London Mags: Pint for £2 if you wear a toon top

Guest saintscoobz

The Cock and Lion has been building up for a few years now, and there's always a decent turn out on match days (packed for the big games). It can be a bit quieter for midweek games but there'll still be plenty there to cheer on the lads.

The biggie for me is: will they show Newcastle even if Arsenal / Spurs etc are on at the same time? The answer is yes.

Well I think Cock and Lion it is then. I presume it has a good crowd of Newcastle fans in there for live matches anyway but a little unofficial N-O gathering couldn't hurt. I'll be there, guess you have to get in early to get a good spot so about 1.30 in the afternoon sounds good to me.

1.30, the match don't kick off till 7:45 haha

And your point is?

:drink:

Think i'd rather not watch a match than watch it with the London Mags. Arseholes.

must not be a real fan then. Id rather watch the match with you than not at all

Aye ok then.

Guest neesy111

I'm definitely going to be there. Look for the tall, fat, bespectacled bloke drinking the cider.

I'll be the one in a Newcastle shirt. Fnar Fnar.

haha, i'll look out for ya

i'll be there in my work suit haha

Was debating it as I am currently sat a matter of yards away, however I am watching it with a Forest fan and think I will do so in the solitude of my flat. The lads down there are always good craic, although I tended to see most of them down the Famous Three Kings - hopefully will again if we get promoted (they show any game provided there is a live feed for it somewhere in the world, which tended to be the case when we were in the Premier and sadly is no longer)

Went here last night. Nice pub, good interior and that. Friendly staff and the rumour of £2 a pint if you're in a toon top is true. Not many geordies in last night though. I'd definitely consider going again but it'd be nice if there were more toon fans. Thanks to the OPer for the heads up. Just moved down here so it's nice to not feel totally alone.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Schmocky

The Barley Mow still exists but is just another London boozer after John and Mary left in 2007 (I think). The London Mags organised a similar arrangement with the Cock and Lion on Wigmore Street, close to Bond Street tube but the other side of Oxford St. It's a bit small, especially for the bigger games. Serves a purpose but lacks something IMO.

Me auntie and uncle, used to love going in there for the match when My dad lived down london.