Portsmouth FC in yet more trouble - administration again?

GG

"Clubs like AFC Wimbledon who've risen again."

Is that some sick joke?

I can't stand AFC Wimbledon.

Would be a completely different case. AFC Wimbledon were formed when Wimbledon FC were still playing. Wimbledon FC only stopped when the name was changed to MK Dons but they are a continuation rather than a new club. You try telling an AFC Womble fan that his club are a new entity and not the phoenix from the flames of the FA Cup winning Wimbledon FC and they practically explode.

Timing schmiming, IMO.  What used to be Wimbledon FC might not have been formally finished by the time that AFC Wimbledon started, but it was in the post.  What other choice do ex-Wimbledon FC fans have?  It's either AFC Wimbledon; follow MK Dons (which, as the most evil/hateable team in England, is not an option for anyone in possession of a soul); or stop watching football.

AFC Wimbledon get the  :thup: from me.

I feel realy sorry for them, they have one of the best set of fans in the epl and definately didn't deserve this, it is however a warning to all clubs to live with in their means, when you hear this sort off stuff it almost makes you glad we have mike ashley,as bad as he is.

Except HIM of course... whatever his name is. Mr Portsmouth.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/05_04/Portsmouth_468x354.jpg

:dowie:

reminds me of john mccririck

I feel realy sorry for them, they have one of the best set of fans in the epl and definately didn't deserve this, it is however a warning to all clubs to live with in their means, when you hear this sort off stuff it almost makes you glad we have mike ashley,as bad as he is.

Except HIM of course... whatever his name is. Mr Portsmouth.

Ofcourse.

Is that some sick joke?

Would be a completely different case. AFC Wimbledon were formed when Wimbledon FC were still playing. Wimbledon FC only stopped when the name was changed to MK Dons but they are a continuation rather than a new club. You try telling an AFC Womble fan that his club are a new entity and not the phoenix from the flames of the FA Cup winning Wimbledon FC and they practically explode.

Timing schmiming, IMO.  What used to be Wimbledon FC might not have been formally finished by the time that AFC Wimbledon started, but it was in the post.  What other choice do ex-Wimbledon FC fans have?  It's either AFC Wimbledon; follow MK Dons (which, as the most evil/hateable team in England, is not an option for anyone in possession of a soul); or stop watching football.

You've clearly never met them then. It's only an hour drive from London to MK. It takes that long to get from Ploough Lane to Selhurst Park on a good day. FYI there are plenty of 'old' Wimbledon fans who are now MK Dons fans. I've met a few. The majority of AFC Wimbledon fans are bandwaggoners who have jumped on board as they rise ough the leagues. They have a nasty bunch of fans and believe it is their divine right to get into the football league.

I can't stand them.

So i think i'm right in saying most of us feel sorry for the pompey fans. Do you think we would get the same sympathy from the footballing world if it happend to us? And would you feel sorry for the mackems if it happend to them?

I think the majority of football fans would feel sorry for any club who goes under. I'd feel sorry for the Mackems, no doubt.

So i think i'm right in saying most of us feel sorry for the pompey fans. Do you think we would get the same sympathy from the footballing world if it happend to us? And would you feel sorry for the mackems if it happend to them?

I think the majority of football fans would feel sorry for any club who goes under. I'd feel sorry for the Mackems, no doubt.

Southampton fans don't seem to have much sympathy, going off their message boards :lol:

Is that some sick joke?

You've clearly never met them then. It's only an hour drive from London to MK. It takes that long to get from Ploough Lane to Selhurst Park on a good day. FYI there are plenty of 'old' Wimbledon fans who are now MK Dons fans. I've met a few. The majority of AFC Wimbledon fans are bandwaggoners who have jumped on board as they rise ough the leagues. They have a nasty bunch of fans and believe it is their divine right to get into the football league.

I can't stand them.

If NUFC moved less than the hour it takes to get from London to MK to Sunderland and renamed themselves to Mackem Toons FC, would you keep supporting them?  The idea of a football club moving towns is anathema to me: we might as well bring in a US style franchise system if that is acceptable.  For all AFC Wimbledon's flaws, they're still a billion times more legitimate than MK Dons, IMO.

Guest johnson293

Update from The Times...

12.50pm: HM Revenue & Customs have asked the High Court to either execute the winding up order today or grant a "very short" adjournment in the case. The wait goes on ...

Southampton fans don't seem to have much sympathy, going off their message boards :lol:

considering what they went through in the summer you'd think they'd have sympathy but then again maybe pompey fans were not so kind back then

Id have thought the shit Southampton have went through and nearly losing their club too would have some sympathies with Pompey....No one wants to see any club go out of business and fans from all over the country rally round and try to help in cases...I remember going to Brighton when they arranged a day for all fans to help them out..stood on the terraces with a black and white shirt on surrounded by fans of all different clubs it was fantastic to see the support..Yes we have our own team we are so passionate about but in reality WE ARE FOOTBALL FANS full stop..We dont want to see any fan lose their team or a city or town lose its sporting heartbeat...

considering what they went through in the summer you'd think they'd have sympathy but then again maybe pompey fans were not so kind back then

I imagine after their fall from the glory days of Le Tissier, seeing their local rivals playing good football in the top tier and winning the FA Cup they've felt pretty down-trodden for a while, not surprised to see them relish it.