Hypothetical "you're the manager" type thread

The Prophet

..............................Harper.........................

Simpson.......Campbell..........Taylor...........Jose

Cleverley....MBai..........Guthrie...........Jonas

..................Vela...............Ameobi................

Smith

Nolan

Ranger

Loven

Taylor

Pancrate

Krul

Sales

Colo 5m

Carroll 3m

Incoming

MBai - 7mil

Vela - 7mil

Cleverley - 4mil

Should be enough to keep us up but it will be tight!

I think it is going to take 30mil + player sales to guarantee safety!

Sorry mate but.....

:lol:

Doubts for the prem, Simpson, Smith, Nolan & maybe Colo. Then most of the strikeforce apart from perhaps loven.

Reckon the rest of the team would survive. Think last season was more down to confidence levels than ability in general anyway. Even Ameobi with a good season down here & the fans backing might make a step up in his prem performances. Is very much a confidence player.

Taylor and Campbell would get anihilated in the premiership tbh. Vela and Ameobi? Guthrie and Mbia? Cleverly and Jonas as wingers?

We'd finish on 10 points.

I think you're seriously over-estimating some of the dross in the Premier League then, because that's no worse than the likes of Burnley, Bolton, Hull, Wolves, etc. Of course we'd struggle, but to say something like that is a bit daft.

Taylor and Campbell would get anihilated in the premiership tbh. Vela and Ameobi? Guthrie and Mbia? Cleverly and Jonas as wingers?

We'd finish on 10 points.

I think you're seriously over-estimating some of the dross in the Premier League then, because that's no worse than the likes of Burnley, Bolton, Hull, Wolves, etc. Of course we'd struggle, but to say something like that is a bit daft.

Come on man, Gutrie and Mbia would create pretty much fuck all and Vela and Shola might score 15 between them if we're lucky.

Guest Heneage

Sell; Nolan 3m, Smith 3m, Xisco 2.5m, Geremi 500k, Ameobi 2.5m, Ryan Taylor 2.5m

Release; Butt, Harewood, Zurab,

Sign Simpson (Free), Cleverly (Free), Hrediasson (Free), Prince Boateng 4.5m, Dos Santos 2.5m, Milijas 3m, Kightly 2.5m Mendy 1m, Amrabat 4m De Zeeuw 5m, O'hara (Loan)

Squad of.

Harper

Krul

Foster

Simpson

Mendy

Hrediasson

Taylor

Coloccini

Enrique

Kadar

Cleverly

Prince Boateng

Amrabat

De Zeeuw

O'Hara

Jonas

Milijas

Guthrie

Kightly

Dos Santos

Loven

Carroll

Pancrate

Line up of.

Harper

Simpson      Taylor     Colo      Enrique

De Zeeuw

Boateng      Milijas

Amrabat                                Jonas

Carroll.

Krul

Mendy

Hreidasson

Guthrie

Kightly

Loven

O'hara

The summer transfer window will make or break Hughton. Good managers can build solid, safe Premiership teams on a shoe-string budget.

There's a handful of players in our squad who are good enough for the Premier League. For instance, i wouldn't make any radical changes to the back five unless someone of genuine quality (in our price range, obvs) became available. I'd be happy going into the season with Harper/Simpson/Taylor/Colo/Enrique as our first choice defense.

If the target is to simply stay up, we need about four much improved players across the front six, i'd say (jury's out on Pancrate atm). Probably a couple centre-mids, a winger and a striker. Given that the only football i've watched this season has been from my seat at SJP - bar the occassional torture of the FLS - i wouldn't even try to predict some signings, or even throw any names into the hat. But that's Hughton's job anyway and it's touch and go as to whether or not he's up to it. I'm not expecting much.

The realistic target would be simply to stay up.

Promoted sides which have stayed up in recent seasons

2005/2006 - Wigan, West Ham

2006/2008 - Reading, (Sheffield)

2007/2008 - Sunderland

2008/2009 - Hull, Stoke

I am lazy to dig further, and I know the pool size is too small to be meaningful. However I believe from my experience that the best way to survive a relegation scalp is to have a large pool of players, and a solid back 5. With all the players come the dead woods and toss. However we could also sift out quality players by probability. A good manager with a good eye for player will do well here. Concentrate on loans, discarded quality players, players with potential etc.

BTW Kezman Simpson isn't free, Prince Boateng will cost more than 4.5m, Dos Santos more than 2.5m, Milijas will cost more than 3m, the rest I am unsure.

We need to offload Harper. He's good at this level but we need something better and that can get better, Krul's not ready. I'd got for Joe Hart, no doubt Citeh will be signing new keepers in the summer (prays; fuk you Judas Given) and Hart will be pushed out. Think he's got potential.

Simpson looks canny, is he free or do we have to pay a fee? Reckon the latter unless he's 24 comes 1st July.

We'd also need another RB of similar standing, i have no idea who. Maybe get Beye back on the cheap? They didn't pay that much for him anyway, cheeky mill bid.

Enrique is solid so keep, though i'd like competition, either young English like Joe Mattock or experienced free like i don't know who.

Sell Colo if we can get £5m+, if not keep him, looks like he's settling. Again bring in some free players. Kilgallon is free end of season if he hasn't moved, maybe pick up an old experienced defender from Italy so we have 4 competitive CB's.

Release Butt & Geremi, and bring in two full out defensive mids, maybe one English youngster and an experienced but physically strong, tall and pacey foreigner.

That would be a solid defensive unit going in to the new prem season,  loan some young attacking talent since high quality will be out of our price range, Vela is highly rated, no way Arsenal will sell him but might go for a loan, should partner Shola well, last addition Andrew Driver from Hearts.

Guest Heneage

The realistic target would be simply to stay up.

