Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

f*** me! Half you muppets have a go at people annoyed about their stadium being made to look horrific with the mantra "just support the team" then go on about how you can't get the f***ing internet while at the f***ing ground!

;D

The truth is The Fat Cockney b****** is pissing all over the clubs history.

how ?

We have a good modern stadium which has been on the same site for generations.

It means something to people its a real landmark for the city and to have it turned into a glorified advertising hoarding for Ashleys cheap and tacky supplier to the charva nation is pissing on the clubs history.

so it's really about who is doing the advertising rather than the idea of the advertising in itself ?

No not really.  You keep pushing this angle.  I would be just annoyed if TESCO was painted on the roof.

so why are you so bothered about it being painted on the roof, i've rode past it twice today and couldn't see it and i don't think it'll be visible to away fans entering the city by train or over the redheugh bridge. pretty much the only ones who'll see it are those in the ground....just like the pitch surround advertising.

I think it's quite clear that to many people in this thread, they feel like their beloved stadium has been violated and want to protect its wellbeing ...in much the same way as a father will wish to do the same for his daughter, and is unlikely to approve of his daughter's boyfriend making her wear trampy clothing and act like a whore...

I'm not one of those people, by the way. :dontknow:

You might be so smug about this, but why not just accept that to some people this is going too far, for obvious reasons? If your not bothered by it then fair do's, everyone has their own opinion, but again, why you'd be confused at the concept of people not liking it I dont know.

f*** me! Half you muppets have a go at people annoyed about their stadium being made to look horrific with the mantra "just support the team" then go on about how you can't get the f***ing internet while at the f***ing ground!

;D

how ?

It means something to people its a real landmark for the city and to have it turned into a glorified advertising hoarding for Ashleys cheap and tacky supplier to the charva nation is pissing on the clubs history.

You are totally overreacting !

He's posting on NO - it's almost compulsory.

;D

The truth is The Fat Cockney Bastard is pissing all over the clubs history.

So Fuck.

;D

how ?

so it's really about who is doing the advertising rather than the idea of the advertising in itself ?

No not really.  You keep pushing this angle.  I would be just annoyed if TESCO was painted on the roof.

so why are you so bothered about it being painted on the roof, i've rode past it twice today and couldn't see it and i don't think it'll be visible to away fans entering the city by train or over the redheugh bridge. pretty much the only ones who'll see it are those in the ground....just like the pitch surround advertising.

I think it's quite clear that to many people in this thread, they feel like their beloved stadium has been violated and want to protect its wellbeing ...in much the same way as a father will wish to do the same for his daughter, and is unlikely to approve of his daughter's boyfriend making her wear trampy clothing and act like a whore...

You might be so smug about this, but why not just accept that to some people this is going too far, for obvious reasons? If your not bothered by it then fair do's, everyone has their own opinion, but again, why you'd be confused at the concept of people not liking it I dont know.

I don't think I'm being "smug" about this, I don't see how you've come to that conclusion. :undecided: I am however a bit more "hmm...whatever" than many other people in this thread are being about it, not because I don't care, more because I'm bemused that if as it seems, quite so many people are so massively offended by it (and you know, fair dos if they are, OK), but there's no sign of them actually doing anything about it - other than puerile chants on match days which contribute to a shite atmosphere that more likely than not then rubs off on player morale.

but there's no sign of them actually doing anything about it - other than puerile chants on match days .

There is not as many people doing those chants as before at SJP. The Ashley effect has made people jack in going to the games with all the negative shit that has happened during his tenure. I know your not a regular at SJP but the chants were dying down but this fucker then inflames it with this shit. I am not sure who is doing the PR for the club but fuck me Gerald Ratner would be a better go to guy than the current company/person doing it.

but there's no sign of them actually doing anything about it - other than puerile chants on match days .

There is not as many people doing those chants as before at SJP. The Ashley effect has made people jack in going to the games with all the negative shit that has happened during his tenure. I know your not a regular at SJP but the chants were dying down but this fucker then inflames it with this shit. I am not sure who is doing the PR for the club but fuck me Gerald Ratner would be a better go to guy than the current company/person doing it.

Aye fair point mate. Put like that I suppose I can relate to it a bit better.

