Real Madrid weigh up bid for Fabricio Coloccini

Thespence

Why don't you tell me, given that Jonas and Carroll are both allowed to mishit shot after shot after pass yet you call them great players.

I dont call Carroll a great player atall & i dont claim Jonas to be the best shooter. I dont think he needs to be. Colo needs to be able to defend though yeah.

Whered i say that then. Jonas cocks up his own creativity, so its harder to be critical when he makes something from nothing in the first place.

The only time hes cocked up when hes played in himself is when he shoots. I think he could step up to the prem yes as i think he'd suceed in a good team.

What are your reasons then.

You've tried to get a bite out of Ronaldo & then bitten yourself. :lol:

Regardless of performance? Give it up man. :lol:

You said your opinion hasnt changed atall.

You hold a very strong opinion of how good he is, better than Taylor etc so it needs to be backed up pretty well. It wasnt today atall.

Thought he was pretty good at dealing with Miller and Bednar on the deck tbh, they never got round him. Yeah so he didn't do well for the goal, they all make mistakes Steven Taylor could have been at fault for about 5 potential goals. Aerially Taylor and Colo weren't so good last night, their marking was slack in general imo but they had a lot to deal with.

How come if a player who has been playing particularly well all season in the league's leading team, makes one mistake (as he undoubtedly made for the second goal), everyone starts thinking he's not Premier League quality? Have you watched the Premier League, it is full of defenders making mistakes. Including Ferdinand, Vidic and Terry.

How come if a player who has been playing particularly well all season in the league's leading team, makes one mistake (as he undoubtedly made for the second goal), everyone starts thinking he's not Premier League quality? Have you watched the Premier League, it is full of defenders making mistakes. Including Ferdinand, Vidic and Terry.

Because he makes the same mistakes every game almost, just that he's not being punished for it very often.

He simply doesn't track his marker when the ball is being crossed in, even on corners. IMO he's a ballwatcher.

It's no coincidence that Collicini made a mistake in a game against the nearest team to premiership quality we've played all season. His game is totally unsuited to top-level English football.

We've dropped down a division and he looks OK and that, in my opinion, is due to a slower pace of play and individual strikers being significantly slower than premiership strikers.

We should keep him until the summer then flog him, and buy a decent english defender who can handle the rigours of the premier league (if we get promoted).

It's no coincidence that Collicini made a mistake in a game against the nearest team to premiership quality we've played all season. His game is totally unsuited to top-level English football.

We've dropped down a division and he looks OK and that, in my opinion, is due to a slower pace of play and individual strikers being significantly slower than premiership strikers.

We should keep him until the summer then flog him, and buy a decent english defender who can handle the rigours of the premier league (if we get promoted).

Says you, who suggested we buy a striker who failed in the championship when we're 5 months from the premiership.

Says you, who suggested we buy a striker who failed in the championship when we're 5 months from the premiership.

I suggested we buy a pacy striker to play off the bigger, more physical strikers, we have now. I then suggested one name based on seeing him play for 20 minutes of a cup game. Maybe he wasn't the best suggestion but read the title of the thread "realistic transfer targets". I believe Danny Webber is a realistic transfer target. He might well be shit, I haven't seen enough of him throughout his career to judge but I thought I'd drop his name in there.

The way you go on you'd think he was my favourite player. Why don't you lighten up and stop being such a bellend!

Colo was along with 2 other players, culpable for the 2nd goal last night. And not one player on the pitch had a great game for us, stop being so fickle.

How am I being fickle? I've always said that Colo was unsuited to Premier League football and nothing has changed my mind. Surely if I was to say Colo has had a great Championship campaign and I have now changed my mind about him, that would be fickle

Guest Stephen927

I love how Ronaldo now seems to have a selection of posters who will argue with him, he can just pick and choose who wants to argue with, and what about.

Why the criticism now? He's been brilliant all season, one goal means sod all.

When and where have I criticised his performance yesterday?

I stated my opinion of one of our players, something which i believe is allowed and actually encouraged on football forums.  There is no doubt that Colo is a good defender but just not in the Premier League.  Yesterday's performance hasn't infuenced my opinion of the guy either way - all defenders make mistakes, it's just part and parcel of football.  He's been pretty solid all season and fair play to him for it. I just don't think he'll help our cause if we go up.

I stated my opinion of one of our players, something which i believe is allowed and actually encouraged on football forums.  There is no doubt that Colo is a good defender but just not in the Premier League.  Yesterday's performance hasn't infuenced my opinion of the guy either way - all defenders make mistakes, it's just part and parcel of football.  He's been pretty solid all season and fair play to him for it. I just don't think he'll help our cause if we go up.

Do you think replacing him with some jelly legged twat like Andy O'Brien will improve us?

Do you think replacing him with some jelly legged t*** like Andy O'Brien will improve us?

No I don't. Why, do you?

Do you think replacing him with some jelly legged t*** like Andy O'Brien will improve us?

No I don't. Why, do you?

Given our budget what sort of player do you think we'll be signing then? Bearing in mind we can't afford Kilgallon's wages.