Promoted sides which have stayed up in recent seasons

2005/2006 - Wigan, West Ham

2006/2008 - Reading, (Sheffield)

2007/2008 - Sunderland

2008/2009 - Hull, Stoke

I am lazy to dig further, and I know the pool size is too small to be meaningful. However I believe from my experience that the best way to survive a relegation scalp is to have a large pool of players, and a solid back 5. With all the players come the dead woods and toss. However we could also sift out quality players by probability. A good manager with a good eye for player will do well here. Concentrate on loans, discarded quality players, players with potential etc.

BTW Kezman Simpson isn't free, Prince Boateng will cost more than 4.5m, Dos Santos more than 2.5m, Milijas will cost more than 3m, the rest I am unsure.

How do you know that sorry? Pompey are fucked financially, Tottenham don't seem too fussed about Dos Santos and Wolves look strong relegation candidates.

Should already be looking @ Bosmans and such like in real life nevermind hypothetically. I´m sure there´d be a few a decent players available.

Get rid of Butt,Geremi for sure as they´re past it. Squad would be too small to get rid of others.

Andrew Driver is a good shout although wouldn´t come cheap.

How do you know that sorry? Pompey are f***ed financially, Tottenham don't seem too fussed about Dos Santos and Wolves look strong relegation candidates.

Common sense.

Prince Boateng and Dos Santos aren't nobody. They were well reputed - it is unlikely they will be cheaply available to raiders.

Wolves purchased Milijas for undisclosed fee which was estimated by press to be 3M. I don't think Wolves will be happy to sell Milijas without any profit. And Milijas has made his name in the Premiership - so he won't be cheap.

eden hazard, 12m

guthrie out, - 3-4m

fridge (caicedo) in loan

Lee stewart sell sell sell - 2-3m

Mikel San Jose or Kelly Mavinga (sp?) Loan from scousers,

Entend loan of Simpson,

Get some bosmans, fill up that bench. I'd like to see Guthrie down the middle much more often but on the sides he's not cutting it for me at the moment, and as for Carrol it's all good making intelligent passes and being tall but it's about the goal tally for me and now we've eventually got two wingers (  :-X ) he needs to be putting them in the goal.

Guest Heneage

How do you know that sorry? Pompey are f***ed financially, Tottenham don't seem too fussed about Dos Santos and Wolves look strong relegation candidates.

Common sense.

Prince Boateng and Dos Santos aren't nobody. They were well reputed - it is unlikely they will be cheaply available to raiders.

Wolves purchased Milijas for undisclosed fee which was estimated by press to be 3M. I don't think Wolves will be happy to sell Milijas without any profit. And Milijas has made his name in the Premiership - so he won't be cheap.

Prince Boateng is not well reputed. And Dos Santos has had a major fall and I bet will be on big wages at Spurs. Portsmouth are in major financial shite, they aren't in much of a position to bargain, and Wolves will go down I bet the lad has a clause in his contract should they go down.

Prince Boateng is not well reputed. And Dos Santos has had a major fall and I bet will be on big wages at Spurs. Portsmouth are in major financial s****, they aren't in much of a position to bargain, and Wolves will go down I bet the lad has a clause in his contract should they go down.

Spurs never sell player cheaply. Crouch, Defoe, Johnson didn't go cheaply despite Portsmouth being financially fucked. Milijas may have a clause in his contract, it means he can go, but dones't mean he will go cheaply.

But whatever.

Guest Heneage

Prince Boateng is not well reputed. And Dos Santos has had a major fall and I bet will be on big wages at Spurs. Portsmouth are in major financial s****, they aren't in much of a position to bargain, and Wolves will go down I bet the lad has a clause in his contract should they go down.

Spurs never sell player cheaply. Crouch, Defoe, Johnson didn't go cheaply despite Portsmouth being financially f***ed. Milijas may have a clause in his contract, it means he can go, but dones't mean he will go cheaply.

But whatever.

Mate they could afford to pay wages under Gaydamek, they can't right now.

Guest Roger Kint

assuming we have survived Jan window and already bought Simpson for £500k or so.

Have a look at players with pace and energy as we wont be able to afford much in terms of quality. Teams like Korea, the African nations etc at the World Cup must have plenty of these types, our midfield needs a few athletes.

Sell or at least try desperately to offloan two of: Nolan, Barton, Smith, Raylor, Ameobi

Willing to listen to offers on: Colo, Guthrie if we have to

Loans:

Wiltshire(has just spoken of getting regular football at another Premier team so next season could be a shot for us.

Onouha, Weiss, Bojinov, Petrov, Garrido etc may well be available to fill out a squad depending on how many we can have or indeed buy cheap.

Inter - Try maybe Krhin or Obinna for a year?

Bosmans: Cleverley, David Suazo and whoever else is available, sure there a list i will look for.

Buy: Depending on price/scouting - Annan/Adiyiah from Ghana(Norway guys could tell more about them?) maybe Sapara or the dreaded PCS?

Guest Roger Kint

How many times. :lol:

Premier League rules allow you ONE loan from a fellow team in the league.

Its a list of suggestions followed by the words 'or indeed buy cheap'

How many times will you fail to read what people post before making an arse of yourself? ;D

Guest Heneage

How many times. :lol:

Premier League rules allow you ONE loan from a fellow team in the league.

You can also loan players from other countries but Im not sure if theres a limit.

I think, stress think before Midds  comes in to post contradcitory, it's like 4-5 long term loans which is 6 months plus, and 6  1-3 month loans.

Alright, here goes:

Out

Barton - £2.5m

Collicini - £6m

Butt - release

Geremi - release

Guthrie - £3m

Jonas - £5m

In

Gamst Pedersen - free

Seb Larsson - free

Aidan McGeady - £6m