given

watson taylor albert bez

solano lee beardsley ginola

sir les sir al

subs ; pav owen gillespie clarky tino

Guest kinaldo

Parker and Bobby Lee in the middle

Would have won us the league

Yep, I also think Didi Hamann and Rob Lee would have won us he title.

I know he acted like a dick when he left for Liverpool, but I still think him and Speed was one of our best ever midfield duos.

It would be nice to see that one day, but only under once condition. They ALL go elsewhere first and prove themselves to be good coaches. We all know great players don't always make good managers/coaches. Them lot potentially could be great, but Newcastle is far too big of a job for unexperienced people to come in and take over. Even Shearer.

Exactly. You wouldn't see Wise & Poyet walking into the Chelsea job.

Pre-Abramovich it wouldn't have surprised me too much.

Guys, honestly I think only Given and Dyer would improve our 96 squad. I'm talking about a fit Dyer.

Maybe Milner or Solano also cuz I reckoned the right to be out main weakness in the mid 90s.

I'd bring Given in goals, Nobby in for Gillespie and Duff (at his best) over Ginola, and a debate then over Batty or Parker think I would edge towards Scott Parker.

Parker couldn't hold a candle to Batty, and I have to say Duffer, even at his best, is no Ginola...

Guys, honestly I think only Given and Dyer would improve our 96 squad. I'm talking about a fit Dyer.

Maybe Milner or Solano also cuz I reckoned the right to be out main weakness in the mid 90s.

Seriously you'd say Milner?! He's the same age now as what Gillespie was when we pushed for the title, and Gillespie whips his a*se for pace, and don't even think about comparing their crossing ability!

I'd bring Given in goals, Nobby in for Gillespie and Duff (at his best) over Ginola, and a debate then over Batty or Parker think I would edge towards Scott Parker.

Parker couldn't hold a candle to Batty, and I have to say Duffer, even at his best, is no Ginola...

FACT!

FACT!

But for the majority of that season it was Clarkie in the middle with Bobby Lee, Batty made his debut v Man U if I remember correctly so it shoul dreally be Clark vs Parker

I was a big fan of Batty when he was here. He was quality in them middle with Rob Lee. I'd be interested to see how Batty would do in todays team though, and i'd also be interested to see how Parker would have done in the Keegan team alongside Rob Lee. I'm a massive fan of Parker as well so i'm not gonna really argue about it. I think if they Parker had been in that team, and Batty was in this team a lot of opinions might be very different.