Jack Wilshire on Loan - Yes Please!

Guest neesy111

Doesn't fit in with the sort of midfield players Hughton likes, Smith, Butt, Nolan, Geremi.

What you say would perhaps make sense if Hughton had signed any of them, he didn't.

Given the situation we are in he can only really work with what we've got.

It's his preference for some of them ahead of others in our squad who are more attacking minded I'm getting at.

He's far too negative & I'd be surprised if he went for a player like that & then played them consistently.

Hope I'm wrong. :thup:

Doesn't fit in with the sort of midfield players Hughton likes, Smith, Butt, Nolan, Geremi.

What you say would perhaps make sense if Hughton had signed any of them, he didn't.

It's his preference for some of them ahead of others in our squad who are more attacking minded I'm getting at.

He's far too negative & I'd be surprised if he went for a player like that & then played them consistently.

Well he hasn't preferred Geremi over anyone, we haven't seen him for weeks but yes I would like to see Guthrie in central midfield but other than him we don't really have any other options other than Smith, Nolan and Butt with Barton being injured.

If everyone was fit I would like to see us play with a central midfield of Guthrie and Barton, they would piss this league but I doubt we'll ever see that.

to be fair and play a bit devils avacado, hughton  hasn't really had a chance  to put out a team of his liking as he's really had to get on with what he had.  only guthrie could be classed as a box to boxer or someone of more attacking intent and he hasn't covered himself in glory when playing anywhere apart from against leicester. smith to many does the holding role and nolan has been scoring so in many ways i can understand why hughton does that.

mind you i can't agree with playing butt and smith together.

Hughton just goes with what he knows. If he's played a certain side and theyve got results he keeps it like that, its usually only when it goes wrong does he change it. The issue being that most formations would have us winning games in this league, but doesnt mean theyre the most efficient formations we have. He wont change the likes of Smith/Butt/Nolan in the centre because of that though. Only if two of them got injured or put in awful performances would Guthrie even get a look in in the middle. Was the same case with Lovenkrands upfront.

Yeah that was a strange one. Hes given the explanation that he was just resting players for the christmas period though so not a normal situation.

He probably is more comfortable going back to formations that have been tried and been successful to, he's just not likely to try something new unless needed. Guthrie played over all this lot in the centre of mid last season at a much higher standard & he still hasnt given him a look in, he just sticks with whats been successful so far this season.

Can't say I agree with a lot of Hugton's team selections but while he's getting results it's hard to argue. I can only assume that his decision to play two holding midfielders in the last two games is to accomodate two wingers, although for me Guthrie should have enough bite in his game to be up to the task by now. Pretty poor show if he can't get in ahead of a creaking geriatric like Butt in this division.

Can't say I agree with a lot of Hugton's team selections but while he's getting results it's hard to argue. I can only assume that his decision to play two holding midfielders in the last two games is to accomodate two wingers, although for me Guthrie should have enough bite in his game to be up to the task by now. Pretty poor show if he can't get in ahead of a creaking geriatric like Butt in this division.

Not an unfair result by all accounts against Barnsley but I believe we're gradually winning in spite of squad selection than because of it. Guthrie may be doubtful to a lot of people bt he must offer moe than Butt surely. Although they are paying off somehow, I just don't have faith in the long term benefits of CH's tactics. Not seen much of this Wilshire lad, is he the nads like?

Not seen much of this Wilshire lad, is he the nads like?

Could be the next Aaron Ramsey ;)

I would take that.

Ramsey is and has been amazing this season, he will undoubtedly replace Fabregas in a year or two!

I would take that.

Ramsey is and has been amazing this season, he will undoubtedly replace Fabregas in a year or two!

I read old man Cesc is already worried about his place in a few seasons time.

More loans? What's going to happen come the summer if we get promoted? I really can't see us buying all the loanees and if we don't the squad will be alarmingly short in numbers. Having a team with 3 or 4 loans gives an inaccurate picture of the squads long term size and strength. It's very much a short sighted approach more focussed on papering over cracks than really building a team and squad capable of not only getting promoted but staying there.

Loan players are exactly what we need now.  Players who are good enough for this league that we won't be stuck with next year.  If we want players good enough to keep us in the Premiership then we should be signing then from a position of strength in the Premiership.  Those kind of players either won't sign for you in the Championship or want even more cash then normal.

I would take that.

I read old man Cesc is already worried about his place in a few seasons time.

Sounds impressive. I just would like to see ANY attacking minded players in centre mid ffs