Reality check: just how good are these players?

TRon

Guest Roger Kint

Without being funny. How can we spend £10m on two players(assuming it would ever happen) and not be overpaid parasites? People in that price range rarely join Championship sides in January without hefty financial incentives tbh.

Zurab: Sh1te,

Harewood: Sh1te,

Butt: Sh1te,

Geremi: Sh1te,

Lovenkrands: Sh1ite,

Jonas: can't be arsed ergo sh1te

Barton: 'I'm a great player' but no-one understands me. Sh1te

I could go on but the good:gash ratio isnt looking too good as it is, is it?

Without being funny. How can we spend £10m on two players(assuming it would ever happen) and not be overpaid parasites? People in that price range rarely join Championship sides in January without hefty financial incentives tbh.

By targetting players who are doing well at their Championship clubs and in good form, or young players who can't quite get a game for Premier League clubs but have the ability to perform at this level.

We only have one winger. Any half-decent winger who can beat Championship defenders and put a ball in would be a massive help to us. I don't think we are very far from promotion-material via a top 2 spot, but equally we're not that far from struggling to make the playoffs. In short, there's a lot of dross and anyone with a bit of quality can stand out.

On paper at least this group of players should be good enough to win the Championship but as we're all to painfully aware it doesn't work like that. I think the quality is there but the players are failing to produce it.

A difference between the last few games and the matches at the start of the season is motivation. There were games we didn't deserve to win at the beginning but we came out of the dressing room looking up for the fight, now we're lucky if they've woken up by half time. The motivation of the players has visibly dropped, we're slipping in the gear we so often found last year and it isn't good enough.

For me the depth of the squad is poor. We lose Taylor, Smith or Ameobi and frankly the fill ins of Khiz, Butt or Harewood don't look good enough, not even at this level. However when you are low on numbers it is important you get your tactics spot on, something Hughton hasn't done. We've seen a switch to the long ball game, our best delivery of a ball in full back, a striker who can't play on the wing being played on the wing, central midfielders out wide, two big front men with no width. The list goes on.

I think we have a group of players not good enough for the Premier League but who should be finishing in the top two of this league. However what I think we need is a) A manager who can uncover the best of their abilities and stamp out complacency and; b) A bit of luck with injuries.

Is being Sh1ite worse than being Shite?

On paper at least this group of players should be good enough to win the Championship but as we're all to painfully aware it doesn't work like that. I think the quality is there but the players are failing to produce it.

A difference between the last few games and the matches at the start of the season is motivation. There were games we didn't deserve to win at the beginning but we came out of the dressing room looking up for the fight, now we're lucky if they've woken up by half time. The motivation of the players has visibly dropped, we're slipping in the gear we so often found last year and it isn't good enough.

For me the depth of the squad is poor. We lose Taylor, Smith or Ameobi and frankly the fill ins of Khiz, Butt or Harewood don't look good enough, not even at this level. However when you are low on numbers it is important you get your tactics spot on, something Hughton hasn't done. We've seen a switch to the long ball game, our best delivery of a ball in full back, a striker who can't play on the wing being played on the wing, central midfielders out wide, two big front men with no width. The list goes on.

I think we have a group of players not good enough for the Premier League but who should be finishing in the top two of this league. However what I think we need is a) A manager who can uncover the best of their abilities and stamp out complacency and; b) A bit of luck with injuries.

Spot on. But what manager could we possibly attract to work for Mike Ashley, an owner who clearly wants out, won't invest a penny on players and just told the media he will have the final say on player deals?

Is being Sh1ite worse than being s****?

Much worse. Even more so than being censored (not a criticism in the least  :razz):

harper - OK

simpson - on Loan

colo - Not suited to physical play

Staylor- OK

enrique- Best we have

raylor- Average at best - only skill is dead balls, has scored once

guthrie/nolan- OK(In this league)

smith - Wholehearted, but not going to create much

jonas - Not productive enough

lovenkrands - Free T; what more is to be said ?

ameobi - More false dawns than the Liberal Party

that 11 is good enough, look beyond that and theirs practically nothing. carrol and ranger are decent strickers, and geremi would be ok for a few games, but we simply dont have the strength in numbers or quality beyond the first team

That makes at least 6 players needed if promotion is achieved unless the team is to go straight back down, and even in this league only the midfield is up to the job apart from having no creativity.

Nowhere NEAR good enough....

I'd agree with that. I'd say Simpson is a good RB for this league and Colo has been ok when he plays. Midfield is terrible again, Smith is doing a good job in DM but there is nothing else positive I can take from midfield at the moment. Our fit strikers are not up to the job at the moment either. Ranger has potential but it's asking a lot for someone that young to score a few in this team. Carroll isn't a very good player and I don't think he ever will be imo. Harewood could be good if he scores one or two. Lovenkrands is gash, need Ameobi back asap.

Guest Michael F

Good 1st 11 (although Hughton never picks our best)

Good keepers, decent midfield, good back 4 (once 1 or 2 gets injured though we're fucked), and attack, well not enough goals in them. I expected more from Carroll and Lovenkrands