;D

how ?

I don't think I'm being "smug" about this, I don't see how you've come to that conclusion. :undecided: I am however a bit more "hmm...whatever" than many other people in this thread are being about it, not because I don't care, more because I'm bemused that if as it seems, quite so many people are so massively offended by it (and you know, fair dos if they are, OK), but there's no sign of them actually doing anything about it - other than puerile chants on match days which contribute to a s**** atmosphere that more likely than not then rubs off on player morale.

Sorry I got the wrong impression, I just dont think having the roof covered like that (with more to come) respects the prestige of SJP at all, the man has zero respect for nufc and the fans. And I think the money is irrelevant - at what point do you draw the line and say not everything has a price. Even if you were willing to let SJP be trodden on like this in return for money, I doubt we would gain any substantial income from a sponership deal like this anyway, and even then I dont believe Ashley when he says he says any of the income would go into the team, because lies is just normal PR to him.

To be honest. Those ones are not that bad. It's just the horrible fucking one I have blaring in my eyes at every home game that has boiled my piss.

Still not sure if wor Jackie would agree with his name being associated with puma and sports direct like.

Those fucking PUMA and Northern Rock flags  - what the fuck are they doing on our beautiful stadium? Bloody eyesore ruining my view over the toon and quayside. Someone burn them down.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Those fucking PUMA and Northern Rock flags  - what the fuck are they doing on our beautiful stadium? Bloody eyesore ruining my view over the toon and quayside. Someone burn them down.

:lol:

;D

how ?

It looks horrendous and it only angers the fans.  And like you say, if 99% of the people of Newcastle cant see it (except fans on match day who it fucking annoys to death)  WHY FUCKING PUT IT UP THERE THEN!?!?!?!!?

Seems a shit argument really.

And way to go to annoy your customers.

And way to go to annoy your customers.

unfortunately NUFC 'customers' have already proven to MA that it'll take a fucksite more than this to dissaude them from coming to the match

i agree with madras in the sense that at least it's not visible coming over the bridges or owt like that, could have been worse

most annoying part for me is the clubs likely getting nowt for it

In a time when football is just a massive cash cow, you all wanna be thankful its taken THIS long for something like these signs to happen.

Just the next step in a long line of events that first saw our famous stadium defiled by perimiter advertising (it didn't exist a while ago) and then our even more famous strip emblazoned with a sponsors logo and then football selling it's soul to Sky TV.

Those things probably had a greater impact and visibility than the new roof top signs which must have been put there to impress the sea gulls and the occasional passing 737.

So if its not visible, why plonk it on the roof???

Surely if you want to advertise space you would have the space visible to a large part of the city??

would that have obtained planning permissions for that though, something that would dominate the skyline of the 'whole' city?  doubt it

no different from advertising hoardings at the side of the ground, only the people in the ground and on tv can see them, that points already been made

In a time when football is just a massive cash cow, you all wanna be thankful its taken THIS long for something like these signs to happen.

Just the next step in a long line of events that first saw our famous stadium defiled by perimiter advertising (it didn't exist a while ago) and then our even more famous strip emblazoned with a sponsors logo and then football selling it's soul to Sky TV.

And where would we be if we hadnt sold our soul? Administration probably.

I thought it was SJH who sould his sole [/neesy] to MA, not the fans?

My point (if it can be called that) was more collective, the game in general rather than us specifically, but I know what you mean.

It's a competitive business and as soon as one club comes up with a a new revenue stream idea it's pretty certain the rest will follow.

So if its not visible, why plonk it on the roof???

Surely if you want to advertise space you would have the space visible to a large part of the city??

Its simply a publicity stunt to get the company name out there. It may look s**** and piss many people off, and even though it is placed on top of the roof out of sight bar one day a fortnight, it has gained both local and national news columns ... let alone 50+ pages on here. Its the same as Big Brother placing total fuckwits into the house or the judges picking people like Jedward on X-Factor, if you get people talking about it, your promotion has worked.

Yup - no such thing as 'bad publicity'.

I reckon he's done this for two reasons - because he can and also to antagonize the supporters who have given him so much grief over the last 2 years. Why put it on the Gallowgate? Because everyone in Level 7 can see it - that's why.