and more believable by the day. First he took away one of the things we held most dear to the club (i.e our Premiership status), he destroyed two of our greatest legends (Shearer and Keegan) and now he's going to rid us of a stadium name, which may be quite trivial but has been a part of this club for so many years. It just all points to a bitter, arrogant man.

We don't like him, we've made things as difficult as possible for him. He's a man that comes across as always getting what he wants and it's been far from the case at Newcastle and now he wants revenge for it.

just thought i would give you an update today, this is now becoming a joint protest with supportersforchange and toonultras

this will hopefully be taking place before the peterbrough match on the 7th november

http://www.supportersforchange.co.cc/

I hope the protest stays as far away from SJP as possible and allows the vast majority of us who just want to go to the match and support the team to do so peacefully. I'm sure Sky and the tabloids are licking their lips already in the hope of another Hull City "debacle".

P.S. The link doesn't work.

But that's the thing, if he really wanted out, it wouldn't matter how much money he got. You may disagree, but it's true. I've been deseperate to get rid of things in the past and I've sold them on for just pennies or whatever.

I didn't buy the revenge thing at first either, but it's looking more and more believable by the day. First he took away one of the things we held most dear to the club (i.e our Premiership status), he destroyed two of our greatest legends (Shearer and Keegan) and now he's going to rid us of a stadium name, which may be quite trivial but has been a part of this club for so many years. It just all points to a bitter, arrogant man.

We don't like him, we've made things as difficult as possible for him. He's a man that comes across as always getting what he wants and it's been far from the case at Newcastle and now he wants revenge for it.

He is that petty I'm sure! I've been saying it for ages ever since the Keegan fallout, that he took one look at us lot protesting and thought how dare they when I've saved their club.

And every decision to that point has proved what an utter cretin this guy is! After he appointed Shearer I thought the penny might have finally dropped, and that he may have thought, Right! Enough is enough lets all start pulling in the right direction, but what happened is what happens with all rich kids when they loose, they throw a tantrum and think i'm not playing anymore.

Ashley is a kneejerker without a doubt, and how would he react to having gate receipts plummet thus forcing his hand in his own pocket to cover the running costs and wages?

a) Sell to the first bidder?

b)Administration?

He'd choose (a) everytime!

Guest WashyGeordie

just thought i would give you an update today, this is now becoming a joint protest with supportersforchange and toonultras

this will hopefully be taking place before the peterbrough match on the 7th november

I'd like to add that NUST maybe in, aswell as other Newcastle forums, but our meeting with the NUST isn't until next week and the planning is still at an early stage atm.

I hope the protest stays as far away from SJP as possible and allows the vast majority of us who just want to go to the match and support the team to do so peacefully. I'm sure Sky and the tabloids are licking their lips already in the hope of another Hull City "debacle".

P.S. The link doesn't work.

Explain?