Plymouth Argyle vs Newcastle United - Pre Match Thread (2nd Jan 2010 - 3pm)

Guest toonlass

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Could not care less about the FA Cup this season....

------------------------Krul

Leadbitter ----Kadar---------Tozer-------- Lough

Panc-----------Butt-----------Inman ------Lua Lua

--------------Ranger---------Danquah

And accept a 5-0 defeat?

You can't put a team like that out for however many thousand Newcastle fans who make the 400 mile journey to Plumouth. We'd get battered, even by a team like Plymouth. You've got to consider the people making the trip down south, it costs money, a lot of it people don't have it in abundance these days.

Could not care less about the FA Cup this season....

------------------------Krul

Leadbitter ----Kadar---------Tozer-------- Lough

Panc-----------Butt-----------Inman ------Lua Lua

--------------Ranger---------Danquah

And accept a 5-0 defeat?

You can't put a team like that out for however many thousand Newcastle fans who make the 400 mile journey to Plumouth. We'd get battered, even by a team like Plymouth. You've got to consider the people making the trip down south, it costs money, a lot of it people don't have it in abundance these days.

Like Yorkie said, fair play to any one making the trip, but if you go there expecting us to field a full strength team then you're a fucking loon. We've already once this season lost important players cause they played in a cup game, hopefully Hughton learned his lesson back then.

Ive got a horrible feeling Geremi and Butt will both play in this one. Hopefully Im wrong but I can imagine Hughton playing Geremi before LuaLua!

Id go for :-

Krul

Raylor Saylor Kadar Tozer

Pancrate Butt Guthrie LuaLua

Carroll Ranger

Harper, Collocini, Enrique, Donaldson, Geremi, Lovenkrands, Shola

I also think it'll be 1-1

I'm probably wrong here, but I thought Simpsons loan expired on Jan 1?

it's something weird like the 12th

this is definitely not the most important game of the season, i expect that'll be towards the end of the season, just hoping it wont be in the playoffs

Cheers.

Guest michaelfoster

Ive got a horrible feeling Geremi and Butt will both play in this one. Hopefully Im wrong but I can imagine Hughton playing Geremi before LuaLua!

Krul

Carroll Ranger

Why play Tozer at LB when he's a CB and Kadar at CB when hes actually a natural LB

Guest michaelfoster

Krul

Geremi   S.Taylor    Kadar     R.Taylor

Pancrate  Butt (c)   Guthrie    Lovenkrands

Carroll     Ranger

Sounds more likely knowing Hughton tbh

Guest toonlass

Krul

Carroll Ranger

Will Geremi not be away to the ACN?

Krul

Carroll Ranger

Don't think so as the opening fixture of the ACN is on 13th Jan.

Guest toonlass

Krul

Carroll Ranger

So are all the African players just going to turn up on the 12th? Or do you reckon some might go a bit earlier?

Krul

Carroll Ranger

So are all the African players just going to turn up on the 12th? Or do you reckon some might go a bit earlier?

Of course a bit earlier, but Geremi will be here on the 2nd January. There's also no mention on .com that he would be away that early.

Edit: Have found it now on .com:

The Cameroon squad assemble in Nairobi on Jan 5th and make the journey to Angola on Jan 11th.

So he will be available.

Krul

Carroll Ranger

Why play Tozer at LB when he's a CB and Kadar at CB when hes actually a natural LB

Because I think Kadar is the better defender overall and will cope better in the centre. Id prrefer not to play Tozer at all, but Id give Enrique a rest. Tozer was a leftback when we signed hiom anyway.

Oh aye, forgot about the ACN  :doh: :pow:

Guest Brummiemag

The FA Cup doesnt seem as special as it used to. :-(

Thats because a lot of supporters, although not all, actually advocate playing weakened teams because they see the Premier League, promotion to it and survival in it as the be all and end all.  Its very sad

Thats because a lot of supporters, although not all, actually advocate playing weakened teams because they see the Premier League, promotion to it and survival in it as the be all and end all.   Its very sad

It is.

Thats because a lot of supporters, although not all, actually advocate playing weakened teams because they see the Premier League, promotion to it and survival in it as the be all and end all.   Its very sad

unfortunatly it is the be all and end all in these days when the finances are as important as anything else.

on a personal level i always had the cup as a second rate comp as poor teams can and do win it whereas with a league the best team wins it the vast majority of the time.

Krul

Carroll Ranger

I think he's already gone.

Krul

Carroll Ranger

I think he's already gone.

As I've already posted before: from nufc.com

The Cameroon squad assemble in Nairobi on Jan 5th and make the journey to Angola on Jan 11th.

So I don't think he is already gone.

From the Journal this morning :-

“Geremi will be meeting up with the rest of the Cameroon squad on January 4, and how long he stays in Angola will depend on how well his country do in the competition,” Hughton said. “At this

moment in time, Geremi remains a contracted player here, and I don’t see that changing. At present, we’re in a fairly healthy position in terms of the squad, and we haven’t had too many injuries, particularly in the midfield areas.

“That has restricted the amount of time Geremi has been on the field, and there have been times when he has found himself out of the match day squad.

“But that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t have a job to do, it doesn’t mean we won’t need him in the second half of the season.

“He’s still a player of good quality, and that’s why he’s been selected to play for his national team, even though he hasn’t had a lot of football this season. He’s out of contract in the summer, but at the moment he’s very much under contract and the only reason he hasn’t really figured is the lack of injuries we’ve had to this point.”

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/12/31/newcastle-united-s-jermaine-beckford-bid-knocked-back-61634-25498681/2/