Jack Wilshire on Loan - Yes Please!

Guest neesy111

Wilshere's a great talent, but I just wonder how we'd use him, if he came now. Presumably Wenger would only agree the deal if he felt reasonably assured that the lad would get a few first-team starts.

I could see him in the withdrawn striker, Beardsley-type role, but wouldn't that block the development of Ranger? (Yeah, I know they're different types of striker, but it would still reduce his opportunities. I couldn't imagine him playing Ranger and Wilshere together)

If Wilshere is played in the midfield, who would Hughton drop of Jonas, Nolan, Smith or Pancrate? I can't see him axing Nolan or Smith. Pancrate has only just arrived and Jonas is by no means our worst player.

Would he change the formation to 4-3-3 to suit Wilshere? I doubt if he'd take that risk in our position.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the lad here, but I'd rather test his impact out first with a few sub appearances, and that won't be what Wenger wants.

Play him on the right and let him drift wherever he wants.

If he's half as talented as his reputation suggests, he'll be a major improvement on playing Guthrie or whoever out of position, whilst Pancrate is at this point in time still an unknown quantity who may not be good enough.

Wilshere's a great talent, but I just wonder how we'd use him, if he came now. Presumably Wenger would only agree the deal if he felt reasonably assured that the lad would get a few first-team starts.

I could see him in the withdrawn striker, Beardsley-type role, but wouldn't that block the development of Ranger? (Yeah, I know they're different types of striker, but it would still reduce his opportunities. I couldn't imagine him playing Ranger and Wilshere together)

If Wilshere is played in the midfield, who would Hughton drop of Jonas, Nolan, Smith or Pancrate? I can't see him axing Nolan or Smith. Pancrate has only just arrived and Jonas is by no means our worst player.

Would he change the formation to 4-3-3 to suit Wilshere? I doubt if he'd take that risk in our position.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see the lad here, but I'd rather test his impact out first with a few sub appearances, and that won't be what Wenger wants.

Smith in a holding role, with Nolan/Wilshere taking up the other centre mid role, while the other plays behind Shola. Wilshere would be very creative there, but Nolan seems to get alot of goals there, so i think either can be done? This is in a 442 like

Is he that good anyway ?

If he's dragging his feet about moving down a division or up north for a few months he sounds like a right precious little bastard anyway. He should stick with Arsenal reserves and run home for his tea at Mum's house.

Play him on the right and let him drift wherever he wants.

If he's half as talented as his reputation suggests, he'll be a major improvement on playing Guthrie or whoever out of position, whilst Pancrate is at this point in time still an unknown quantity who may not be good enough.

exactly how i would've put it. guthrie's been a major disappointment, with nolan scoring he is not going to get a run in the middle but you'd think dropping down a level that he would be able to impose himself on the right.