Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2146887/Danny-Simpson-edges-Newcastle-exit.html

In the same article it says we will sign Debuchy and Clyne.... surely not man :lol:

That would leave us with 3 right footed full backs, even though Santon is good on the left and Clyne has played there it's still awkward.

Aye, don't think I'd want both. I have no idea about Pieters' quality, but I definitely want us to get a left footed defender I'f we are going for Debuchy or Clyne. If We get a new RB then obviously Santon is LB, wouldn't feel happy just having Ferguson as back up. A LB/CB would be ideal. We'd have RB's falling out our arsehole.

We're obviously not getting both in, but it's abundantly clear from his decision making at the tail end of the season that Pardew considers Santon as a left back predominantly. One would assume Santon has been asked what his favourite position is so has had some say in the matter.

Agree with the comments about wanting a left footed defender but would still wank my willy off if we signed Debucy and Clyne.

Get a quality centre back too and our defence is absolutely brilliant with a lot of years in it.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Simpson has been a great servant and played to his maximum

It's time for both him and the club to move on

He's way too mediocre. His passing is just shocking sometimes: It's either support or hoof. RM suffers too because of Simpson's  inability to make constructive choices.  Williamson knows his limitations, but Simpson's acts like he's the king of right backs.  He's deffo not worth more than he's offered. Should get credit for his line clearances though. Deubuchy would be a huge, huge improvement. Hopefully Tavernier will step up this season and make a good backup.

Speaking of Tavernier, we should offer him to Palace on loan whether we sign Clyne or not. Clyne will definitely be off and Palace don't have a lot of money so it would be a perfect opportunity for Tavernier to go into a club as guaranteed first choice and get a full season in the Championship.

Guest ThievingMagpie

Keep forgetting about Tavernier, didn't Pards say something to the effect that there was no difference really between him and Simpson? If that's true then what the hell are we doing not trying to get shot of him right this instance.

Keep forgetting about Tavernier, didn't Pards say something to the effect that there was no difference really between him and Simpson? If that's true then what the hell are we doing not trying to get shot of him right this instance.

Yeah, he said Tavernier was almost as good.  But that doesn't say much really. If you're just as good as Simpson you still have A LOT to improve :lol:

I really hope we get Deubuchy. A Frenchie in his prime who's a very good friend of Yo. Would make it easier for us to keep Yo too. Deubuchy is very  professional . So he probably takes better care of his body than Noland and Carroll. Unless he gets seriously injured we don't have to think about a replacement before he's well into his 30s.

Guest je85

Yeah, he said Tavernier was almost as good.  But that doesn't say much really. If you're just as good as Simpson you still have A LOT to improve :lol:

I really hope we get Deubuchy. A Frenchie in his prime who's a very good friend of Yo. Would make it easier for us to keep Yo too. Deubuchy is very professional too. So he probably takes better care of his body than Noland and Carroll.

I take better care of my body than Nolan and Carroll.

Aha.  If he was more versatile then I'd be more inclined to keep him, but since he's not I'd like to see him go.  Can't see us signing him on a new deal and signing a shiny new full back too.  New full back, centre half and maybe even a cheap utility player and Mick's yer uncal.

Agree with all the latest comments. Its definitely time to Simpson to move on. He´s not good enough and we don´t needs him as a back up.

Not sure I agree with that, we're badly short of fullbacks. If Simpson goes we need to sign at least 2.

I'm not sure if we do need to sign at least 2 full backs if Simpson goes, Perch and Ferguson are fine and we might even end up playing Steven Taylor there the odd game.

I wouldn't like to play a season that includes European football with only two fullbacks on the books. I don't like Perch there, but you're right about Fergie and maybe Saylor too I suppose.

Also depends how rated Tavernier is.

I'm not sure if we do need to sign at least 2 full backs if Simpson goes, Perch and Ferguson are fine and we might even end up playing Steven Taylor there the odd game.

Sort of agree. I think it's wishful thinking to have a fullback who is good and completely natural in that position willing to sit on the bench.

Know what you mean Ian, yeah, particularly given the heavier schedule.  Still would have 1 full back, 1 centre half and a winger-forward further up the list of priorities, maybe even another central midfielder too.  An Aaron Hughes type who could play all across the back line, is fairly cheap and won't get pissed off when sat on the bench would be ideal of course but sometimes it's difficult to find that sort of player.

We were linked to that Fryers from Man U, 19 year old left back/centre back who is dallying on a contract. No idea how good he is but he might be a good option, but if he's leaving Man U's bench I doubt he'll be wanting to come and sit on ours.

We were linked to that Fryers from Man U, 19 year old left back/centre back who is dallying on a contract. No idea how good he is but he might be a good option, but if he's leaving Man U's bench I doubt he'll be wanting to come and sit on ours.

One of my uni mates used to play with Zeki at county/school level, reckons he was one of those who was "fast but shit" til a few years ago when he suddenly just seemed to click and subsequently looked brilliant.

He looked alreet the couple of times he played for Man U, but it was hard to judge because he wasn't tested defensively at all. Difference between him and Bardsley/Simpson is that he's capped up through England youth levels.

Then again that doesn't mean much. Guthrie never got a single cap while plenty of pants players have done.