(Not) A Tad Churlish.

Crumpy Gunt

Horrible? Pulis is a very good manager imo.
Agree.

Tony Pulis very good ? I guess it all boils down to semantic.

Personally, when I look at the premiership table :

Carlo Ancelotti, Alex Ferguson, Rafael Benitez, Arsene Wenger - excellent

Martin O'Neill, Mark Hughes, David Moyes, Harry Redknappe, Sam Allardyce, Roy Hodgson - Very good

Steve Bruce, Alan Curbishley - Good

Tony Pulis, Owen Coyle, Roberto Martinez - unproven but seems good

Phil Brown, Mick McCarthy,  - not so good

Gary Megson - Rubbish

Gianfranco Zola, Amvan Grant - not sure

Allardyce is a shit manager. Hughton would have every chance of putting out a side which would take something from Bolton. Likewise, Megson, Pulis, Zola, Coyle, and Mick Mcarthy are all equally mediocre no marks. When we upgrade from Hughton the problem will be identifying someone who will make a positive difference not just come in on a bigger wage and do an even worse job....which a lot of managers are quite capable of as we should know with our disastrous history of appointments.

Allardyce is a s*** manager. Hughton would have every chance of putting out a side which would take something from Bolton. Likewise, Megson, Pulis, Zola, Coyle, and Mick Mcarthy are all equally mediocre no marks. When we upgrade from Hughton the problem will be identifying someone who will make a positive difference not just come in on a bigger wage and do an even worse job....which a lot of managers are quite capable of as we should know with our disastrous history of appointments.

Allardyce is not a shite manager - his achievement during his Bolton stint is very impressive and Blackburn are now at 12th position in the premiership with nearly half the season gone and spending very little during the summer. Things didn't work out in Newcastle United, however I was always confident that he would become a success given time.

As I have already said, I would rather stick to Chris Hughton unless we can get excellent managers such as Hitzfeld, or Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, Ancellotti etc.

Allardyce is a s*** manager. Hughton would have every chance of putting out a side which would take something from Bolton. Likewise, Megson, Pulis, Zola, Coyle, and Mick Mcarthy are all equally mediocre no marks. When we upgrade from Hughton the problem will be identifying someone who will make a positive difference not just come in on a bigger wage and do an even worse job....which a lot of managers are quite capable of as we should know with our disastrous history of appointments.

Allardyce is not a shite manager - his achievement during his Bolton stint is very impressive and Blackburn are now at 12th position in the premiership with nearly half the season gone and spending very little during the summer. Things didn't work out in Newcastle United, however I was always confident that he would become a success given time.

As I have already said, I would rather stick to Chris Hughton unless we can get excellent managers such as Hitzfeld, or Ferguson, Wenger, Benitez, Ancellotti etc.

Allardyce is a one trick pony and he's built two mediocre teams based on long ball football. He was found out at Newcastle where he attempted to play long ball with 5'8" strikers which is testamount to his stupidity. That probably had quite a lot to do with why things "didn't work out".

Allardyce is a one trick pony and he's built two mediocre teams based on long ball football. He was found out at Newcastle where he attempted to play long ball with 5'8" strikers which is testamount to his stupidity. That probably had quite a lot to do with why things "didn't work out".

Allardyce is a one trick pony only because that's what you have seen from him, which is in turn due to the very thrifty budget he had in Bolton and Blackburn.

What's wrong with long ball football anyway ?

He wasn't given enough time Newcastle to turn things around after "things didn't work out". Every manager makes mistake. If you have your ways Ferguson, Benitez and Wenger would have been sacked long time ago.

If only stupidity is all it takes for all the success Allardyce has achieved so far.

Allardyce is a one trick pony only because that's what you have seen from him, which is in turn due to the very thrifty budget he had in Bolton and Blackburn.

What's wrong with long ball football anyway ?

He wasn't given enough time Newcastle to turn things around after "things didn't work out". Every manager makes mistake. If you have your ways Ferguson, Benitez and Wenger would have been sacked long time ago.

If only stupidity is all it takes for all the success Allardyce has achieved so far.

I'm not a fan of long ball football but if you are going to go down that route it helps if you aren't launching the ball at the heads of midget strikers like Owen or Martins. What a glorious and versatile tactician.

We were in relegation form for a long time under allardyce. I remember at the time noticing many of the points we got were purely down to luck, last minute goals/equalisers to get us something from another purely awful performance. We got a lottt of late goals. The way we'd played under him could destroy a persons love for football, he is an appaulingly boring & negative manager. Our games with Derby that season just summed it all up, ive a hard time believing he'd have turned it around & im not sure i care if he would have. Glad to be rid.

I'm not a fan of long ball football but if you are going to go down that route it helps if you aren't launching the ball at the heads of midget strikers like Owen or Martins. What a glorious and versatile tactician.

Half a year stint and you are going to write off all tactical nous he has displayed in different clubs ?

You are simply too subjective because he achieved nothing in half a season in the club you love.

We were in relegation form for a long time under allardyce. I remember at the time noticing many of the points we got were purely down to luck, last minute goals/equalisers to get us something from another purely awful performance. We got a lottt of late goals. The way we'd played under him could destroy a persons love for football, he is an appaulingly boring & negative manager. Our games with Derby that season just summed it all up, ive a hard time believing he'd have turned it around & im not sure i care if he would have. Glad to be rid.

It is just so easy to find faults with a manager and his team performance when they aren't on the level they were "supposed" to be.

Were you supporting Manchester United, Arsenal & Liverpool you would be only too happy to rid Ferguson, Wenger and Benitez.

(Not to suggest Allardyce are on the same level as them)

• 1 month later...

Conceded 8 in our last 6 games so far. Compared to 2 in the 7 before that.

Something definately needs sorting, think confidence is dropping

How are the goals scored stats for the same period?

8 in the last 6 scored so far, compared to 12 in the 6 before that.

Scored atleast two in all the games apart from Derby though & today so far, so we have been scoring. Just conceding to many now.

8 in the last 6 scored so far, compared to 12 in the 6 before that.

Scored atleast two in all the games apart from Derby though & today so far, so we have been scoring. Just conceding to many now.

Cheers. :thup:

He's a cheap option which should get us promoted, it's Ashley's dream come true.

We are conceeding for fun these days. I think we've been found out or the players have hit the post christmas comfort zone that took us down last seasoon

I think you could be right. We've been hanging on in hope of new players to help boost our chances, now with the window a week away and a couple of injuries its all falling apart. We either get some bodies in soon or face up to not getting promoted. Even with 3-4 players right now i cannot see us winning the league, promotion would be touch and go.