Hypothetical "you're the manager" type thread

The Prophet

Collicini - £6m

:lol:

Even if he went for £3m my signings would still work. I don't actually think it's that unrealistic given his age, status as an Argentine international and the way he's played this season. What do you reckon we could get for him?

Collicini - £6m

Even if he went for £3m my signings would still work. I don't actually think it's that unrealistic given his age, status as an Argentine international and the way he's played this season. What do you reckon we could get for him?

I'm laughing of how you spell his name!  O0

Collicini - £6m

I'm laughing of how you spell his name!  O0

Ahh, I see. In my defence I was typing quickly

David Wheater? Are you all on glue or what?

Attainable

Affordable

Young

Plays with Steven Taylor for the U21s

Premier League experience

He's not the best defender in the world but he's probably about as good as we could get

Guest Heneage

I know it's a horrendously unrealistic dream, but I'd quite like us to take a gamble on some  young exciting players. Nordin Amrabat for one, he looked a real danger against us in last years friendly and has done well for PSV.

As for Wheater and Johnson good luck getting Boro to sell to a 'Fierce Rival'.

Attainable

Affordable

Young

He's not the best defender in the world but he's probably about as good as we could get

We've got a mid-table premiership defence right now, we need to do eveything we can to build a good side in front of it. And not add championship standard cloggers like David Wheater.

Attainable

Affordable

Young

We've got a mid-table premiership defence right now, we need to do eveything we can to build a good side in front of it. And not add championship standard cloggers like David Wheater.

Actually we have a relegation fodder premier league defence, as highlighted last season. Coloccini cannot defend against pacey strikers and virtually every team in the Prem has at least one. We need to replace him with someone more suited to the league. Once we've done that we'll have a mid-table premier league defence.

And you choose David Wheater - who's considerably slower than Coloccini? :lol:

Taylor struggles with pacey strikers, always has done - that's him off aswell then. John Terry used to have a torrid time with them, still does every now and then, but he's found a way around it.

Out

Collocini 6 Mill

Jonas 6 Mill

Nolan 5 Mill

Xisco 1 Mill

Shola 1 Mill

Geremi, Butt, Baheng - Not renewed

In

Simpson- 500K In Jan

Cleverly - 500K In Jan

Skjelbred - 3 Mill

R. Lewandowski - 5 Mill

E. Huseklepp - 3 Mill

S Larsson - Free

G Cahill - 9 mill

M Kilgallon - 2 mill

G Bale 7 mill

Keepers

Harper

Krul

Forster

Right Back:

R Taylor

Simpson

Left Back:

Enrique

Bale

Kadar

Centre Back:

S Taylor

Cahill

Kilgallon

Kadar

Right Midfield

S Larsson

F Pancrate

Cleverly

R Taylor

Left Midfield

Cleverly

Bale

Lovenkrands

Centre Mids

Smith

Barton

Guthrie

Skjelbred

Strikers

Lovenkrands

Huseklepp

Lewandowski

Carroll

Ranger

Bit weak on the left side. Was thinking a loan deal for either O'hara or Merida? Adam Hlousek from Czech could be an option also...

£9m on a central defender with one good season on his CV?

The defence is fine, it's all about improving the midfield and attack.

I'm struggling to think of a player with Premier League experience with talent who would realistically sign for us. Taking Collocini into the Premier League next season would be a huge risk imo. Though I think he will leave in January anyway.

I'm struggling to think of a player with Premier League experience with talent who would realistically sign for us. Taking Collocini into the Premier League next season would be a huge risk imo. Though I think he will leave in January anyway.

We bought Abdoulaye Faye for £2.5M - so it can be done.

Ryan Shawcross would be a good investment - however I doubt he will be cheap.

In the past young top Championship centre backs always seem to do decently in the Premiership.

Phil Jagielka, Joleon Lescott, Scott Dann, Roger Johnson, Curtis Davies, Danny Gabbidon, Michael Dawson are all living proves

Richard Stearman should be decent - but Mick M prefers Jody Craddock.

Ibrahima Sonko I thought he is Okayish

Tom Huddlestone flourishes in a different role

Darren Moore, Gary Breen, Malky Mackay were not young enough.

Fitz Hall, Danny Shittu are the obvious failures.

Steven Taylor will do very fine int he Premiership next year. And Collocini would have improved. I just do not think that we need to spend 9M on a central defender. We cn't afford to concentrate so much on just 1 player anywqay.

Bentley would be a mint signing for whoever catches him, the times I have seen him for Tottenham is obvious that he still has one of the best right foots in the league. Needs good managing to keep him on his tracks, though.

Reckon Spurs would never let him go for less than 7-8 unless things went really bad with him.

Bentley would be a mint signing for whoever catches him, the times I have seen him for Tottenham is obvious that he still has one of the best right foots in the league. Needs good managing to keep him on his tracks, though.

Reckon Spurs would never let him go for less than 7-8 unless things went really bad with him.

Spurs never sell on the cheap, but he's still got the talent in there somewhere. He'd be a fantastic signing for us if we could get him for £5m imo, can't see it happeneing though. There'd be competition if it was at that price and I've no doubt he'll want big wages.

Guest Heneage

£4M for David Bentley :lol:

David Wheater :lol:

Adam Johnson :lol:

£12M on Eden Hazard :lol:

Aiden McGeady :lol:

Gary Cahill :lol:

£7M for Vela :lol:

Dos Santo for £2.5M :lol:

Gabriel Obertan :lol:

This thread.  :slowclap:

Will bet you now he goes for that or not much more. They only paid just under 5 man.