Robert Enke

Liam Liam Liam O

feel sorry for his missus really. it must take balls to hoy yourself in front of a train so i wont call him a coward, but its harsh on the ones he left behind - especially the adopted replacement daughter.

Shame he couldn't be strong for them.

As for bringing up soldiers deaths in comparison is nothing short of retarded; this is a football forum, no explanation is necessary.  :idiot2:

That's why I specifically mentioned General Chat.

Let it go.

How about not mentioning it in the 1st place.

TBF you cannot moan about letting it go after making such a daft comment.

feel sorry for his missus really. it must take balls to hoy yourself in front of a train so i wont call him a coward, but its harsh on the ones he left behind - especially the adopted replacement daughter.

As for bringing up soldiers deaths in comparison is nothing short of retarded; this is a football forum, no explanation is necessary.  :idiot2:

Let it go.

I don't find it daft at all. I just find it strange how people mourn a footballer but fail to mourn our friends and families who fight a war which isn't theirs. And yes, I do have friends fighting in Afghanistan, so yes, I might take this more personally than you.

I said let it go because my comment was well over 12 hours before you had to chime in, when other people had got the conversation back on track. However, you've now let it turn into a debate it shouldn't have. Well done.

Let it go.

I don't find it daft at all. I just find it strange how people mourn a footballer but fail to mourn our friends and families who fight a war which isn't theirs. And yes, I do have friends fighting in Afghanistan, so yes, I might take this more personally than you.

I said let it go because my comment was well over 12 hours before you had to chime in, when other people had got the conversation back on track. However, you've now let it turn into a debate it shouldn't have. Well done.

If you rephrase Stalin's quote: "You kill one person its a tragedy, you kill ten thousand people it`s a statistic." into "If one person dies its a tragedy, if ten thousand people die it's a statistic." it kind of makes the point.

Also with the press putting a face and story to the one dying, it makes it different. You get a feeling of "relating". If you hear on the news "Twenty soldiers killed in Afghanistan", you think "Oh, shame. Damn terrorists." Then again, if you got the back story of one of the twenty dead, you'd for some reason feel different about it.

Let it go.

I cannot help that i am not on here 24/7 and able to comment on stupid posts instantaneously. I've got friends over there too, but know the difference between a football forum and a current affairs forum, it's not too difficult to distinguish, but I can see why you had trouble doing so.

End of the day, your fault for talking shite, not mine for commenting on it. I didn't even bother directly quoting you, that's how much i chimed in.

If you are so concerned about Afgan and the troops, you know where general chat is; make a thread.  :thup:

Let it go.

I cannot help that i am not on here 24/7 and able to comment on stupid posts instantaneously. I've got friends over there too, but know the difference between a football forum and a current affairs forum, it's not too difficult to distinguish, but I can see why you had trouble doing so.

End of the day, your fault for talking shite, not mine for commenting on it. I didn't even bother directly quoting you, that's how much i chimed in.

If you are so concerned about Afgan and the troops, you know where general chat is; make a thread.  :thup:

I wasn't going to keep this going, but you're forcing it :D

My initial comment was I find these kinds of threads strange. That's my opinion, something which the forum is for, no? The fact you think it's a daft comment doesn't actually make it a daft comment.

They had a memorial service/wake for him in the stadium yesterday, with the coffin in the middle of the pitch as far as I could tell. The stadium looked packed, and it was live on about 6 TV channels. His suicide is such a massive deal over here.