Danny Simpson (now retired)

Guest toonlass

No spine. No heart. No talent.

Probably in the minority but I don't even want him here as backup. We can do better with very little effort.

lack of footballing talent maybe, but i wouldn't say he has no heart. he looks to me like he gives 100 percent all the time, but when you're a limited footballer that may not be enough sometimes.

Can't wait to see the back of him, like.

Not being a competent footballer is one thing; making a mockery of his defensive responsibilities is quite another. On a regular basis this season he's managed to do both.

Probably in the minority but I don't even want him here as backup. We can do better with very little effort.

lack of footballing talent maybe, but i wouldn't say he has no heart. he looks to me like he gives 100 percent all the time, but when you're a limited footballer that may not be enough sometimes.

This might be the only time I've seen someone say Simpson gives 100%. The amount of hiding he does from the ball should, on it's own, knock that down to about 25%.

Wonder who we'll slag off every time we lose a match when he is replaced in the summer.

By the looks of it we might have already seen Ba being lined up for that one, if he's still here.

Wonder who we'll slag off every time we lose a match when he is replaced in the summer.

By the looks of it we might have already seen Ba being lined up for that one, if he's still here.

Because a few of us are saying he needs a rest?

This might be the only time I've seen someone say Simpson gives 100%. The amount of hiding he does from the ball should, on it's own, knock that down to about 25%.

ive rarely seen simpson hide from defensive responsibilities, in the oppositions half, yes he does hide as he often rather loft a ball or whack it away rather than compose himself and pass to a team mate. 

Because a few of us are saying he needs a rest?

One person has him down as turbo-shit, as for him needing a rest, he's 270 minutes away from 8 weeks rest.  Today was a case of the whole team failing to play, not 1 or 2 players.

Who cares what one person says, man? The lad's probably not very bright, emotional with today's result, or both.

Ba's performance levels have deteriorated pretty drastically, you have to concede that. In 2 of the last 3 games he's basically looked like Shola wih bricks for boots.

ive rarely seen simpson hide from defensive responsibilities, in the oppositions half, yes he does hide as he often rather loft a ball or whack it away rather than compose himself and pass to a team mate. 

Given the fundamental difficulty involved in hiding from both attacking and defensive responsibilites, you're basically giving a well-paid footballer credit for not simply walking off the field of play.

Given the fundamental difficulty involved in hiding from both attacking and defensive responsibilites, you're basically giving a well-paid footballer credit for not simply walking off the field of play.

ok i've replied, happy now troll? lol

give the guy a break , any player in his position would have looked ordinary today,  Wigan were tremendous, let's not forget that.  their movement killed us , wasnt just simpson who got taken apart.

the whole team looked lethargic and shell shocked.  who wouldn't be, wigan were top class today make no mistake about that, should give them more credit and respect.

He didn't look ordinary, he looked horrendous.  Wigan played well and it clearly wasn't our day, but the fact is Simpson was beaten all to easily for one goal and completely disappeared for another.  Whenever our defence comes under pressure he's usually the one that the opposition exploit.

:lol: complete and utter load of shit, both of you. Most people in here are saying he was shit and responsible for one/two goals going in or whatever. Where exactly are they blaming him for the performances of the other players, or the team as a whole?

I've been saying since the win at West Brom that Ba looks absolutely shagged after 60 minutes, pretty much every single week. Were we blessed with options that came anywhere near his quality, we could definitely do with giving him a rest for one or two games.

Mine was a genuine question tbh. I do expect him to be replaced, and I do expect the team to be better as a result. Just wondering who is next in line for slagging off, because he's public enemy #1 these days. Whether I agree with it or not.

:lol: complete and utter load of s***, both of you. Most people in here are saying he was s*** and responsible for one/two goals going in or whatever. Where exactly are they blaming him for the performances of the other players, or the team as a whole?

I've been saying since the win at West Brom that Ba looks absolutely shagged after 60 minutes, pretty much every single week. Were we blessed with options that came anywhere near his quality, we could definitely do with giving him a rest for one or two games.

Simpson gets the blame for far too much when things go wrong in defence.  Williamson cost us the first and crucial goal yesterday yet nobody bothered to bump a thread about him and slag him off for it. 

:lol: complete and utter load of s***, both of you. Most people in here are saying he was s*** and responsible for one/two goals going in or whatever. Where exactly are they blaming him for the performances of the other players, or the team as a whole?

Simpson gets the blame for far too much when things go wrong in defence.  Williamson cost us the first and crucial goal yesterday yet nobody bothered to bump a thread about him and slag him off for it. 

Everyone knows Williamson ain't up to much. Some people, however, think Danny Simpson is a decent player. He's feckin not.

Everyone knows Williamson ain't up to much. Some people, however, think Danny Simpson is a decent player. He's feckin not.

I don't know how to reply to that post other than to say that Perch was thought to be shit yet he still got slaughtered when he played poorly. 

The lad's definitely the weak link (I don't really count Williamson since we have Taylor to come back in next season and should have a new centre back as well).

Think replacing him will give us a new attacking dimension that we don't currently have.

The lad's definitely the weak link (I don't really count Williamson since we have Taylor to come back in next season and should have a new centre back as well).

Think replacing him will give us a new attacking dimension that we don't currently have.

I would agree with that. :thup:

It's the personal shit I think goes a bit far, considering he's been good enough on plenty of occasions since he came to the club. It's not his fault there's been basically no competition for his place.

I would agree with that. :thup:

It's the personal s*** I think goes a bit far, considering he's been good enough on plenty of occasions since he came to the club. It's not his fault there's been basically no competition for his place.

I think Pardew is ruthless enough to replace him too as he did with Nolan and Barton last summer for the good of the team.

I do count Williamson as he's played more games than Steven Taylor and I'd rather see Simpson in the team than Williamson.  Hopefully we will see a new right back come in as well as a new centre back because I've always said that when we field our best 11, Simpson is the weakness both for his attacking play and his defensive game.