Danny Simpson (Premier League Champion)

Guest toonlass

Guest taps01

Why do I have a mental image of him going to Spain, walking around the airport for 4 hours then flying home? :lol:

The f*** could be doing in Spain? Surely no Spanish club wants him.

If there was a player less suited for Spain...

Both dekka and charnley have been barred from spain so he's the Messi-delegation

Surely sending a player of the quality of Danny Simpson would scare someone like Messi off?

You've got it the wrong way round fella. Messi looks at what he thinks is a lowly accountant and thinks "bugger me even their finance department are good at football - good albeit not brilliant I could teach them a thing or two but nonetheless this is a footballing club through and through and one for which I would very much like to sign"

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

danny guthrie ‏@dannyguthrie20

I would also love to see @dannysimpson join me at reading fc #signhim

Guest neesy111

danny guthrie ‏@dannyguthrie20

I would also love to see @dannysimpson join me at reading fc #signhim

Bye Danny :wave:

Would like him to stay but only as an able squad player, as has been pointed out so many times though he is simply not good enough to step up at the next level as a first-teamer.  I respect what he has done for us, made all he could out of his limited talent and some great goal-line clearances saved us a lot of points.  He's deluding himself though if he thinks he should be level on pay with our top players, and NUFC know that he will ultimately be one of the easiest to replace.

See ya, and good luck at Reading or wherever you end up.

Guest VaVaVoom

The sooner he fucks off the sooner we can put the apx 3mil from his transfer to getting Debuchy in.

Simpson was steady but in my opinion never good enough for a top 6 side.

Debuchy is an upgrade of goliath magnitude. One of the best RB's in europe.

http://www.windsorobserver.co.uk/sport/football/articles/2012/07/05/60766-exclusive-pal-alan-padrew-key-to-danny-simpson-swoop/

When asked if he was interested in signing Salford-born Simpson, McDermott replied: "I know Danny really well and he's a good player. He's been talked about a lot but he's Newcastle United's player at the moment. We've got targets in mind and we will be pursuing those."

Would like him to stay but only as an able squad player, as has been pointed out so many times though he is simply not good enough to step up at the next level as a first-teamer.  I respect what he has done for us, made all he could out of his limited talent and some great goal-line clearances saved us a lot of points.  He's deluding himself though if he thinks he should be level on pay with our top players, and NUFC know that he will ultimately be one of the easiest to replace.

See ya, and good luck at Reading or wherever you end up.

Spot on.

We need to be careful, and not go fapping ourselves over a £4m fee.

So far, we've brought in Amalfitano, and got rid of Smith, Guthrie, Best, Forster, Lovenkrands, Kadar and now we might let Simpson go?

All when our squad was too small to begin with.  Are we really going to bring in 5 or 6 additional signings?  Even then, that'll only keep our squad the same size.

Squad players are important, and Simpson would be an ideal one for another year.

Guest Roger Kint

So far, we've brought in Amalfitano, and got rid of Smith, Guthrie, Best, Forster, Lovenkrands, Kadar and now we might let Simpson go?

All when our squad was too small to begin with.  Are we really going to bring in 5 or 6 additional signings?  Even then, that'll only keep our squad the same size.

Squad players are important, and Simpson would be an ideal one for another year.

Smith, Forster, Lovenkrands & Kadar started 4 games last season and were subs in 10 others. Somehow i think we will survive without them. As you say Amal has come in, obviously Simpson & Best will be replaced with better and others will come in too so its not an issuse at all imo.

I expect we will be bringing Sammy Ameobi, Vuckic, Tavernier, Abeid and Ferguson through even more next year. Time will tell if they are good enough squad players.

I'm confident we will be bringing in a few more squad players too like that Bigirimana from Coventry.

Don't forget Xisco too :pow: