Joey Barton blasts players' lifestyle

David28

"A year ago he was shouting at Alan Shearer calling him a s*** manager "

maybe shearer was a s*** manager tho.  I could imagine he was tyrant, as hes is used to having his ego pampered, and sop probably expects peeps to jump when he wants.

OFcourse the pressure cooker of relegation didnt give him an easy intro to management.

surely as a manager you do expect people to jump when you say ?

Not a red card in a million years, and I'm happy Barton said what he said in the wardrobe after as it made it even more clear that he really cares about wanting to play for us. Just a shame he's been unlucky with injuries is all, injuries which apparently got worse by him rushing back into playing.

he's been unlucky with injuries is all ?

:facepalm:

Guest toonlass

Having watched the show, Joey really does seem in a good place, he is also quite an intelligent speaker. I think we could be in for good times.

he was a good speaker and talked the talk before kicking off in liverpool.

some good performances and prolonged good behaviour would be a good start.

how prolonged does this period of good behaviour have to be because since he came out of prison he has been nothng but well behaved. I am quite impressed by the effort he has made to change his lifestyle, he doesn't drink alcohol anymore and that seemed to be the source of his bad behaviour. He deserves credit for that!

yeah i suppose after stubbing a cigar out on someones eye, knocking a team mate out then repeatedly punching him when out cold, then being involved in an assault i suppose going 2 years without hospitalising someone ought to be applauded, what the fuck, get him an MBE and inform the nobel peace prize committe.

Would it not have been quicker to say "Never!"

Having watched the show, Joey really does seem in a good place, he is also quite an intelligent speaker. I think we could be in for good times.

how prolonged does this period of good behaviour have to be because since he came out of prison he has been nothng but well behaved. I am quite impressed by the effort he has made to change his lifestyle, he doesn't drink alcohol anymore and that seemed to be the source of his bad behaviour. He deserves credit for that!

yeah i suppose after stubbing a cigar out on someones eye, knocking a team mate out then repeatedly punching him when out cold, then being involved in an assault i suppose going 2 years without hospitalising someone ought to be applauded, what the f***, get him an MBE and inform the nobel peace prize committe.

not at all, given time and i'm not even sure what timeframe. its purely subjective and each person will come to that conclusion themselves. for me though he still has a lot to do both on and off the pitch.

Guest toonlass

yeah i suppose after stubbing a cigar out on someones eye, knocking a team mate out then repeatedly punching him when out cold, then being involved in an assault i suppose going 2 years without hospitalising someone ought to be applauded, what the f***, get him an MBE and inform the nobel peace prize committe.

not at all, given time and i'm not even sure what timeframe. its purely subjective and each person will come to that conclusion themselves. for me though he still has a lot to do both on and off the pitch.

Well if it is subjective as you say, then if I want to give him credit for his alcohol abstinance and subsequent better behaviour because of it, who are you to mock?

Well if it is subjective as you say, then if I want to give him credit for his alcohol abstinance and subsequent better behaviour because of it, who are you to mock?

because i doubt you would if he wasn't an NUFC footballer. as with most on this board they'd want someone with that rap sheet to still be behind bars.

Fair enough he says some good things but you can't argue he has been a COMPLETE waste of space/time/money. Catastrophic signing.

You just have to write the last three seasons off. It's pointless looking back. He's our player, at least for one more season, and let's hope we finally see the best of him - and he is actually a very good player who can make a big difference to us.

how can you say he IS avery good player whilst also saying you have to write the last 3 seasons off ?

I'm writing off the last few seasons because he's barely played at all due to injuries and off-field behaviour, not because I think he's played badly during his brief appearances. Largely down to his own fault, we've seen very little of him.

I checked this out a short while ago - his longest unbroken series of starts in his time here stands at 8. That coincides with the period at the end of the Keegan season, when we went on that run to avoid relegation. Personally, I'd say that's significant.

I'm not making excuses for the bloke. He's been stupid and irresponsible, to both himself and the club. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he does have ability. He's shown that at Man City and in the short spells that he's played for us. If it wasn't for his off-field problems he'd have been a regular in the England squad.

Guest toonlass

because i doubt you would if he wasn't an NUFC footballer. as with most on this board they'd want someone with that rap sheet to still be behind bars.

Probably, but then again maybe I wouldn't. Who knows. At least he is doing something to change his life, unlike a lot of people.

Fair enough he says some good things but you can't argue he has been a COMPLETE waste of space/time/money. Catastrophic signing.

You just have to write the last three seasons off. It's pointless looking back. He's our player, at least for one more season, and let's hope we finally see the best of him - and he is actually a very good player who can make a big difference to us.

how can you say he IS avery good player whilst also saying you have to write the last 3 seasons off ?

I'm writing off the last few seasons because he's barely played at all due to injuries and off-field behaviour, not because I think he's played badly during his brief appearances. Largely down to his own fault, we've seen very little of him.

I checked this out a short while ago - his longest unbroken series of starts in his time here stands at 8. That coincides with the period at the end of the Keegan season, when we went on that run to avoid relegation. Personally, I'd say that's significant.

I'm not making excuses for the bloke. He's been stupid and irresponsible, to both himself and the club. But that doesn't take away from the fact that he does have ability. He's shown that at Man City and in the short spells that he's played for us. If it wasn't for his off-field problems he'd have been a regular in the England squad.

no doubting the bloke has ability but i'm not sure he has the desire now (or with the desire comes the stupid fuckedness which negates it all). has he the talent for us to carry those wages with his injury record ?

next season is make or break for him. i hope for NUFC it works out.

It was easily a straight red, could have ended a career. He still said them regardless, while putting in nothing all season to help us stay and keep out of relegation, he had no place to say anything and showed just how professional he is. If we could have sold the waste of skin we would have, unfortunately no one is daft enough to even take him for free.

What an absolute load of bollocks.  The source of it is no surprise though.

It was easily a straight red, could have ended a career. He still said them regardless, while putting in nothing all season to help us stay and keep out of relegation, he had no place to say anything and showed just how professional he is. If we could have sold the waste of skin we would have, unfortunately no one is daft enough to even take him for free.

to me it was a straight red (over the top,other leg following through aswell,cosmetic attmpt to get the ball) but very rarely given. normally, and in my opinion wrongly, a yellow.

The injury is hardly his fault in fairness. The tackle was worthy of a yellow at best and has was basically right about Shearer, thing's get said when you get beaten 3-0 and you have several passengers on the pitch.

If it had been 7-0 we couldn't have had any complaints either. Absolutely disgusting performance..

Meaning? I thought it was a red, other people did as well as the ref. Problem with that?

Guest BooBoo

Was a classic case of the ref pandering to the home crowd and making the easy decision to send off the panto villain.

Guest geordienorway

Barton's interview on telly last night was a good watch. It seems he is surrounded by people who has great influence on him. An interesting part was that Barton mentioned the club is checking up on the youngsters behavior off the pitch, and giving them advises of what not to do. He never had that at City according to himself.

Liverpool away was painful like. After that I think I pretty much conceded that we weren't going to stay up. It wasn't necessarily the result as I fully expected us to lose, it was the way we went about it, if ever there was an absolutely gutless performance to sum up last season, it was Liverpool away. Fucking hate Anfield too.