Sports Direct

Guest neesy111
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Or he could cut his losses, stop throwing more money at us...

Then it's either administration or he sells up what it'll go to eventually.  It'd be in Ashley's best interests to sell the club for a whole number of reasons.

If he sells on cheap though we could end up with any Tom, Dick or Harry. I can think of only Chelsea where a Premier League club was sold on cheap and came out better for it.

I've heard this argument before- that if we were sold for less we'd potentially end up with a worse owner. This is flawed on the basis that it assumed an owner's job is to pump in cash and the fact that £50m less spent on the club is £50m that could be invested in it.

We're busy reaping the wonderful benefits of someone hideously overpaying in the first place, so I find it staggering that anyone takes this angle.

Also, Ashley's business model is such that even if he can't sell, he'll simply let the fans gradually pay him back the investment by persistently turning up. His business model is built around the concept that he could do your gran up the arse and you'd still be there at five to three on saturday. So far, that part is working pretty well.

If he sells on cheap though we could end up with any Tom, Dick or Harry. I can think of only Chelsea where a Premier League club was sold on cheap and came out better for it.

I've heard this argument before- that if we were sold for less we'd potentially end up with a worse owner. This is flawed on the basis that it assumed an owner's job is to pump in cash and the fact that £50m less spent on the club is £50m that could be invested in it.

We're busy reaping the wonderful benefits of someone hideously overpaying in the first place, so I find it staggering that anyone takes this angle.

Also, Ashley's business model is such that even if he can't sell, he'll simply let the fans gradually pay him back the investment by persistently turning up. His business model is built around the concept that he could do your gran up the arse and you'd still be there at five to three on saturday. So far, that part is working pretty well.

Tbf, have a look around; Birmingham, Blackburn, Pompey etc.

I just feel that we're more likely to be sold if things continue as they are and with us sound financially and ticking over nicely in the Premier League. If the money from sponsors, TV, Carroll, etc. is readily available to be spent as a lot of people seem to say on here, then surely an investor will come in, pay the going rate for us, and happily spend that without much of their own money from the outside. My worry with us going on the cheap though is that they'll get it cheap because they'll realise that the money isn't necessarily there and they'll have to put a lot of their own money in, something which would be a gamble relying upon.

Glazers, Hicks & Gillett and our very own Mikey boy.....

A low asking price won't save us from a bad owner, but it good make a good owner an even better one.

Glazers, Hicks & Gillett and our very own Mikey boy.....

A low asking price won't save us from a bad owner, but it good make a good owner an even better one.

The Glazers wont, and the Yanks didn't, sell their clubs on the cheap.

I just feel that we're more likely to be sold if things continue as they are and with us sound financially and ticking over nicely in the Premier League. If the money from sponsors, TV, Carroll, etc. is readily available to be spent as a lot of people seem to say on here, then surely an investor will come in, pay the going rate for us, and happily spend that without much of their own money from the outside. My worry with us going on the cheap though is that they'll get it cheap because they'll realise that the money isn't necessarily there and they'll have to put a lot of their own money in, something which would be a gamble relying upon.

Thing is, as a business, this club is only worth what it can make. And it has never made much, so anyone buying it is unlikely to be doing so for the business rationale. There are easier ways to make money. That's why football clubs are impossible to value- it's a case of how much is someone going to pay for the fact they actually own a club- and that could be any amount of money- there is no 'going rate'.

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

Think no one accept it and are happy.

But what to do?

Ignore this thread until we get some sort of indication that this might be happening imo

The thought of this is making me feel ill. Why do people continue to accept this?  :no:

get a life man.

Eh?

You must have nowt in your life if the thought of an advertising sign is making you ill.

Better and more important things to worry about than a sign that has no effect on anything.

get a life man.

The thought of part of our club's heritage being replced by tacky shit is a bit of a deal to us, 'man'.

Bollocks man, it's a rumour about a plastic sign ffs.

get a life man.

The thought of part of our club's heritage being replced by tacky shit is a bit of a deal to us, 'man'.

That is broadcast around the world and one of the first things you notice inside SJP, 'man'.

get a life man.

That is broadcast around the world and one of the first things you notice inside SJP, 'man'.

It's irrelavent to both what happens on the pitch and what happens in peoples lives.

It's an advertising hoarding and nothing more.

Why people are worrying themselves sick about it is beyond me.